CHAPTER 3

The Cure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If I can't find the cure, I'll

I'll fix you with my love

No matter what you know, I'll

I'll fix you with my love

And if you say you're okay

I'm gonna heal you anyway

Promise I'll always be there

Promise I'll be the cure

 

 

            It was already quarter to one in the morning. Tiffany sighed in relief when she saw Taeyeon by the ocean, curled up with her head between her knees. She frowned as she thought of how much crying Taeyeon has done already. Taeyeon hasn't been contacting her for two days already and it angers Tiffany. At first, she was mad at Taeyeon for not leaving even a goobye message to her if she's gonna be like this to her. She was mad at what Taeyeon is doing at her until she talked to Sooyoung and she was told to stay away from Taeyeon for a while because the girl is not in a good state. Taeyeon is so broken right now and as far as Tiffany can remember, Taeyeon hates it when people tries to talk to her when she is sad but Tiffany cannot let that be.

 

            She is Taeyeon's girlfriend, partner, bestfriend, and future wife – Tiffany smiled at the thought of being Taeyeon’s wife. She will do anything and everything for Taeyeon. Anything that can make Taeyeon feel better. Anything that can make Taeyeon smile again. She hates how Taeyeon try to be strong in front of everyone when deep down inside, she is broken as hell. She remembers one time when Taeyeon fought for their Chemistry Class. Taeyeon knew about the professor's unfair grading of the students. Taeyeon spoke to everyone in their class to be united and file a complaint to the professor. Taeyeon did everything for everyone but after all the fighting that the dork did – she found Taeyeon, curled up at the corner of the library, crying her heart out. Taeyeon was so sad that time, she asked Tiffany why would there be a person like that - greedy and unfair. Tiffany cannot answer Taeyeon. She only sighed and hugged the girl to calm her down. After that moment, Taeyeon was back to wearing her mask and Tiffany hates it but she can't do anything about it because Taeyeon was taught to grew up like a mature adult by her parents.

 

 

            Tiffany walked over to Taeyeon and sat quietly beside her. She glanced at the girl beside her before shifting her gaze to the vast body of water. "I'm not here to push you to talk about what's in your mind right now nor push you to come back home. I'll just be here to be with you, and wait for you until you are okay or ready to go wherever you want. I'm here, Taetae. I'm always here for you." she spoke in a low voice, trying not to sound like anything Taeyeon hates.

 

            She closed her eyes before letting out a sigh and what happened next was something she was never expecting to happen. Taeyeon moved closer beside her and wrapped her arms around Tiffany. She buried her head on Tiffany's shoulder and cried so hard that Tiffany started crying too. But she tried not to cry that hard because this time, she needs to be strong so that Taeyeon can lean on her and she can be her knight.

 

            "I'm sorry..." Taeyeon's voiced cracked as she sobbed on Tiffany's shoulder. Tiffany could only nod at what Taeyeon said and hugged the girl back.

 

            "It's okay. I'm not mad at you or anything." Tiffany ran her fingers in Taeyeon's hair, hoping it can calm the dork down. "I just want you to be okay, that's all."

 

            Taeyeon didn't answer and Tiffany know what that meant – Taeyeon is far from being okay. All she can do right now is stay beside Taeyeon and be her crying shoulder. Taeyeon will talk about this soon with Tiffany, she knows that because Taeyeon never kept anything from her. Taeyeon was an open book for her and if Taeyeon was a book, Tiffany memorized her well already.

 

            They stayed in that same position for almost an hour. Tiffany actually felt cold already but she could care less. She felt the warm person beside her calm down a bit. Taeyeon was not crying anymore but she isn't moving as well. Taeyeon needed some time and Tiffany will give Taeyeon that as long as she doesn't leave her again and be missing for two days without contacting her and telling her her whereabouts.

 

            "It's appa..." Taeyeon started with almost a whisper. She let out a deep sigh before burying her face more on Tiffany's shoulder. "I'm sorry, I got your shirt wet..."

 

            What Taeyeon was sorry for made Tiffany giggle. Taeyeon is always like this, always apologizing even on the smallest things that she caused. She moved a bit to place a sweet kiss on top of Taeyeon's head. "It's okay, and it's okay if you don't tell me anything now. I'll still be here."

 

            "It's not that I don't want to tell you," she felt Taeyeon gripping on her shirt again. "But my heart is aching so much right now, I don't know where to start. My thoughts are all over the place and... I don't know, really."

 

            "I told you, it's okay." Tiffany smiled. "Look at me?"

 

            "Hmmm?" Taeyeon looked up at her and smiled a bit when she placed a peck on her lips.

 

            "Just don't keep me hanging like that again, okay? I was so worried that I asked Sooyoung to print wanted ads for you." Tiffany sighed and pulled Taeyeon closer to her. "Do that to me again and you won't see me ever again."

 

            "Sorry. I didn't mean it. Everything was just so sudden that's why I left like that." Taeyeon closed her eyes. “I know I hurt everyone but I was hurt too. It's something that I didn't expect to happen to my family... not us.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

            It was a Friday afternoon when Taeyeon came home from school. She was worn about because of the endless exams and her on-going final paper before they graduate. She sighed when she can’t take of her shoes well because she is so tired so she ends up just wiggling the shoes out of her feet. “Ahhh! Please shoes-nim! I’m tired! Don’t be too clingy!”

 

            "Eomma! Hayeon-ah! I'm home!" but no one answered. Weird because the front door is open yet no one is home? Did Hayeon forgot to lock it? That kid, seriously. Taeyeon thought as she examines the house, searching for traces of any living organisms that she can be with, or that has eaten her family. Oh no, did Mr. Caterpillar came to life? She shook her head and tried to remove her hoodie as she walks up to her room. When she opened the door of her room, her mother was there. She was lying on her bed while hugging Taeyeon's favorite stuffed animal, Mr. Caterpillar. Thank God, Mr. Caterpillar is not a monster. "Eomma? What are you doing there? Why are you home so early? Thought you’ll go grocery shopping with Hay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter