Someone else 다른 사람

That I Was Once By Your Side 내가 너의 곁에 잠시 살았다는 걸 [Oneshot][Completed]

Kim Heechul and Wonder Girl’s ex member- Ahn Sohee reported to have broken up.

The couple was together for 7 months before ending their relationship recently.

Both sides will remain as good friends.

 

--

 

It wasn’t new for Heechul and his quick relationships, though s were surprised he lasted 4 months with Sohee, he’s just surprised that he didn’t last longer considering how much he adored her back then. It’s crazy to think he managed to last 2 years with a guy but girls are all under 4 months.

 

Maybe it was because Kyunghoon puts up with him and they had a lot of common interest. Come to think of it, it’s been a long time since he has last seen Kyunghoon. The hyungs all miss him but they wouldn’t ever bring up Kyunghoon’s name when Heechul is around, they didn’t want to attempt to barge into that sad past. Even with Janghoon always saying he will get back at Heechul for teasing him about his divorce, he never did and Heechul knows it’s because they were all close and he couldn’t bear hurt them.

 

He comes to the shooting looking fine as normal but the hyungs looks uncomfortable. He surveys them unconsciously and could see a potent grief they had for him even though he himself doesn’t think much of it.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“We saw the news. Are you okay?”

 

He nods and shows his very tough and brave exterior, “I had many failed relationships, this is just another to add to the list.” There was a flicker in his eyes that told the hyungs he was a bit vulnerable but keeping it hidden.

 

“We should go drinking after the shoot. It’s been awhile since we had a get together.” Hodong suggests and Heechul couldn’t disagree. His devotion to the show is quite strong and to the hyungs was stronger.

 

--

 

Seeing everyone laughing and sharing their stupid stories really lifted Heechul’s spirit. He laughs like usual as he tells his story, how he will probably never find love. Though his chest feels constricted with primal fear, he still knows that love is impossible to find.

 

Soogeun looks at Heechul and upon closer consideration, he finds it best just to open up. “You know when you and Kyunghoon were together, we all thought it was ridiculous at first, but that was your longest relationship. Do you talk to Kyunghoon anymore?”

 

Wasting no time Heechul answers quickly, “nope. Actually I haven’t seen him at all but I assume it’s because he doesn’t leave his house, it would be hard to run into him.”

 

“Then I hope you don’t get mad but I invited Kyunghoon to dinner.” Hodong says rapidly but Heechul heard everything.

 

“What? How did you get him to agree?” Youngchul mind is barely processing the situation. There was a bit of a conflict between all of them so it’s surprising that Kyunghoon is willing to come.

 

“Well I said we missed him a lot and if he doesn’t meet us then we are not considered his brothers anymore. Truth be told, I also said harsh words but I finally made him agree. You’re okay with it right Heechul?”

 

Heechul couldn’t contain his happiness to say the least. He hasn’t seen Kyunghoon for so long and his heart races even faster. He tries to remain calm with a monotonic tone saying he is fine with the situation but inside he is very excited.

 

After 10 minutes, Kyunghoon slowly walks inside the restaurant seeing his hyungs drinking while grilling meat. He politely bows to them and Sangmin pulls him into a comforting hug. Heechul glances at Kyunghoon and couldn’t look away while he is greeting the other hyungs, Kyunghoon has gotten skinnier but not stick skinny like when they last met in front of his dorm. He is also back to wearing his glasses and Heechul isn’t sure if this was supposed to happen but when he sees Kyunghoon smile, his heart does a rapid turn. He was sure he has fallen out of love with Kyunghoon when he dumped the other, but what is this feeling he cannot describe?

 

Kyunghoon blinks a bit when they make eye contact and then turns his attention elsewhere when Youngchul taps on the seat besides him. It takes a great effort for Heechul to lower his eyes away from Kyunghoon but when he feels a tap on his shoulder from Soogeun signaling him to press the call button to alert the waiter that they have another guest, he finally gets back to reality.

 

“Yah my son, it has been so long since you contacted us! I was about to disown you.” Janghoon comments while handing Kyunghoon the soju bottle.

 

“I am very sorry for quitting and disappearing on everyone.” He says sincerely while avoiding eye contact with Heechul. Heechul knows he’s the reason why Kyunghoon just gave up on everything and he kind of blames himself for knowing he is the reason but not caring about Kyunghoon at all.

 

Kyunghoon eyes burn as he realizes everyone is staring at him and he continues. “I-I quit the entertainment industry for good because I just lost a lot of confidence in myself.” He rubs his arms and blinks while carefully thinking of the words to say, the hyungs acknowledge the fact that he is every reserved and now trying to open up to them and they’re proud of him. What came next, was more shaking with him stuttering, “My members and I don’t talk anymore and I made so many people upset, I-I also thought everyone here would hate me so I didn’t contact anymore. I-I’m really sorry. I’m very dumb and childish and I apologize.”

 

Sensing that Kyunghoon is on the verge of tearing up, Soogeun rubs his hair. “We understand it all. Don’t worry too much about it. If it takes you to get away from the entertainment industry and smile like before then I’m all up for it.”

 

“We love you a lot. That’s why we didn’t find anyone to fill your position in hopes you would come back, but if you don’t want to, it is fine too. As long as you come to dinner and hang out with us.” Hodong sincerely says.

 

“Why are you being so nice to me? It is so unlike you hyung.” Kyunghoon jokes so they would change the atmosphere. “Earlier you told me if I don’t come you would beat me up if we ever meet.”

 

Hodong laughs as he makes a motion of grabbing Kyunghoon’s collar.

 

While the members get back to eating and drinking, Heechul notice that Kyunghoon avoids all eye contact with him. Maybe their last meeting wasn’t the best when he told Kyunghoon to not show up in front of him again. He really missed how clingy Kyunghoon was before and how much the younger loved him, now it felt like they were complete strangers eating together. His thought is spinning as he looks at Kyunghoon smiling to everyone except him and he wishes he could have turned back time and be the receiving end of that smile.

 

“Are you seeing anyone now? Someone so cute is bound to find someone right?” Sangmin abrupt question makes Kyunghoon cough on his drink. He is a bit drunk at the moment so it is easier to ask him questions.

 

“I-I am” Kyunghoon shyly says as he puts down the soju bottle. “H-He’s a long time fan of mine.”

 

Heechul feels a bit bothered by the statement and he could not control his mouth. “How did you two meet? Does he treat you well?”

 

His unnecessary question turns the attention towards him. It suddenly feels wrong as Kyunghoon gives him a fast glance and then withdraws his eyes. Kyunghoon plays with the rice in his bowl, “he treats me very well.” The voice is a soft whisper and Heechul wants to slap himself for being so stupid and making the atmosphere take a 180 degree turn.

 

Suddenly Kyunghoon cell phone rings and he excuses himself and walks outside.

 

“Yah Kim Heechul why would you care if his new boyfriend treats him well? Are you jealous?” Youngchul raises his eyebrow in suspicion.

 

His pride definitely got the best of himself and he feels so high in his pedestal to step down. “Why would I be jealous when I dumped him?”

 

“Well you been quiet all dinner and suddenly only talked when you became curious about his new boyfriend.”

 

“I was just curious. I don’t really care about his love life. He’s just someone I used to date.” 

 

It was a bad time to voice his opinion so loudly because Kyunghoon’s face when he returns really shows that he has heard everything. Kyunghoon isn’t very good at acting either and Heechul suddenly feels like again.

 

Kyunghoon’s face, although fair and cute than ever before, is drawn with a type of disappointment. He looks at the hyungs and bows, “m-my boyfriend is picking me up because he is worried about me going home drunk. I’m sorry for leaving early.”

 

“Stay longer. I will take you home” Janghoon is trying to convince Kyunghoon to stay even though it is useless. He bows and politely excuses himself, promising he will come if he is invited next time.

 

“The least you could do is apologize to him. What are you waiting for?” Hodong motions Heechul to get his up and chase after Kyunghoon. He wants them all as good brothers/friends again and for this awkward atmosphere to go away.

 

Normally Heechul would avoid listening to Hodong but his mind is wheeling around memories and thoughts that made him uncomfortable. He gets up from his seat and rushes outside the restaurant. A melancholy gaze faints in his face when he sees Kyunghoon getting into the passenger seat as the other male place a kiss on his cheeks.

 

His finger clenches into a fist and his thoughts were consume with many hidden anger. For him, Kyunghoon has always been by his side and seeing Kyunghoon with someone else makes absolutely no sense. For it was true that he broke up with Kyunghoon, but this firm emotion states that he despises seeing someone else take what was once his.

 

Being the idiot that he is, he clenches his fists tighter and stomps right in front of the car, stopping it from moving.

 

The guy in the car pulls down his window and stares at Heechul strangely and Heechul should feel ashamed to result to something so embarrassing but his anger is getting the best out of him. “I want to talk to you. Can you park your car and step out alone?”

 

He is clearly begging for a different reaction of some sort but the male listens and parks the car. He looks at Kyunghoon’s expression and could see the younger totally confused and a bit upset by the way he is biting on his lips. Kyunghoon’s boyfriend gets out of the car and they talk in the corner of the restaurant.

 

“Whatever it is, can we please hurry? I don’t want Kyunghoon to wait too long. I only made the effort to park and talk to you because you’re also a celebrity and I don’t want to be rude to people Kyunghoon knows.”

 

Under his breath he wants to yell at the other for being so blunt towards him but he is also in the wrong for stopping the car. Whatever his problem is, he did make such a rash decision. “You’re Kyunghoon’s new boyfriend? I heard you’re a fan of his. What is your name by the way?”

 

“I’m Park Taewoo and to answer your question yes I am Kyunghoon’s boyfriend. I’ve been a fan of his for 15 years. I’m not sure why this is a concern to you…”

 

“He is my ex so I care about him.”

 

Taewoo lets out a smirk and rolls his eyes. “If you really cared about him, you would not have let him cried like that. Do you know how I found him? I found him trying to end his life at Han River and I saved him. He was truly convinced he had no one because s and his lover all left him. When he left the industry you have not once cared about him because you found someone else, I cannot believe you threw him away like trash and stepped all over him to now tell me you care about him.” Taewoo takes his frustration out on the wall besides him, too irritated to see the marks he has left on his knuckles.

 

“W-We ended on good terms. I had no idea he wanted to end his life.”

 

“He didn’t tell me anything about you two but I figured it out on my own. I even knew you two were secretly dating for two years but I didn’t know eventually you would hurt my idol like that. He is like a gem to me and you treated him worst than a rock on the ground. You’re a ty boyfriend.”

 

Being told that he is to his face is painful because he couldn’t even deny that he was an . There is no logical explanation to prove that Taewoo is wrong. He destroyed a bright and lively boy who got over his depression to fall back into that depression.

 

“I know I made a mistake but I want to take it all back. I still love him and-” Heechul couldn’t finish his sentence because he feels a punch on the side of his face.

 

An expression of fear or maybe even panic crosses Taewoo’s face once he realized what he has done. He attempts to divert his attention back to his car as he looks back at Heechul. “I shouldn’t have done that to you because you’re an idol and your face is important to you, but do not say you love someone that is not yours anymore. If I ever see you make another move on my boyfriend, I will not let you off this easy.”

 

Rather than fighting off the stinging pain on the side of his face, he feels more pain in his heart. His weakened self walks towards the street to see the car drive away and even though he is exhausted, the struggle to stop fighting doesn’t stop.

 

Seeing Kyunghoon after all this time made him realize that there is no one that could understand him as well as Kyunghoon and makes him feel all this emotion. When he and Sohee broke up, the first person that crossed his mind is Kyunghoon. He truly doesn’t want to see Kyunghoon with someone else no matter how selfish that may be.