CHAPTER TWO

Honestly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2 CHANYEOL AND FRIENDS

SKIOH Ski resort, The Alps

December 2016

Four preppy looking guys are in a bench drinking hot cocoa while resting their tired bodies. The boys have been skiing for 3 hours straight and they finally felt exhausted. SKIOH, a members only ski resort located in Zermatt is where the boys are staying. As a group of snow and snowboarding lovers, they visit different countries and compare which has the best snow for skiing. Last year they were in Niseko, a popular skiing place in Japan. Now, they’ve decided to check out Switzerland’s snow and of course, to visit their beloved little sister, Ji Eun—but as aexpected, they were not able to catch up with her because of her busy schedule and now they are stuck with themselves, talking nonsense. 

 

 

After the boys finished their cocoa drinks, they went to the locker together to change their gears. As they were silently changing their clothes, a person talking to someone on the phone came in without noticing them. Like they read each other’s minds, the four guys stayed quiet and listened to the whole conversation like little kids. 

 

 

 

“I know, Bro. Kinda tiring actually” the guy. The other person on the line started saying something but it was inaudible. 

 

 

 

“Like, I love her but there’s a part of me that feels so empty.” he heaved a deep sigh. “THEN WHY ARE YOU WASTING YOUR TIME ON HER!!” the shout from the other line was so loud it was like on speaker mode. The four boys who were still attentively listening had their eyes wide open.

 

 

 

“I…I just don’t know when the right timing is. I…I want to break up with her you know. She’s…too much for me.” With his curiosity slowly beating him up, Chanyeol slightly bent forward to see who the guy was—the other three guys also followed him and they almost lost their balance with the sight they were seeing. 

 

 

 

MIDLEETON Hotel

December, present year

 

As their yearly hobby was postponed, Chanyeol and his buddies decided to have a staycation in a hotel owned by the  family of one of his buddies, Kyungsoo. Since they were too busy with work, they didn’t have much time to prepare their yearly ski trip. Chanyeol was busy producing new songs and managing some of the errands his dad gave to him. Kyungsoo was packed with company work being the managing director of huge company. Meanwhile the Kim brothers, Kai and Suho were as usual too lazy to function. And now, they were all sitting in a circle looking at each other. 

 

 

“Yeol, bro. I heard your sister is coming back for christmas?” the guy with a pretty smiled asked chanyeol. They’re currently in the 35th floor of MIDLEETON in Seoul drinking while overlooking the amazing night skyline of  cheongdam-dong. Chanyeol drank the beer in his glass then wiped his mouth.

 

 

“I know. I just heard it from her mum yesterday. I was pretty stunned actually.” chanyeol said looking gloom

 

 

 

“And why were you stunned? It’s not new to you that she goes back yearly.” guy with military hair cut asked as he patted Chanyeol’s shoulders. Chanyeol sat up straight and massaged his forehead. The conversation he heard this day last year was still going round and round his head. 

 

 

 

“She’s bringing home that chum we saw in Switzerland.” he looked pretty annoyed. While his friends waited until the information synced in their heads.

 

 

 

“WHAT!” the three guys said in unison. They sounded like a children's choir but  with a deafening tone. Chanyeol stood up from his seat and started walking in circles. His head in deep thinking mode. 

 

 

 

“Will you tell your little sister? I mean, should we tell her?” The guy with a pretty smiled named Kai asked. 

 

 

 

“But she’s not your real sister, why do you care so bad?” Being his emotionless self, the guy with a soldier hair cut, Kyungsoo said and looked at Chanyeol and the other guys with confusion. He’s right in a way, though. Chanyeol just looked at him and frowned. She’s your sister though, why do you not care. Chanyeol said in his head. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter