Lee Hae Jun

T.W.I.C.E Detective

The Wonderful, Intellectual, Competitive, Eager

Detective

A.K.A

T.W.I.C.E

Detective

He then grabs something from his pocket to show his id card.

“Lee Hae Jun… T.W.I.C.E Detective?”

I look at him in confusion wondering if he is being serious right now but he just stood there with a big grin. I responded with a disgusted face toward him.

“Uhhh what does T.W.I.C.E stands for?”

He puts                his id card back in his pocket and continues to look at me.

“T.W.I.C.E stands for the wonderful, Intellectual, competitive and eager Detective.”

“So are you kind of like a special force or something?”

“Maybe if you actually listened and focused to our conversation back then you wouldn’t ask this question and you wouldn’t be in this mess.”

“Fine!”

Suddenly, the cctv room’s door open.

Both of us got surprised by that and immediately put our back to the wall facing the door. We could see that a security guard is the one that opened the door.

“Why are you guys here? You guys know that this is a restricted area right?”

I don’t know what to say to him. I only keep my mouth shut while Hae Jun….

He grinned and again he takes out his id card and shows it to the security guard. He explained that he’s a detective and he need to view the security camera footage.

The security guard takes his id card from him and inspect for a while.

He looks at us back.

“I’m sorry but I can’t trust this you could easily forged it…. Now go away this is a restricted area.”

“How about this id then?”

A familiar voice can suddenly be heard from the left of us.

It’s the detective that said those word while proudly showing off his badge and id card.

“Ah, yes, please get inside detective..”

“These kids are with me.. is that fine?”

Wait what me? Why me? I don’t want to be part of this.

Who I am kidding…

 I’m already in a part of this…

“Ah yes of course.” The security guard said and opened the door for us.

Being inside the room is really uncomfortable for me because I don’t know what to do in there. Meanwhile, Detective Tae Gun and Hae Jun are already inspecting the footage of the cctv with the help of the security guard.

Both of them seem to know what they are doing. Well, it makes sense since Detective Tae Gun is A detective.

But Hae Jun is a…. what is it again? T.W.I.C.E Detective? I’ve never heard of it before even though my dad is a police officer.

“Dammit, the VIPS’s alibis are right. They were indeed in their room the whole time.” Detective Tae Gun said.

“How about our room? Can you check it?” Hae Jun said to the detective.

“Why? Don’t you know what happening in your own room?” The detective said while looked at him in confusion.

“I need to know something just please show it to me. Please show it when the waiter arrive.”

“Ah yes” The security guard answered back.

 

“There! Stop!”

“The waiter arrived in our room to take our order exactly on 8:30. Can you fast-forward it until the food arrived?”

“Uhhh, okay.”

“Ok stop! The food arrived about almost an hour later 9:28!” He excitedly shouts.

“So, what are you implying here?” The detective asked him.

“What took the waiter so long to deliver the food to us?”

“Wait, are you saying that--”

Hae Jun cut the detective off before he could finishes his sentences.

“Detective, why are we focusing only the VIPs only? It’s not just the VIPs that can enter the VIP section. The waiter could enter it too.”

“Let’s not be too hasty here. Mr.Security guard do you know this waiter?”

“Uh, yes. His name Choi Ji-Ho. He’s quite the troublemaker here actually.”

“What do you mean?”

“Just last month he smothered some food to our customers because they always complaining about the restaurant.”

“Then, why is he still working here? Why he isn’t fired or anything?”

“Even though this restaurant is fancy we’re actually lacking some waiters here.  We couldn’t take the risk to fire him back then. That’s why he still here. It’s hard you know to find a new waiter around this part.”

As I focusing to hear their conversation, I realized the detective and Hae Jun exchanging glances. The detective nodded then Hae Jun nodded back to him.

“Mister Security guard thank you for your cooperation.” The detective said while bowed to him.

The detectives then take out his walkie-talkie and informed all other officers to find a waiter name Choi Ji-Ho.

Then, he walks out of the room. I unconsciously walk outside too following him.

Hae Jun however…He somehow still looking at the footage.

“Yah, Hae Jun-ah, are you coming?” The detective said from outside of the room.

He did not answer and only raised his left hand as a sign for to wait for him. After a while, he finally gets out of the room.

“What’s wrong do you notice anything new?” The detective asked him.

“Yeah.. but.. I can’t explain it. Go find Choi Ji-ho. I’m going to find something.” He said then dashes off quickly toward our opposite.

“YAH! Aish that’s kid always, works alone.”

“buzz Detective Tae Gun, come in. Buzz”

Suddenly, the walkie-talkie is buzzing.

“Ah yes, Detective Tae Gun is speaking.”

“We found Choi Ji-Ho. We are currently at one of the VIP room.”

“Affirmative.”

The detective looks at me.

“Look sana, you’re going to be fine. We’re going to prove you’re innocent.”

“…..sure.”

He then walks away from me maybe toward the VIP room I assume.

When he gone from my view there’s only one thing I could say.

“That was exciting…”

For the first time in a while, my heart was actually pumping so fast as both them connect the dot of this mystery.

I couldn’t contain this excitement any longer and continue to run toward the detective is heading.

*

Detective Kim and I walk toward inside the VIP room and surprise to see a man with a handcuffed to him.

Detective Kim Tae Gun and Choi Ji-Ho can be seen sitting toward each other at a table inside one of the VIP room while I decided to stand at a corner.

“Choi Ji-Ho?”

“Yes, that’s me.”

“Where were you during 8:30 until 9:30?”

“Aren’t you a detective? Why are you asking me that stupid question! I was delivering some food to the customers”

“Don’t lie to me! I’ve already asked the other waiters and they said they couldn’t find you anywhere during that time!”

“hahahh…why are you asking me that kind of question? Isn’t the murderer already caught red handed!”

He said with a loud voice while pointing toward Sana.

“Almost everyone saw that she was holding that knife. Isn’t it obvious that she’s the killer?!”

“She said that she found the knife at the floor and do you really think she could kill a fully grown man?

“And you believe her? Hahah….haha…. What if she was lying? You believe her just because she’s a girl?”

“I asked you a question. Where were you during 8:30 until 9:30?”

“Hahahah.. fine. You caught me. I was using my phone during that time. I was lazy. Okay, I’m sorry that I wasn’t doing my work. But hey at least I’m not a murderer.”

He then stands up from his seat confidently and smiling toward the detective.

“The knife that was used to kill the victim is a kitchen knife. She can’t possibly sneak her way through the kitchen without anyone noticing can’t she?

“What if she could? Huh, detective? You’re assuming that what if she can’t do this and that. But what if she could do it? What if she can take down a fully grown man? What if she can sneak her way through the kitchen and stole the knife?”

He then smirks toward the detective and looks at other officers that surround them and finally toward Sana.

“You guys are wasting your time. Like I said the murderer already caught red handed.”

“Exactly.”

A boy can be seen entering the VIP room looking a bit messy than usual.

“The murderer is caught red handed” he said while taking out plastic evidence containing a pair of gloves that turned red because of blood.

Choi Ji-Ho started to look nervous but still keep his calm cool.

“Hey kid, are you assuming that glove is mine? She could’ve stolen that from the kitchen too.”

Hae Jun starts to smile.

“Actually no, she can’t. I look at the footage again and found out that she went to the toilet at 9:40 and 10 minutes later a lady screams.”

“And that’s mean?”

“Choi Ji-Ho-ssi, do you really think in just 10 minutes she sneaks her way to the kitchen undetected mind you and stole a pair of glove and a knife and then proceed to kill a man in the toilet?”

Ji-Ho can’t say anything and only look at the kid with full of hatred.

“While you, you can’t be seen in any of the footage during 8:30-9:30 and I think that’s enough time to you know. To steal the knife and kill a man.”

Ji-Ho starts to smile.

“Kid, like I said to the detective. I was using my phone!”

“Oh really? Then do you have proof you were using your phone?

Slowly Ji-Ho smile starts to fade away slowly.

“Proof? Hahah… Then do you have any proof that I’m the one that kill that man?”

“Well, we could find the DNA inside of the glove to determine the possession of the glove? It’ll take a few days but it’ll worth the wait.”

 And with that statement Ji-Ho’s smile were completely gone.

“Who are you kid?”

“Me? I’m a T.W.I.C.E detective. Lee Hae Jun.” he said while proudly takes the id card for the second time today.

For a minute, everything is silence. Neither, Hae Jun or Choi Ji-Ho say anything.

“I think that’s enough. Officers, please arrest Choi ji-Ho now.” Detective Kim Tae Gun said to break the silence inside the room.

Two officers proceed to handcuffed Choi Ji-Ho forcefully while he retaliates but it’s useless since he can’t out-powered both of the officers.

“Get off me!! Let go of me!!”

His voice became vaguer as the officers take him further away from the room.

 “Hae Jun-ah, how do you know about the glove?”

“I look at the footage when we were ordering our food during 8:30 he wore a glove but when he delivered the food at 9:28 the glove was gone. I assumed he had thrown it away. So I checked every trash can in the building.”

“Wow, you’re really amazing.”

“(chuckle) What are you saying? It’s you the one that thought me all that. Alright, I’m going home.”

Hae Jun then walks out of the room with a relaxed expression.

Tae Gun looks around the room and found sana who has been looking from afar only amazed at both of these men detective Kim Tae gun and Hae Jun especially toward Hae Jun.

Well, this is because Hae Jun is about her age but he has done so much thing compare to her.

“Sana-yah, you can go home now. You’ve proven innocent” The detective said

“Really?”

“We will find for DNA in the glove the Hae Jun found and we will search for Ji-ho background about his relation with the victim. We are sure to find something. You don’t have to worry about anything. You can go home now.”

The detective smiles then walk out of the VIP room.

*

1 week later

I still can’t sleep peacefully at all. My heart is still remembering the moment inside the VIP room.

It was intense, it was scary but at the same time it excited me. I couldn’t stay still.

Finally, I found it. Something that could make my heart beat faster than ever.

I want to be in that situation again.

But how?

How can I be in the situation again?

..

….

That’s it I want to be a detective.

No… a T.W.I.C.E detec tive!