Lee Hae Jun

T.W.I.C.E Detective

The Wonderful, Intellectual, Competitive, Eager

Detective

A.K.A

T.W.I.C.E

Detective

“She’s a murderer!”

“Murderer!”

“Stay away from her!”

They all pointed at me with their forefingers with a scared expression.

It’s not their fault though.

I would be scared too if I saw someone holding a bloody knife.

All I wanted was something different to happen to my life

Be careful of what you wished for.

It all started 2 hours ago.

(2 hours ago)

“Sweet heart, are you ready yet?” my father scream at the top of his lung from the bottom floor. Wondering what took me so long to prepare myself for the dinner.

Well honestly, I was preparing myself as fast as I can for the dinner but as soon I found out that it will be more like “business” dinner.

My father is a head police officer in the district and tonight he’ll have a dinner with the head chief or something… I don’t know.

So I gave up with preparing myself to the dinner and just wear some sweater.

My father was pretty disappointed when he saw me walking down the stairs and only wears a sweater.

“Could you not behaving like this?” He said

I admit it.

It was pretty childish of me to behave like this. But I couldn’t resist it.

For the whole day I thought we finally have a family time together. But no, he had to lie to me.

Because of the time my father couldn’t risk to ask me change my clothes so… yeah.

While my whole family wearing the appropriate dress for the dinner there it is me wearing only a sweater. My mom even wears a beautiful jewelry.

 

*

I’m standing in awe while my eyes were looking at the restaurant as I standing in front of it. As much as I know that my father is not able to afford this kind of place so it must be the

“Wow, it’s so big and fancy.” I mumbled with my mouth.

“Could you move it? I’m late because of you.” My father said.

“Exactly, YOU are the one that late not me.” I responded.

“Please… what do you want from me?” He pleaded with his eyes straight onto mine while holding both of my shoulders.

I just look at him for a moment.

“I-i-I I’m sorry.” I said

Of course there are actually a lot of things that I want from him it just… it won’t make a difference even if I told him.

“Should we get inside?” My mom said to break the silence.

“Yeah, sure.” My dad responded while his eyes are still fixed to mine.

*

Once we were inside, a waiter informed us that our table is inside the VIP section which I thought was pretty neat.

The vip section turns out like inside a room where we could have our own private conversation.

They’re even a cctv installed in every vip’s room.

The waiter brought us to the vip room which is not that far through the main door of the restaurant.

When we get inside the room, the guest was already waiting for us. Both my father and the guest bowed at each other.

However, I noticed there is a kid about my age putting his head at the table. I just assumed he fell asleep while waiting for us.

*

IT’S SO BORING......

All both of them are talk, talk, talk and more talk. I don’t even know what they are talking about!

And don’t let me start on the food.

Somehow, the waiter was so late delivered his food! It took him almost an hour and when it did arrive we got this kind of micro food which doesn’t fill my stomach at all!

After a while I started to get sleepy and I accidentally hit my head to the table.

The “thud” sound it makes make the boy who was asleep the whole time finally wakes up. After that, he is just looking around him with his eyes half-open.

“Sweetheart, how about you refresh yourself up by going to the w/c?” My mom said.

I nodded and excuse myself to the w/c.

“So, how this T.W.I.C.E program works again Jin Young-ssi? I don’t quite get it.” The guy asked…

“Well, you see. Statistically speaking, the number of detective produced every year has been decreasing rapidly. We hope with this program we could make not just even more detective but younger, smarter and overall better.” Jin Young-ssi responded.

“So, who is this boy beside you then Jin Young-ssi?”

“He is Lee Ha Jun. He is the best student we have right now and to prove the ‘legitness’ of this program I brought him today”

“Your daughter…” Suddenly Hae Jun interrupt.

“Yes? What about my daughter?”

“I would say that your daughter is purposely taking her time on w/c just so that she skips this conversation.”

“Why?”

“She wears a sweater to go to a top rated restaurant. I would say your family is financially good because your wife is wearing a lot of jewelries and wears a nice dress overall, and your son also wear an appropriate clothes.”

“But your daughter didn’t. That means she just doesn’t care about this dinner. Not only that, your daughter also fell asleep while waiting for the food because just like me. I’m not interested with your conversations.”

All of them only look at Hae Jun and listening to him.

“Well, how about you message your daughter and asked if it true or not? Mr. Minatozaki…”

  1. Minatozaki then grabs his phone and messages his daughter.

*

I got out of the VIP room and let out a sigh.

“Finally, I got out of that stupid room”

I look out to the left and to the right looking for the w/c. As I look to the left I able to see a sign which written on it ‘W/c’.

I walk slowly to the w/c, taking my time so that I hope their conversation would be over when I got back to the room.

*

I was watching down the sink as I open the pipe so that the water could go fast as possible.

I then look in front of me.

There’s a mirror.

I look straight to the mirror. Look exactly at my own eyes.

“Life is so boring”

“I hope something happened to my life so that it could be interesting”

“So that my heart could beat faster as how interesting life could be”

“bzzz”

I suddenly felt a buzz inside my pocket. It was my phone. I took out the phone and I could see a message from my dad.

“Where are you? What took you so long?”

“Sigh”

I washed my face and then closed the pipe.

I took a step forward closer to the door…

But just then. I step onto something.

I look below and I could see that I step onto a knife.

I unconsciously picked it up and hold onto it.

The longer I hold onto it, the more I realized that the knife was smothered with blood.

“Creeek” The sound of a w/c door open I panicked and quickly hide the knife behind my back.

The lady who just got inside looks at me with a weird expression.

She walks in front of me and open one of the w/c’s door.

Body…

We saw a dead body to be precise.

Bloody dead body..

I was so shocked that I dropped the knife that I was hiding.

The lady then look at the knife then at me..

Then look at body…

And what assumptions can you make when you see someone was holding a knife and a dead body?

Well…. You’ll get called as a murderer…..