Chapter Two: Gandhi and Burger

The AKZ B*tches

These girls take forever showering, and they’re also loud. When I finally got the chance to have a five minute shower and went to have breakfast, I was greeted with…wait for it… veggies and fruits. What’s with that?

 

 

“Hey, what’s for breakfast?” I asked the girl beside me. Her name is Tiffany… something, that is all I can remember from the pamphlet.

 

 

“This is breakfast.” Tiffany opened her arms. 

 

 

“Seriously, you guys eat leaves?” No wonder they're all skinny.

 

 

“We’re vegetarians.” One of them said. She looks familiar but I can’t remember her name. I’m really bad with faces and names.

 

 

“And it’s girls, not ‘guys’.” A girl eating her ‘breakfast’ on the table demanded, Taeyeon Kim as I recall.

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“Being an alpha, you should also be one.” Luna added.

 

“Be what?”

 

 

“A vegetarian. It not only maintains our posture, it also cleanses our bodies.” Seohyun, the girl with glasses, explained. Yeah. I remember her from the first day.

 

“I can’t go Gandhi. I’m a carnivore!” No breakfast for me then.

 

“Well, if you’re going to stay in this house, you should know the rules.” - Tiffany

 

“But you are not the boss of me. You can’t tell me to be a humanitarian if I don’t want to.” Seriously? They're ganging up on me.

 

“It’s vegetarian.” Seohyun corrected.

 

“What is?”

 

 

“Be a vegetarian not humanitarian.” Seohyun continued, looking pissed.

 

“That’s what I said.”

 

 

“No. You said humanitarian, it means a person devoting in social service. While a veg-“

 

“Shhh…” I shushed her. “The important thing is that they’re both Ghandi. Okay?”

 

 

“*sigh* Whatever.” In the end, they gave up on me.

 

 

“See ya later, girls...” I walked out and went to my class.

 

*****************

 

Mr. Stolz, our sociology teacher, set us an activity to be done in pair. I was sending a signal to Sulli because I don’t know anyone else in the class besides her. I mean, I really don’t know her, but she is the closest thing to knowing someone. But to no avail, she pretended like she didn’t saw me at all, even when she was sitting just two chairs ahead. She practically deserted me. I hate her.

 

 

I finished the activity, well, my partner did. I didn’t remember how I got a partner, I am just so happy I did. She wasn’t happy. I can't focus with nothing on my stomach and all I managed to do was to drool on the paper.

 

 

After hours of pure torture, my body got no more energy that I am literally crawling out of the building. I stopped dragging myself when I hit my head on something, or more like someone. I looked up and feel like I’ve seen an angel sent from above, here to lift my spirits when I’m down and in this case to fill my empty stomach.

 

 

“What’s wrong with you?” She asked in a sharp voice. Oh-kay. Definitely not an angel. Hmph.

 

“Oh. Nothing. I just never had a chance to eat lunch and the breakfast before that and the dinner before that and the lunch before that and also, the breakfast before all that.”

 

“You know, our body is a temple. It is sacred, so we have to take care of it. And next time when you’re doing an activity in pair, it means you should help out too. And no, drooling doesn’t count as helping.”

 

 

“Can you shut it? I can’t listen to your preach right now, it’s exhausting, I’m dying of hunger and I don’t know you.”

 

 

“Tsk. You’re a hopeless case. Here.” A food landed near my face and from the smell of it…

 

“Hmm… double-decker rib burger with extra cheese. Heaven!” I grabbed the burger and tried to look up to her but the sunlight was too much that I have to blink my eyes a few times to adjust but when I opened them, she was already gone. 

 

 

“Where is she? Oh my-“ I bit the burger in shock.

 

"Don’t tell me she is… an angel? My angel. Haha. Cool!”

 

I am dreamily walking my way to the sorority house, still can’t shake this feeling of adornment for that lady earlier and her tasty burger. Wait. Lady and her tasty burger? That doesn’t sound right. Lady and her… kind heart. Yeah, I’ll just go with that.

 

I saw one of the alpha girls having a chat with her friends. For a second there, I realize, I should take an effort to get to know them. Maybe if I do just that, and they like me, they will leave me be and maybe finally, they will serve some real food at the house. Heh. It’s a win-win for me.

 

 

“Hey, Suzy!” I waved my hand approaching her. She seemed pretty taken aback that I called her in front of her friends, they are not Alpha, because I checked the pamphlet like five times to make sure.

 

“Hey.” She raised her palm, acknowledging me. “I don’t believe we’ve been introduced to each other, and yet, you know my name.” She added.

 

“Who would not know you? You are like... the most popular girl here.” Friendly mode ON.

 

“I’m sorry. Do you need something? Because when someone flatters you that much, it means they need something from you.” - Suzy

 

“Huh? No. It was nothing like that." What do I say to her? Maybe I should've had a more detailed plan before coming over. 

 

“Haha. Right. Do you want more food? Because I can’t help you.” She laughed. Food? Is she that lady earlier?

 

“W-what... How-" I stuttered like a weirdo.

 

 

“You’ve got ketchup on your face.” She pointed. Her friends giggled.

 

 

 

“Huh? Oh.” I wiped my face with the helm of my sleeves.

 

 

 

“I thought-"

 

 

 

“What did you think?" - Suzy

 

 

 

“Nothing." I thought you're my angel. "Hmm. So what are you talking about?”

 

 

The conversation? Doesn't hurt as I expected. Suzy is cool. She seems pretty normal, if you just ignore the fact that she's super kind, smart and very pretty. Oh. The perfect girl. I wonder where my Angel is now, maybe if she's here, we'll have a great chat too and we'll know each other better. 

 

We were having so much time I didn't realize it's almost time for dinner. We bid our goodbyes. I headed to the house, while Suzy will have to stay late at her friend's dorm to finish a project.