Chapter 3: Batman In The House

The AKZ B*tches

 

 

“Hi, guys!” I greeted as I entered the living room. Where is everyone? I am alone, or so I thought, when Taeyeon walked in.


“Girls.”  She corrected me and went straight to the bathroom.


I clenched my teeth and complied, “Girls...”
“Wait. Where is everyone?” I asked her.


“They're in the closet.” Huh. Closet? What are we first graders?
 
My mouth dropped to the ground as I saw the ‘closet’. These girls need some serious redo to their choice of names for things. I do not think ‘closet’ fits this huge room that reeks of perfume and hair spray.
It was like a slow motion when I entered the room. I see the Alphas curling their hair, applying make-up, putting lipstick on and all the other girly stuff. It was so weird because all those things seem normal, yes, but it's different with them, and I can't deny that each and every one of them is gorgeous.


“Amber.” Victoria noticed me and motioned for me to come join them. So I did. I was still staring at them, though. I know that when I decided to stay in this house that I entered another world, the girls world, yet, it’s still strange to see it up close.


“Why does all of this matter to them?” I suddenly think out loud.


“What do you mean?”  A sharp voice answered.


“What the-“ I jumped as I heard the voice, almost slipping off the chair.


I looked at her arranging her hair on the mirror. Wow. She is beautiful. I am staring at her like a maniac now. I know she can see how I drool for her, because she would look at me through my reflection from time to time. But, man. I can’t stop myself. With her long black hair, and her icy eyes, and that aura that says "I’m too good for you", she's just my style. 


“I-I’m sorry.” I choked, very much nervous to talk to her. While she just smirked and continue to look at her reflection.


“So, Amber, how is everyone so far?” I turned when I heard my name called. It was Victoria.


I was shocked because everyone stopped and looked at my direction. I don’t know if they are just curious to what I am going to say, or to the praises I am supposed to make.


Right! The pamphlet! Thank god, I read it.


“Uhm… great. I learned so much about eveyone.”


“Really?”


“Yeah.” I tried to recite what were written in the pamphlet. “Tiffany is loving to her boyfriend.” Then everyone went awe.


“Yeah, she doesn’t even know her boyfriend’s cheating on her. Hahaha.” Some of the girls laughed.


“What?” Tiffany crunched her nose and mouthed.


“And Hyuna is not really a unlike what the guys says.” This time with the exemption of those two, everybody laughed , so I gained some confidence and continued.


“Hahahaha. Really?” Victoria curiously asked. The others are trying to hold their laugh but they are not really good at hiding things.


“Seohyun takes study seriously, she can’t find herself a boyfriend.” Everybody is in a ruckus, laughing their heart out.


“Taeyeon is cute. I wish I could carry her with me at all times.”


“Luna is very bright that no guys can look at her.”
And the list goes on. I was babbling continuously and laughing so hard I didn’t notice the temperature drop in the room.


“You, Victoria, you’re so good in speaking English. I almost forgot you’re Chinese. Hahaha. Me so solly. Me so solly. Hahaha.” I keep repeating that line from the movie ‘The Interview’ in a robot voice.


“And I was just having a pleasant conversation here with um-“ Wait. What’s her name again? I know her last name is Jung but, what is her first name… Oh I remember.

“With Jessica Jung.” I added. This time, the only one laughing is me. They are… Dead. Quiet.

 

“Haha-ha-haaa…” My laugh faltered and felt a shiver run my spine. The murderous smell in the air didn’t help either. I looked at them and their raging eyes. I tried to reach for the door. Slowly. But someone beat me to it.


“Eeekk…” The door creaked like those in horror movies. The girls started advancing while I was trying to back away, until a pair of hands caught me.
“*Gulp* Let’s not lose our heads, shall we?” I tried to reason.


“Don’t worry, the only one who’s going to lose a head tonight, is you!” Victoria answered.


“Guys…” I pleaded.


“Girls.” Taeyeon corrected me. Again. Almost like a signal, they started lounging at me. ”Waaaaaaah….” Hitting and biting. Hitting and biting. They are tearing me to pieces, in the middle of it all, I lost consciousness.
 
 
“Nice.” I looked up and saw Suzy standing upside down, only to realize that everything but me is upside down, which can only mean two things, it's either I became spiderman or the girls hung me to the ceiling upside down. Yeahh... it's the second one.


“Hmm-… Hmm.. Hmm!” I tried to speak but my mouth was covered in duct tape, my whole body is. These girls, how did they lift me up and covered my whole body in tape?


“Heh. I thought batman lives in a cave, not in a big sparkly room.” She giggled.


“Hmm.” I smile despite the tape covering my mouth.
Suzy helped me down on the sofa and is now letting loose of all the tapes.


*Rip*


“Oow!” I howled at her.


“Sorry. I don’t know how to do this.” Suzy apologized.


“Don’t you guys… girls wax or *Rip* oww… something?” I asked her.


“Yeah, but trust me, this right here, is on a different level. What did you do anyway, that they turned you into a living mummy?”


*Rip*


“Ohowow.” I screamed. “I don’t know. One second we were laughing, the next second they’re hanging me into the ceiling using their fancy belts and sticking sequins on me. It was a quality craftsmanship, by the way.” I whine like a five year old.


“What sequins?” I turned and she saw the explicit design of multicolored sequins that spells A.

 “Ouch?” She asked.


“Yes. A big ouch.”


“Come on, that’s not all there is to it, is it?”


“Well… I tried to impress them that I know things about them. So I recited those things written in the pamphlet-”


“Pamphlet? You mean Sulli’s pamphlet?”


“Yeah. You know about it?”


“Sort of. Sulli has got a thing for pranks. Last week she showed me this pamphlet, saying she’ll give it to her new roomie.”


“That giant.” I gritted my teeth in anger.


“Hey, it’s not that bad.”


“Really? Which part? Can you please shed some light here?”

 

“I mean, she’s just excited to have a roommate. It’s been a year since she got one. She even made me listen to her pirate voice.”


“It was terrible.”


“Yes." She agreed automatically. "But, you've gotta admit, it's adorable. Plus, she took effort in it. So, can you just forget about it?”


“I don’t know.”


*Rip*


“Oww!”


“That’s the last of it.” Suzy said happily.


 “Yeah? Thanks.” As soon as I stand up, she looked away. “Hey, what’s wrong?” She took a glimpse then covered her face with her hands.

 

“Huh? Uhm…” She finally turned my way, looking between her hands. "Amber... you’ve got no clothes on.” She continued, looking between her hands.

 


“What?" 0_o

 
 
 
 
“Aaaaaaaaah!"