Seizing The Fight

Hadrian

 

Order POV

The order of the phoenix were all seated in the large dining room of the Potter residence. All were 17 and above and all were chatting like hormonal teenagers.

"Quiet." A loud confident voice of an elderly wizard, Albus Dumbledore shouted.

"Thank you," he said once the room went silent, all attention turned to him.

"Sightings of the 'Mortem Brothers' this morning has been reported." The noise increased in the room of the mention of the Mortem Brothers.

Whilst they killed bad guys, they were constantly popping up for illegal activity, many aurors wanted them in Azkaban not to mention the fact they were suspected to be running the largest secretive smuggling operation in all of Europe which had black market connections into Asia and the United States.

"As you know there are many warrants out for the arrests of both criminals. However information has surfaced that they are younger than we anticipated, which calls a slight problem." Dumbledore finished.

"How, young?" Arthur Weasley asked, a man with red hair and a kind face. The rest of the order waited for a response to the question.

Dumbledore sighed. "Above the age of 15 but below age 19, that was the only confirmation we got to due to an age charm placed in a doorway it could not be specific due to the risk of the brothers becoming aware of the charm," Dumbledore, said quietly though firmly. Gasps and shrieks issued around the room.

"They are so young!" "Impossible no one that age could fend off Aurors." "A similar age to my children."

"Dumbledore, surely they would not be aware of the charm as they are not magically confident." Auror Davidson asked Dumbledore, the room quietened once more.

This had to be fixed, thought Dumbledore.

"Everyone, do not under any circumstances think the "Mortem Brothers" are not magically gifted, they choose to use muggle methods, agreed. Do not underestimate it, we know nothing about it, therefore we are at a disadvantage. With respect to magical skill, they are brilliant, they cleanup their magical imprint so well we can hardly trace their presence being there. You are unaware of this but the only evidence we have apart from eye witnesses is essences of dark magic found at the scenes that we can certainly say were used against the victims, and as we are of course certain the victims did not do this to themselves, therefore they play within the Dark Arts." Dumbledore ended intensely.

Complete silence, no one took that approach to the situation, they were in big trouble.

A sudden burst of light lit the room, Dumbledore frowned, then stood quickly and began ordering. "I wish, Kingsley, Remus, Sirius, Tonks, Madeye, Charlie and Bill report to Knockturn Alley, where a witness has reported seeing the brothers there, find and capture the brothers as we have now just received permission from Fudge to do so, as Order of the Phoenix." Surprised murmurs sounded across the room.

They all ran outside of the wards surrounding the property to apparate.

 

Hadrian POV

I stayed where I was and allowed Greyback to run at me. Letting the cool blade slide down my wrist into my hand, allowed my heart to stay at an even beat.

Feeling the blade weight in my grip I rocked back onto my heels before letting the sharpened steel fly. As Fenrir's attention was on me for the entire time, Nev was able to slip around him to the side. I watched with satisfaction as my blade hit my target in the throat, missing the artery as I knew it would.

This allowed him to not quite die yet, but writhe in agony while I baited him about my victory. I am ruthless to my type of prey. I knelt next to him, while he was on his back struggling I pulled out the blade which made him choke in discomfort.

"O dear that was rather quick wasn't it?" I said it in a sad voice and I was sad it was much too fast for my liking. Nev knew also what I was like when hunting so backed off allowing me to do my thing. Then suddenly, two cloaked figures apparated in the alleyway.

Death eaters.

I laughed, thank , I needed this. Pulling my wand out of the back of my jeans, I readied for attack. Two spells were sent my way which I dodged with ease, not ready to bring up my shield. I through a cutting curse just for the hell of it. It hit one of the idiots, and he tried to stand without collapsing in pain.

More pops of wizards apperating could be heard, though from a glance I knew they were Order members in dark red cloaks. They stood to the side not yet getting in the way. It seemed Fudge had let Dumbledore's little army capture us, how amusing.

One death eater ran at me, I stayed where I was until the last second when I moved to the side and lifted the blade to his neck in a slashing motion this time purposely cutting through the carotid artery. He fell. Gasps from the order, echoed across the hard surfaces of the alley. I laughed loudly.

I still had my sunglasses on throughout all of this, they say you can tell everything about a person through their eyes, they couldn't see mine. I was anonymous. Nev stepped out of the shadows and through a killing curse at the other idiot. He fell. He laughed. Turning toward the Order, I counted there numbers. We were outnumbered by more than triple. . They began to surround us, slowly closing in.

Knife still in hand I stabbed out to the outer circle, hitting one in the leg, causing him to yell out in pain, apparently my actions seemed to initiate their attack. I didn't kill anyone even though it would be easy to do so, I just momentarily subdued them, I'm not sure why, I've never had a problem before perhaps it was because they were the 'Light Side.' Nev and I, were doing well, there were only half their numbers now remaining, I was dodging and firing curses, then I had a thought. These were Order members not Ministry Aurors, though some of them perhaps were, however right now they were fighting for the Order of the Phoenix not Fudge.

My mind was made up, I cast a glance at Nev, sending him the signal.

Simultaneously we both dropped to our knees, shoulder to shoulder, hands behind our heads and surrendered.

 

Order POV

As the Order apparated into the alleyway, they saw a fight in progress. Well, not really a fight that would suggest some effort from both sides. Two death eaters stood cursing a tall muscular boy, who was still a stone except when dodging the curses thrown at him with a grace too beautiful for his height.

The boy radiated power even without seeing his eyes which were covered by black sunglasses, making him look both mysterious and guarded, his clothing supported this theory by the fact he dressed in a cross between a muggle and a wizard, but it was all very dark as if he dressed for a fight, the assumption again reinforced by the belt of weapons around his waist.

Suddenly one death eater charged at the boy in rage, shockingly though the boy just stood and waited until last second before stepping out of the way, raising his arm slicing the man throat with the silver blade gripped in his hand.

The act was so cold, so violent, that it made everyone from the Order withhold a breath and a heartbeat, not to mention the laugh that followed, it was so cold and so dark. Before being able to comprehend the first murder, another boy stepped out from the shadows and shot on killing curse at the second death eater.

Another laugh.

So different from the first murder but just as brutal, the first boy felt his victims fear through his hand-to-hand physical violence while the second enjoyed killing them quickly and quietly ridding the world of their injurious presence. Of course the Order hated death eaters but they didn't enjoy killing anyone, they were the light, but the brothers did, in fact they relished in it, lived for it. Dumbledore was right the brothers were gifted at magic, much more advanced then others their age, they would have beaten any Auror.

Of course it wasn't a surprise that they were together, the brothers rarely left each others side, however only watching them together could the Order finally understand what the "Mortem Brothers" could truly destroy or save.

Kingsley began to worry when the fight ensued, their numbers began to diminish by the Brothers extreme magical skill, he even had a feeling they were holding back, however it was truly interesting how the Brothers only incapacitated the group instead of killing them, for who the Ministry considered the most violent and intelligent criminals of the past year it was of course a surprise to see them have mercy.

However he couldn't help but think they were scheming something especially when they landed on their knees, with their hands behind their heads and surrendered.

 

Hadrian POV

Our wands were snatched out of our hands and we were quickly pushed face first into the ground. Barking orders, like, "Stay down, hands behind your backs, move and be harmed." the Phoenix members yanked us up harshly.

"ing hell," I grumbled, spitting out dust from my mouth. The handcuffs on my wrists, which were pinching my skin, twisted painfully.

"Watch your mouth," The dickhead growled. Before I could answer I felt a tug at my navel.

 

Sirius POV

They were lethal. Both creating a game for themselves, one moved the other complimented the move with another, making their game eloquent. That was the only way I could describe what I saw. The more muscular boy seem to be in charge while in combat, it was him who decided how it went. The other seemed willing to let him run things, acknowledging that he enjoyed the kill.

Merlin.

My thoughts came to a standstill when is sharp pain shot up my thigh.

The kid stab me in the ing leg, he only seem to do it to piss me off, the dickhead. As soon as the Brothers surrendered, I apparated back to Grimuald Place the Headquarters of The Order of the Phoenix to notify the rest of the order there that the group was returning here with the brothers.

Dumbledore did not look pleased after hearing that they surrendered especially knowing that they could have easily beaten us.

"Owww," I winced. Madam Pomfrey gave me a look of irritation.

"Oh stop it Black, you were always such a wimp," she glared but there was amusement there in her motherly face.

"Was not," I muttered childishly, but then I always had been a child.