The Beginning

Hadrian

Disclaimer: The basis of the characters and storyline are from JK Rowling's 'Harry Potter'. However, this is my version with additional characters and a different story. Enjoy.

. I moved a little too much and landed with the the crunch on the wooden floor of my messy apartment. Grunting I tried to move, but soon collapsed on the floor once more, memories of the night before hit me, god why did I drink so much. It had been awhile since drinking in muggle London and I forgot how out of control nights with the street boys were.

My thoughts stopped when the door opened and Nev stood there with a grin full of smugness and amusement rolled into one.

He told me I would be hung over in the morning, I denied it.

Nev and I ran into each other on the streets of London, in Diagon Alley, aged 7, however we met long before that, when I lived with my parents, the Potters. My childhood began normally, until at the age of one when there was an attack at our family home, an attempt on my brother's and my life, due to a prophecy which I later learnt.

It was the Dark Lord; Voldemort.

My brother was hailed a hero that night and I was ignored and neglected. It was only four years later when my father and mother decided that they would dump me on the doorstep of my aunt and uncles house or otherwise known as the Dursley's. They thought that my brother needed more attention as he was the nations saviour.

When I was with the Potters, I was brought up with Nev, as are families were friends, his family were the Longbottom's. Nev's story was like mine, an attack on his family home however his parents died that night leaving him in the hands of his grandparents.

While the Dursley's made me cook, clean, lock me in a cupboard at night and in Dudley's case to Harry hunting; Nev's gran would constantly degrade him, compare him to his father, allow her husband to try throwing him out of the window or off a pier to prove he had magical abilities. It was at the age of seven, when Nev had finally had enough and ran away while shopping with her at Diagon Alley.

I had luckily found the pub that was used as an entrance to the alley out of pure luck when I ran from the Dursley's, it was not long after that Nev and I found each other each and since have been like brothers. A couple of years after we met a man named Zin, who gave us a place to stay, food to eat and taught us various things in an effort to survive. We learnt up to 6th and 7th year magic by the age of 11 and learnt all types of muggle defence as well as the art of occulmency: 'The Art of Protecting the Mind' as Zin liked to put it.

Zin was a strange man, he held extreme power and had an aura of pure brilliance. He was tall, imposing with short dark hair and a little stubble, grey eyes and a strong muscular build. He was very handsome proven by the various invitations from women, which was something we took the piss out of constantly. Even though he took us in, we were never babied, just given some sense of value, by the age of 12 we were doing all types of jobs for shopkeepers of Knockturn Alley.

Most illegal, but we were expertly trained. Is was truly incredible, he was our life source when we were younger but we learnt not to cross him, many times we had made him angry.

When we were younger he controlled is anger, though when we became teenagers and started to around he gave us a punch or two, not neglect no we were just too strong and stubborn to be babied. Zin was the only one apart from Nev who handled my bull especially when I had an episode. It was Zin who told me of the prophecy and the truth of it, I was the one which the curse rebounded off. He also told me that there would be a time to let the world now but not yet.

At 15 we moved out to a grubby apartment in Knockturn and created our smuggling operation based there. Even though Zin moved to America we still visited often, helping him with jobs know and then. We also found that we enjoyed the sport of killing the things that killed for fun, like death eaters, werewolves and vampires, who all creeped upon people walking down the alley, we became instantly known as the 'Mortem Brothers', known by both the light and dark side.

We didn't hate all dead eaters, some were our spies.

Many of our friends were werewolves and vampire who we liked and trusted immensely.

...

"Hades," Nev smirked.

"Shut the up," I huffed, giving him a fake evil eye.

He chuckled, his chest vibrating a little, while leaning against the door frame. He was tall around 6ft '2 and had a strong build with muscles covering his body, brown hair and brown eyes, all in all he had a pretty face which I constantly reminded him. I loved him like a brother and he was always there for me even when I was bastard.

"Get up, I heard from Kit that there were death eaters hanging around trying to have some fun," he said while a frown covered his features. He always was caring and kind, but when someone pissed him off you had better get out of his way, he was like that now, we both were.

We had seen too much for this lifetime.

"Alright alright," I got up and stretched, flexing my toned stomach, I was tall too just over 6 foot, even limbs, covered like Nev with muscle, mine more so. My black hair, sat scruffily on the top my head like always, and I had killing curse green eyes with defined jaw and cheekbones, the pairing some would say made me look severe. I know by the way women and men look at me or have looked at me throughout my life that I'm attractive and I use it.

I guess I could say I'm a con man, a smile works just as well as a disguise.

As I was only wearing boxers I quickly stripped and got into the shower, changing then into my usual black attire; skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, black boots which I tucked my favourite dagger into and a black leather jacket. I had a brown belt around my hips that held many weapons; a range of knifes all attached with leather straps, a gun, a beretta pistol 96, a very helpful weapon as wizards are arrogant sons of es who don't expect muggle creations to have any affect on their superiority.

Shaking my head I cleared away all my thoughts, then shooting down a piece of day old pizza with orange juice, I walked out of the apartment to an awaiting Nev.

"You look like ," Nev said while grinning. I knew I looked a little rough, I pulled out black sunglasses to shade my eyes from the bright sun.

" off," I said, which was what I say to any insult thrown my way, I sighed from the ability to see without squinting from the harsh sunlight, which seemed to be almost mocking my current hungover state. "Come on let's go, where were they last."

"Just around the corner near, the freaking lady and her bats." Nev gave a little shudder.

"Hey that's Ethyl, a lovely woman, and there not bats they're black pigeons."

"Of course you would like her, did she say you had beautiful eyes," he said in serious mocking, fluttering his eyelashes. I swung at him because he was right, she did say that and he ducked, while bending down to give me a tackle.

"Oooooooffffff."

Our play fighting was cut off by an abrupt scream, looking at each other we started to run to where the scream was located. Fenrir Greyback, the biggest if I ever saw one, with the exception of me some would say, was holding a boy by the scruff of his neck, feet dangling and tears in his eyes.

sake.

I growled, making Greyback look in our direction. He smiled a really, 'I'll enjoy ripping you to shreds smile', ing creepy if you weren't used to it.

"Ahh, the Mortem Brothers," He grinned, while dropping the boy, who fell on the floor in a heap. Stalking forwards, like the predator he was, he growled, "Here to kill me?"

"Nev what do you say? Kill the dickhead?" I ask my brother while grinning a haunting grin.

"Sure your up for it brother? You are hungover after all!" He asked knowing full well my answer was hell ing yeah. I liked a fight, the adrenaline.

We bumped sideways fists, like the ing psycho's we were.