Chained Contempt

Hadrian

"So is anyone willing to tell us what's happening? We have to go ing Hogwarts, so why this little interrogation?" He spoke irritated, whilst looking at Dumbledore questionably, who raised a brow at Nev's language.

"Yes, you are however we are taking you to the Potters were they will find out who are and that you'll be going to Hogwarts, it will save introductions at school." Dumbledore said sighing, underneath the Headmasters role, it seemed he cared for our well-being.

My face tightened, ing hell. Everyone looked panicky, Tracy had told me once how ice cold and terrifying I looked when felt this way, but going to see the Potters made memories of my childhood abandonment start to arise, even at the age 17 I could remember the memories of being alone.

Dumbledore uncuffed me and Nev from the chairs before sending out a message to the Order to meet at the Potters ASAP and one of the order members in the room to notify the Potters that they would be bringing the so-called "Mortem Brothers" to their home. However, they were told not to mention anything about our identities.

"Let's go boys," said a man, with a short ginger pony tail and a silver earring stud in his left ear, he seemed a lot more easy going than the rest of them especially considering he was a Weasley.

We were handcuffed once more, with our hands behind our backs, an Order a member either side of us. I felt a tug at my naval, then we were slowly whisked away.

We landed hard on the ground, looking over at Nev I noticed he aced the landing just as much as I did; the members of the Order were another story, unbalanced and clumsy were words that came to mind.

I noticed we were just off the property, having to walk toward the wards, making the mansion invisible and secure, Dumbledore muttered something before letting us walk on, the wards were down and Dumbledore was the key. Through a back door, and through a corridor which seemed very familiar, we came to a standstill outside a large wooden door which screamed arrogance.

"Everybody inside, you stay here, I will return for you as soon as everyone is seated." Dumbledore said looking at us, then turning to watch them file in, once they were through he walked toward us lifting his hand and waving at something behind us, I became rigid as I turned to see two ministry guards come out of the shadows, but they only stood at the doorway a couple of metres from us, the message was clear, we weren't going anywhere.

Finally he turned and entered the room; closing the door softly behind him but not before looking at us intently.

"Nev?" I said

"Yeah?"

"What a ing mess." I stated, quietly even though I knew the guards couldn't hear.

"Damn right. Hadrian they can find out, we'll be in Azkaban before we can even say Voldemort." Nev whispered harshly. He was right if they found the tattoo of the snake on forearms hidden by the glamour we would be dead. We weren't death eaters no, we just ran into a very pissed off Voldemort who thought it would be funny give us his mark. We did kill a lot of his guys and ed him over big time.

The tattoo did not act like the real mark that would require a submission on our part which we did not give, however it still swirls as if alive and cuts like knives from his implanted magical presence.

Just the idea of having his unremovable mark on our arms was enough for us to be condemned if found. But just because we weren't necessarily with Voldemort didn't mean we were the good guys, we weren't. We were deadly.

"Stop talking." The guard on the right of the door spoke harshly, looking at us with unconfined disgust. Interesting. I sneered at him, walking toward him, what a ing idiot.

"What did you just say?" I was close now, right in his face, the wanker looked even uglier up close, bald, fat layering the muscle from his youth. His eyes were narrowed and intense on my face as I observed him, his friend who was to my left stepped forward as if to warn me, Nev mirrored his action.

"Murderers like you should be put down," Baldy snarled, face tightening with pure contempt, directed right in our direction. Murderer huh, the prick. I looked in his eyes as I pressed my fingers in my skin on my stomach trying to not flinch from the pain as the blade I had hidden there came to the surface, the magic that put it there was dark and extremely dangerous, but it was necessary for wanted criminals like ourselves; always have a back up plan.

Wrapping my fingers around the blade, led to a rush of adrenaline only a junkie could appreciate, it tasted delicious and was just as sweet as heroin. Finally masking the hilt of the blade in my hand, I ed it down into the leg of the bald guard who jerked and screamed in response, what followed was just as I expected.

The dining room door flew open, I watched as Dumbledore rushed out toward us, face distorted with anger and panic, the guard whom I had injured was on the ground hugging his leg desperately looking for relief. The other guard was on me, punching my body; my stomach, my arms, my back, he only managed one punch to my face which split my lip once more, it wasn't like I could fight back with my cuffed wrists.

I heard loud noises of commotion.

The weight of the guard disappeared as I was hauled to my feet, only to be gripped by two sets of arms. Bill and Charlie Weasley. Nev out of the corner of my eye was held by the other guard, whom seemed to have finished his tantrum.

Dumbledore was in my face, looking for what, I had no clue, perhaps my humanity or a shred of mercy, I replied with my blank and emotionless face, the one I knew best. It had to be done, the plan was in motion and every detail mattered.

The room in which the Order seemed to occupy was rowdy and obviously curious at what had just occurred. Remus was at our feet, with the injured guard, glancing up he gave me a look of disappointment and confusion, it made something in my chest ache.

"Why? Why do it," Dumbledore spoke furiously, his face was full of confusion and he really did look like he wanted to punch me. I took my time thinking of an answer, but apparently too long as I was gripped harder and jerked by the two Weasley's that restrained me, as if to shake my response from me.

"I felt like it," I responded gruffly, someone whom I hadn't noticed was in the corridor stood forward and swung his fist into the side of my head. Madeye. The sneaky bastard, It hurt like a but It didn't knock me out, they would have to try harder than that. I could still feel the blood run down my face from my mouth and now from my head.

"Bring them in," Dumbledore spoke, his demeanour was rigid and furious, his words were cold and commanding. Remus along with the other guard picked up the injured prick from the floor, taking him through the door in front of us first putting him on the large table in the grand room.

I looked around to see many members far more than there were at Sirius's, all staring wide eyed and curious. The guard with the knife wound was quickly seen to by a plump lady tending to him with the help of another but younger woman. The rest of the room, 60 or so were staring as Charlie and Bill Weasley pushed me into the room, with Nev just behind. My handcuffed hands were behind my back, tightly fastened, my head was down and bowed, I was sure no one had truly seen my face yet or Nev's for that matter as he was pushed beside me, both on our knees.

"What is this, what happened," A voice spoke, familiar enough to make revulsion arise from within me.
James Potter I was sure. Movement sounded close by and a pair of large black boots were visible in my eye line though my head was bowed. Madeye. A large hand wrapped itself around my throat tightly, causing my head to lift up.

"This scum is what happened, James," Alistair Moody spoke, voice full of spite and hatred, gasps sounded around the room, they knew who we were. Someone pulled Moody of me and apparently Nev too. Grabbed again we were shoved into chairs, much like the ones we were in during our first interrogation.

Sitting there with eyes like ice, my hands were unlocked from the handcuffs behind my back to be locked again once more in front of me.

I lifted my handcuffed hands to itch my scar.

I looked around the room identifying the face with the name.

"What, what is this?" James Potter spoke, again, confused and in denial. He looked pretty much the same, black scruffy hair which was regrettably were I had inherited mine though his was streaked with essences of grey displaying his age, his brown eyes were paired with his usual spectacles. He was lean and in shape but seemed different, not as energetic and lively.

I instantly knew it was him.

As soon as I made eye contact he flinched, "Don't recognise me?" I ask gruffly, turning my head to the side and my lips in euphoria at his pain and confusion. He paled considerably and swallowed tightly.

"This is Hadrian Potter and Neville Longbottom or otherwise known as the 'Mortem Brothers'. They were captured by the order after killing two death eaters and Fenrir Greyback. We were given permission by the Ministry to apprehend them this afternoon after the Minister issued a capture dead or alive alert for their involvement in worldwide smuggling operations and murder." Dumbledore announced. Another collection of gasps, splayed around the room.

James shocked eyes where staring at me, studying me to make sure what Dumbledore said was true.

Lily Potter who sat to his right looked too, in complete shock.

"Mother, Father." I said in an ice cold tone. Making both of them flinch once more. From the corner of my eye I could see Nev who looked just as cold, whilst looking at his grandmother, who quickly looked away.

"Hadrian?" My mother asked, I refused to call her mum. I looked at her eyebrows raised.

"What?" I asked harshly. She looked taken aback, before frowning.

"Where have you been Hadrian, what have you done?" James asked still in shock it looked like.
"Please don't speak to your mother like that." he added the bastard, oh and he thought that I cared for them, he couldn't be more wrong the imbecile.

"Why become a criminal? A killer?" I ask harshly leaning forward my lips as blood from my head wound met them. I had a headache from that hit, ing Madeye. This was my game and I would be lying if I said it wasn't enjoyable. James stared horrified and disgusted, I knew that look well. Lily Potter just shook her head in denial.

"No, you're not a killer, not a criminal, your Hadrian," Lily spoke softly as if trying to convince herself. I looked at her directly for the fist time this evening, she was beautiful there was no denying it, long dark red hair, vibrant green eyes, slender and poised, a proper pure blood wife and mother of the chosen one.

And I despised her.

"Did you enjoy throwing me out like a piece of dirt, I bet you did didn't you?" I teased and barraged cruelly as I leant forward in my chair.

Lily shrunk back into herself in response, making herself smaller and smaller; less significant. Hating herself more and more. Tears fell down her cheeks. I saw James, clenching his fist, as he watched the state of her crumble just from the few words I spoke.

"How dare you," He yelled, this was priceless, really it was. I let my head fall back as I laughed in delight. Welcoming his anger, as if it were a drug in which I was addicted.

"No really, I had a wonderful time. Can you guess how many bones I broke at the Dursley's?" I hissed, I knew I said too much, but I couldn't stop myself. I was fuming.

"They're family they wouldn't hurt you." Lily cried, stupid . James looked at me strangely. Their reactions were typical of the man and woman I hated and was unfortunately related to by blood.

I laughed. "I guess the joke was fun when it lasted," I muttered, smiling and spitting blood out of my mouth onto the floor.