||.final.||

A Bit Too Much
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol had been warned by his doctor about the amount of suppressants that he had been consuming was becoming a bit more than just dangerous. But what could Chanyeol do when he worked in the same school which his mate was attending? Let alone having to teach the very class which his mate was in almost every other day. Of course, being an unmated omega at his age was becoming more common these days, but it was also quite dangerous. Thankfully his suppressants made sure to hide most of his omega scent, making him seem almost like a beta than anything else.

Another day of classes went by and Chanyeol was glad that the week had come to an end. It was pretty difficult whenever the weekend rolled around because that was when Chanyeol would take breaks from taking his suppressants.

He took the time on the weekends to think about how much longer he had until his mate would finally turn 18 and find out who his mate was.

It scared him.

Chanyeol was scared because he was already 27 years old and his mate was only turning 18 this year. He didn't know what the boy would think when he found out about him, a tall and lanky omega who was nine years older being his mate. Chanyeol always noticed the boy in his class, always smiling and paying attention to him and over the last couple of years, he knew that he had become one of the boy's favourite teachers. The boy probably didn't even realise why Chanyeol was a favourite of his.

With all these thoughts running amuck in his head, the weekends would always go by like that, having Chanyeol become more and more anxious as the weeks went by until the boy's 18th birthday would arrive.

 

 

 

Being an unmated omega who was around his mate so often, Chanyeol needed those suppressants to prevent him from falling into a random heat. That's why he took so many, but he didn't realise that one day it would just be too much for his body to handle.

So, he drove to school as usual that following Monday, feeling fine and pretty normal - at least that's what he thought. He was preparing for his first class when all too suddenly, a pounding headache began to persist. He shut his eyes and shook off the feeling before taking his folder and heading out to the classroom since he had heard the bell. He walked down the hall amongst some of the students who were rushing about to get to their first classes of the day when everything began tilting from side to side and spinning.

Just as most of the students had gone into the classrooms, Chanyeol pushed himself off the wall that he had begun leaning against and tried to walk along. However, he couldn't breathe very well, his airway tightening, the floor was spinning and soon enough everything just went black.

"Mr. Park!" he heard a familiar voice calling out before everything just faded away.

 

Minseok, or better known by his students as Mr. Kim, was just on his way to class when he rounded the corner and saw Chanyeol laying there on the hallway floor, unconscious and looking terribly unwell, judging by his rather pale complexion and the sweat on his skin. He immediately had a couple of other teachers help him to move him to the teacher's lounge where they decided to call an ambulance.

 

 

 

"Where is Mr. Park? He's running so late today..."

Baekhyun frowned a bit as he also thought what the female student in front of him had said aloud.

"Yeah, I saw him this morning... I wonder where he is," another male student commented.

The door to the classroom slid open then and a teacher, Mr. Kim - not Minseok, but rather his cousin, Jongdae, walked in and stood at the front of the classroom. "Hello students. I'm obviously not Mr. Park, but I'll be taking your class this morning and possibly for this week. Mr. Park had a bit of an emergency this morning and wasn't able to come in to teach..."

The rest of Mr. Kim's explanation and introduction blurred out for Baekhyun as he began to worry about what exactly happened to Mr. Park that he just suddenly couldn't make it to class.

 

When the class ended, Baekhyun rushed to pack his things and went up to the front to the teacher, "Mr. Kim?"

"Oh why hello, Baekhyun. What seems to be the matter?" the beta teacher asked.

"I-I... What happened to Mr. Park?" he asked, his voice coming out a bit softer and a little shakier than normal.

Jongdae knew who Baekhyun was since he was close friends with Chanyeol and understood his dilemma. So, he didn't say anything about them being mates or anything. He simply waited until all the other students were gone and spoke softly to the boy, "Mr. Park felt quite unwell this morning... So he's been sent to the hospital nearby," he explained with a slight sad, tight-lipped smile. "He should be back next week though," he smiled.

 

 

 

As soon as his classes were done for the day, Baekhyun grabbed his bike and cycled all the way to the hospital nearby. He didn't know why, but he just had to see and make sure that Mr. Park was okay. Somehow he managed to be allowed to visit his teacher and when he was outside of the room that Mr. Park was in, he took a deep breath before heading inside. There were four sections in the room to fit a potential four patients, but only one of them was occupied, the curtain having been drawn closed halfway.

Baekhyun took another deep breath and walked over to the bed, going around to see the occupant of the bed. He frowned when he saw that Mr. Park was in a hospital gown, his clothes folded into a neat pile beside the bed on the small table. He went and sat

Please log in to read the full chapter