Chapter 4 - No Regrets Forever

One More Night

Youngjae stared out into the view in front of him.

The sun was setting over the ocean, and they had decided it was the perfect time to have breakfast.

Why? No reason.

It was just simply something they could do now.

The simple luxuries afforded to those who cared enough to appreciate it.

It was a small section of a beach they were on, hidden by the cliffs around them.

Not enough where they were truly unreachable, but to were they were alone.

That was all they really needed.

The past few years had been frenzied, a mess of emotions and threats and standing on the edge.

Jaebum kept stalking him, except he was now out to get Jinyoung as well.

They had threatened to take him to court, many times, but that had all been needless in the end.

Mark and Jaebum got together and formulated a plan.

Well, Jaebum had made him agree to help, and had roped him in to where he could not escape.

But while they had attempted, Mark had tipped off the police and Jaebum and him had been arrested.

Mark got off with a lighter sentence, and seemed truly terrified and apologetic.

Jaebum had been handed a much longer time, but only faced it with cold fire in his eyes and defiance in his poise as he was dragged away in shackles.

Maybe they wouldn’t ever be fully rid of them, but for now was good.

It had been two years, going on three, since that day.

They had found their solace in each other, in the end.

He was interrupted by a tug on his hand.

Jinyoung was standing up, pulling him towards the water with a smile on hiis face, food already packaged up.

Youngjae clambered up and pulled his shoes off, already knowing what Jinyoung intended.

They played well into the night, splashing and running and pushing and kissing until they were both tired, very wet, and very sandy.

Usually, Youngjae hated that feeling. Today he relished it.

Jinyoung now seemed to be hesitating, looking nervous and wringing his hands together.

Youngjae took his hands in his own and pulled them apart gently. “Jinyoung, what’s wrong? Tell me.”

Jinyoung huffed a breath and shook his head.

”Nothing is wrong... just the opposite. I’m just very nervous about this idea I had a little while ago.”

Youngjae perked up. “What is it? I always like your ideas, you know that.”

A little half smile grew on Jinyoung’s face.

”I sure hope so..”

He reached into his pocket and fumbled around a bit.

And then, sinking down onto one knee, he looked up at Youngjae.

”When we met, I remember you were in an odd situation. Two kids were your friends, and both were fighting over you. So, I put them together and made them talk. You seemed so awestruck that I had managed that and clung to me for several weeks after that.”

Youngjae nodded, hand over his mouth.

It was flown up so fast whe Jinyoung started speaking that he hit himself in his mouth.

That was his excuse for not speaking, although it may have had something more to do with the lump in his throat.

”Then, Jaebum came. You two seemed so happy, and I wanted what you had. So I found Mark. And that was probably why it didn’t work out between us. He was a good man, I just misled him. I will forever feel guilty for that.

And then Jaebum started. I was terrified for you. The day you came running into my apartment, I didn’t know what to do, and I’m sorry for that too.”

Youngjae tried to speak, but Jinyoung placed a finger over his mouth and playfully narrowed his eyes before continuing.

”That night was where we both let go, I think. We felt what was coming, but didn’t know what it was or how to deal with it. So something happened, and while it was unconventional, I do bot regret it. 

That confession we made? I do not regret it. When I said I was yours yesterday, today, and tomorrow, I meant it. And now I want to show you that. Forever.

I don’t believe this is something I will regret. I really hope I don’t.”

Popping open the box, he looked up at Youngjae. They both had tears b in their eyes.

”Choi Youngjae, I ask you to be mine, yesterday, today, and tomorrow, woth no regrets.

Will you marry me?”

The silence stretched, only Youngjae’s disbelieving gasps breakihg the stillness.

Still now able to speak, he nodded.

Jinyoung removed the rjng from the box, slipped it on his finger, and tossed the box somewhere.

And then they were kissing, Youngjae spinning Jinyoung around, both of them laughing with happiness and joy, that these two loney souls, these two broken souls had found each others.

And together, they made a whole.

Forever.

—————

lel it’s a bit short sorry

but I wanted to end it there like that’s a pretty solid ending I think

So

Um

I did it

Remind me

Never again

Happy Birthday, Kitty!!!

but I almost died

Well imma go sleep forever now

Sorry for the bad content, shortness, and typos

Will actually beta tomorrow caude I couldn’t while I was writing 

Whew

it is done

Byeee

-WingedWarrior