チャプター三

Can You See Me?

Here's another chapter! Unfortunately, I didn't post it in the time frame I wanted, but finals are killer, man. Anyway, enjoy!


It had been almost three weeks since Baekhyun had his strange encounter with the flower giant, and in that time, he learned a lot of things about him. Things like:

  • His name was Park Chanyeol (he still liked to call him Flower Giant though)
  • He was 28 years old
  • He loved flowers (obviously), and sometimes succulents even more
  • His favorite color was pastel pinks and blues
  • He had a dog, a small black poodle named Toben
  • He dressed well (in Baekhyun's opinion)
  • He was organized when it came to his work

Baekhyun had entertained himself for the past weeks learning every detail he could about Chanyeol, and even more so, messing with him. Baekhyun didn't have any malicious intent in his pranks, he just wanted to embrace the enjoyment--something he hadn't experienced in years, and Chanyeol's reactions to them made them all the more entertaining.

Some days, Baekhyun would misplace some of Chanyeol's objects, watching in amusement how the Flower Giant would fumble around trying to locate his missing item, and when Chanyeol wasn't looking, Baekhyun would return the object to where he originally found it. Other days, which he found himself doing more, he would leave short, small notes on Chanyeol's pastel colored Post-Its and place them around the shop; messages such as "Your smile is contagious," "Your yoda ears give you character," "Your deep voice is soothing," and "Flowers suit you."

These notes, although he had no idea where they came from, never failed to put a toothy smile on Chanyeol's face, he not being concerned on who might possibly be leaving them, and this made Baekhyun ecstatic. It had been years since Baekhyun felt happy and at peace, and the Flower Giant's reactions made Baekhyun even more amused.

This little arrangement had been what kept Baekhyun smiling, something completely new to him. It wasn't just happiness he was feeling, it was something else, but he couldn't lay his finger on it. For now, Baekhyun was content with spending the time he had with this Flower Giant named Park Chanyeol.


Baekhyun had said he was content with how things were, but at this moment, that wasn't enough. He wanted to actually interact with Chanyeol. To have Chanyeol see him, to talk to him. He wanted to make himself know to the Flower Giant.

Baekhyun was currently sitting on one of the chairs by Chanyeol's work bench, watching as the Flower Giant put together countless bouquets. Watching Chanyeol put flowers together soothed Baekhyun to no end, and he found himself at peace.

The bell at the front of the shop rung and Chanyeol looked up, being greeted by a couple. He smiled his toothy smile at them and went to go help them. Baekhyun sighed, he wished he could talk to Chanyeol freely, just like the customers that came could.

Baekhyun picked up the bouquet of carnations that Chanyeol had just arranged, bringing it to his nose and gently sniffing it. He smiled.

"Excuse me, can I help you?" a voice said, nearly scaring Baekhyun out of his wits.

His head shot up into the direction where he heard the voice. There, standing in front of him, was the Flower Giant. Confused, Baekhyun whipped his head around, wondering who Chanyeol was talking to. He turned his head back to him, seeing those big brown eyes looking into his own.

"A-are… you talking to… me?" Baekhyun asked as he pointed to himself, the bouquet still in his arms.

"You're the only one around, so, yeah, I am talking to you, cutie," Chanyeol replied, his smile growing wider.

Now, Baekhyun went from confused, to downright shocked. What the f-

"Is there something wrong?" Chanyeol asked, his head tilting ever so slightly.

Baekhyun snapped out of his trance, wetting his lips before speaking, "You can see me?"

"Of course I can, why wouldn't I?"

Baekhyun just stared at the Flower Giant. He could see him? How even.

"Uh, I was just- I was just looking around. I'm… fairly new to this area and… I love flowers," Baekhyun said.

"Oh! My, you must be lost. Don't worry, as you can tell, flowers are what I live for. I've been interested in them ever since I was young, and that's why I have my own shop," Chanyeol replied, walking closer, "Come, here…"

"Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun."

"Baekhyun-ah, come here, let me show you just how spectacular flowers are."


Baekhyun had lost track of how many hours had passed since the unusual change of events, but he wasn't complaining. Six years without conversation from another human being was a nice change, and Baekhyun had missed it.

"My signature are carnations. I don't know how, but they've always been my favorite. They are simplistic and beautiful, and they last a long time as well," Chanyeol explained.

"I like carnations too," Baekhyun said, smiling at the giant, "but I honestly am in love with lilies. Their petals are so elegant, and they beautiful before they even bloom.

"Hmm, lilies… I'll keep that in mind," Chanyeol replied.

Baekhyun tilted his head at him, wondering why Chanyeol seemed to be plotting something.

"So, how old are you Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked after a little.

"I'm 24," Baekhyun replied, playing with the sunflower in his hand.

"Ah, I'm 26, so that means I'm your hyung!" Chanyeol said.

"So, does that mean you want to start calling you 'hyung'?" Baekhyun asked, setting down the sunflower.

"You will call me Chanyeol-hyung, and I will still call you Baekhyun-ah," Chanyeol proudly declared.

Baekhyun sighed but smiled, "Alright… Chanyeol-hyung."


Baekhyun was standing by Chanyeol's side, attempting to listen to Chanyeol explain why this flower went with flower, all while attempting to put together his own bouquet. Chanyeol was a diligent teacher, and Baekhyun had absorbed a lot of flower knowledge over the past few weeks. Every day, the two would get closer and closer.

Both of the males looked up when they heard the familiar chime of the front door's bell, signaling that someone had walked in.

"Chanyeol?" the voice said.

"Back here," replied the Flower Giant.

A second later, a man, tall but not Chanyeol tall, with blonde hair appeared. In his arms, he held a stack of papers, a laptop bag swung over his shoulder.

"What's up, Sehun?" Chanyeol asked.

"I just wanted to drop off these papers for you. It's update information about different flowers, something I thought you would find useful," Sehun replied.

"Ah, thank you," Chanyeol said, "Oh! By the way, I want you to meet someone."

"Yeah? Who?" Sehun asked.

Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun and smiled before he turned back to Sehun, "Sehun, meet Baekhyun. He's new around here."

Sehun's eyebrow rose, confusion crossing his face, "Uh, Chan?"

"Yeah?"

"There's no one there."

It was Chanyeol's turn to be confused, his head whipping to Baekhyun's direction. He could see the smaller male plain as day.

"What are you talking about? He's sitting right next to me," Chanyeol said after some silence.

"Chan, I think you've been cooped up in here too long. The flower fumes are messing with your head. There isn't anyone there," Sehun said.

"I…," Chanyeol trailed off. Why couldn’t Sehun see Baekhyun?

"Anyway, Chan, I gotta get going. Luhan's waiting for me to pick him up. Get some fresh air, yeah?" Sehun said before he his heel and walked out the shop's door.

Chanyeol, who was in slight disbelief, remained silent, while Baekhyun remained quiet as well. Uh oh.

A few minutes had passed before Chanyeol turned his attention to Baekhyun, his eyes raised and knitted together. He took an inhale before he spoke, "Who are you?"


---Chapter Three - End---


There we go! What's going to happen to Baekhyun now? He's got a lot of explaining to do, lol.

Thank you for all your subscriptions, they mean a lot to me! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Until next time!
またね!