チャプター一

Can You See Me?

Short and to the point. Keep in mind, italics mean flashbacks, so this chapter is kind of a flashback intro. Enjoy!


Byun Baekhyun was a good soul. He loved animals, enjoyed helping others, never failed to make his friends smile. Byun Baekhyun had a good life, a life surrounded by people who loved him, and by the things he loved. Byun Baekhyun loved caring for the massive flower garden in the backyard of his home, because to him, flowers were precious and deserved to be loved and nurtured.

Byun Baekhyun lived a wonderful life.


It was dark when he awoke. And he felt slightly weird. He felt weightless, hazy, like he was in some type of dream. Baekhyun opened his eyes wider, letting the shallow moonlight fill his pupils before sitting up. He turned his body and got out of bed, and went to slip his slippers on when his foot went right through it. Rubbing his eyes, he tried again, only to get the same result. Frowning, and trying to not let tears slide down his face as he tried and tried again, Baekhyun looked up, only to notice a horrifying sight. He was staring at his own sleeping body.

Baekhyun reached a hand out, attempting to touch himself, and he was able to. He lifted the lids of his body and noticed his usual bright brown eyes were a dull dark brown, almost black, almost as if he were… lifeless.

Gasping and trying to calm himself, Baekhyun ran to the living room, picking up the house phone and attempting to call his best friend. His hand luckily was able to pick up the phone, and he quickly dialed the number he knew by heart.

"Hello?" the voice on the line spoke.

"Kyungsoo! I need help! Something is wrong!" Baekhyun shouted into the phone.

"Hello, Baekhyun? Are you there?" Kyungsoo asked, confusion in his voice.

"Yes, I'm here! Kyungsoo can't you hear me?" Baekhyun said.

"Baekhyun, why aren't you talking? Is something wrong? Kyungsoo asked, his confused voice turning into worry.

"Soo, what the heck! Why can't you hear me? I need your help, something is wrong!" Baekhyun cried.

"Baek, I don't know what's up, but I'll be over in ten minutes, okay? Stay put," Kyungsoo said before hanging up.

Baekhyun froze and dropped the phone. Okay, maybe he couldn't hear him, but he would see him… right?

Baekhyun anxiously waited the ten minutes before he heard his front door unlocking and Kyungsoo rushing in.

"Baek? Where are you?" Kyungsoo said out.

"Oh Kyung, I'm glad you're here! Something isn't right!" Baekhyun cried. He rushed over to hug his best friend, and just when he was about to wrap his arms around him, Kyungsoo moved forward, and walked right through Baekhyun. Baekhyun whipped around and saw Kyungsoo's back retreating in the bedroom.

Kyungsoo shook Baekhyun's sleeping body, "Baek? Baek, what's wrong?"

Baekhyun rushed into the room, "I don't know what's wrong, that's what I'm telling you!"

"Baek, why aren't you waking up? You're so cold too. Baek? Baek, can you hear me?" Kyungsoo croaked.

"I can, Soo! I'm right here! Why can't you hear or see me?!" Baekhyun shouted.

Kyungsoo pulled out his cellphone and dialed a number. Emergency.

"-please hurry," he said, before ending the call and sitting next to Baekhyun's body.

It was about fifteen minutes before the paramedics came rushing it. They tried waking Baekhyun before checking his pulse. Then, everything was silent. The paramedic that had checked for the pulse turned to Kyungsoo.

"What's… what's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked quietly.

"I'm deeply sorry Do-sshi. Byun-sshi… has passed away."

Kyungsoo's mouth dropped, tears falling. Not only was he shocked, Baekhyun had frozen entirely. Had he heard him right? He… died?

"N-no… that can be. He was fine this morning," Kyungsoo sobbed.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Do-sshi," the paramedic said. The other paramedics were packing their things and calling the morgue staff.

Of course, the only… living people in the room could tell Kyungsoo was the one that was most shocked, but in reality, it was Baekhyun. How could this happen? Why did it happen? What was he going to do?

When Baekhyun's body was taken away and Kyungsoo had received the information about Baekhyun's death, everyone left the room, leaving Kyungsoo--and Baekhyun--were the only ones left in the room. Kyungsoo had his head in his hands, obviously not gotten over the fact that he had just lost his best friend. Baekhyun stood beside him, he hand passing through Kyungsoo's body, but he did his best.

"I miss you already, Soo," Baekhyun sobbed.

Kyungsoo sobbed louder.


---Chapter One - End---


Mmm, angst.

Any grammatical errors is 106.7% my fault and I am not sorry. ♡

Until next time!
またね!