チャプターニ

Can You See Me?

Hello, I am back with the next chapter. Hope you like it! Enjoy!


It had been six years since Byun Baekhyun was pronounced dead at age nineteen, and even now, he still couldn't wrap his head around that fact. Since that unfortunate night, Baekhyun had been wandering the earth, trying to find something, anything, that could help him. He knew that people talked about seeing "the light," the thing that was supposed to bring you to the afterlife, but in those six years he wandered, he never once saw it.

 

Baekhyun was now in London, England. Since no one could see him, of course he got to travel on planes for free, it wasn't like he need a seat or anything. What Baekhyun could do, though, was hold inanimate objects. He could lift and move smaller things like pens, paper, books to bigger objects, like chairs and tables. He once tried communicating with someone by writing out a message on a chalkboard, but that only resulted in said person fainting. Why? He doesn’t really know.

 

So here he was, a lonely ghost, now twenty-five years old, wandering the streets of London. He took in the sights, like the small shops, double-decker busses, the beach, and of course, Big Ben, but not even those could cheer him up.

 

Baekhyun had tried following and "living" with Kyungsoo for a while, but seeing his best friend depressed broke his heart, so he left. Baekhyun knew Kyungsoo would make it through, he had his boyfriend, Kim Jongin, by his side, so he had no worries. He ree day to find out that his best friend and Jongin had married, and Baekhyun was glad to see that the sparkle in Kyungsoo's eyes, although not as radiant, had returned, so Baekhyun's mind was set at peace.

 

Even though his best friend was happy, Baekhyun couldn't say the same for himself. Baekhyun refused to visit the friends he made, the family he was close to, all because he knew he wouldn't be able to take the heartbreak that followed his death. So he left, and didn't look back. He left Seoul six years ago, and he hasn't stepped back there in four years.

 

Baekhyun had wandered into a more historical looking street, small shops lining the wide area. There was a bakery that Baekhyun was drawn to, only because he loved the smell of coffee. How he missed being able to have some.

 

Baekhyun took a seat at the table in the corner, being careful to not move the chair he chose. From his spot, he could see every angle of the bakery--the chefs bringing out new pastries, the cashier handing customers their treats, the idle movement of the bakery's occupants. But what he was most attracted to was the shop across the way.

 

It was a flower shop, the outside painted a soothing pastel green, blue and white. Bouquets of flowers lined the outside, each with a different price, waiting to be purchased and brought home. Baekhyun looked to where the name of the shop sat.

 

A Walk in the Park

 

'Interesting name,' Baekhyun thought. He couldn't see inside as well, but he could tell there were at least two people inside. He tilted his head. He was curious.

 

About fifteen minutes of watching in a trance like state when he saw someone exiting the shop. The customer had blonde hair and green eyes--male--and wore a simple dress shirt and skinny jeans, his blazer draped over his arm. Behind him followed a man--no, a giant, who wore a pastel pink shirt, white skinny jeans and light brown apron. His hair was dyed silver and straight, and from the thick tuffs popped very large ears. The man's eyes were wide and brown, looking as if they belonged to an innocent child, a slender nose, thick lips and pearly white teeth as he smiled at the blonde man leaving.

 

The giant handed the man a bouquet of white carnations before bidding him goodbye. The giant smiled again before he disappeared back into the shop. Now Baekhyun was even more curious.

 

Baekhyun carefully stood up before heading to the exit of the bakery and walking across the stone street. He stopped right in front of the shop, wondering why he was so allured by it. The smell of the flowers hit his nose, and Baekhyun nearly melted on the spot. Flowers were his favorite.

 

Even though Baekhyun knew the man in the shop couldn't see him, he was still nervous. Slowly, he walked inside the shop, and to say he was shocked at this inside would be an understatement.

The inside off the shop could rival a magical garden. The floor was made of stones that were cemented together, the walls were painted a bright white, which made each colorful flower pop out. There were also potted plants placed everywhere, giving the spacious room elegance and flair. Baekhyun entirely enticed by the atmosphere.

He heard movement near the back of the room and turned his head to see what it was. It was the giant from earlier, and was busy putting together an arrangement. Baekhyun walked closer, observing how the giant surrounded a small succulent with white baby's breaths and a few periwinkles. The arrangement was slightly unusual and Baekhyun found himself in love with it, and we so occupied with the arrangement that he didn't notice that his hand got too close to one of the flower vases.

CRASH

Baekhyun jumped, his shock turning to terror when he saw the giant shoot up, eyes darting to the vase shattered on the ground. Lucky for Baekhyun, nothing was in it, but that didn't help the situation much considering how the vase was nowhere near the edge of the table.

The giant made his way to the vase, looking at it before looking up and around the shop. He cocked an eyebrow, "Is anyone there?"

Baekhyun had his hands covering his mouth, still shocked at his mistake and also surprised at how deep the giant's voice was. He also realized that giant was way too close to him.

The giant side before he walked to the back of the shop, reemerging with a broom and dust pan in his hands. He cleaned up the broken ceramic and disposed of it in the nearby trashcan, but paused when he finished. How did that vase manage to fall over?

The giant took another look around the room before shaking his head and returning to his assembly station, putting the finishing touches on his creation before wrapping it with white ribbon on the pot. He left his station to head to the desk to the front and make a phone call.

Baekhyun watched the giant work and move, finding himself wanting to communicate with this man, something he hasn't wanted since he left Kyungsoo. It was then that he realized he made it way over to where the giant was sitting, writing something on a piece of paper, and that his hand was oh so close to the giant's shoulder.

' it,' Baekhyun thought, and laid his hand gently on the giant's shoulder.

Only to be thrown backwards when the giant screamed and stood up abruptly.

His head whipped back and forth, his eyes wide as he scanned the room.

"Who's there?!" he shouted.

Baekhyun's eyes widened as well. The giant felt his touch? Curious, Baekhyun stood up and walked toward the frightened giant, gently touching his shoulder again.

The giant whipped around again, looking terrified, "Seriously! Who is there?!"

Baekhyun chuckled, amused by the antics of the giant. His intimidating height and deep voice contrasted greatly with his actual personality.

When the giant calmed down, he returned to the desk to finish his work, occasionally looking around for anything strange.

Baekhyun smiled. Maybe this man would be different than the rest.


---Chapter Two - End---


Excuse the grammar mistakes (if any).

Another short chapter. Hopefully the next one will be up in a day or two!

Until next time!
またね!