chapter 5

Family Vacation

 

 

Yoobi waited by the reception, the worried expression on her face disappeared when she saw Minho getting out of the elevator, running toward him she called “appa!”

Minho smiled and reached his hands to catch her in his arms.

“What took you so long?”

I’m sorry sweetie” Minho mumbled, can’t find an excuse.

“Where is Taemin appa?”

“He’s at the room, taking a shower”

“Oh”

“Did you had fun?”

“Yeah, very much…Pocahontas braided a feather to my hair” she said proudly and showed her father.

“That’s beautiful, you look like an Indian now…”

Yoobi laughed “no appa, I still look like me”

Minho chuckled and kissed his daughter’s cheek loudly. They passed by the hotel cafe-restaurant and he stopped “let’s buy appa a coffee” he said as he placed Yoobi on the ground “do you want a cocoa?”

Yoobi nodded “can we have a cake too?”

“Yes, pick one”  

Yoobi picked herself the most chocolaty cake she could see, while Minho ordered 3 cups to go, butter cookies for himself and a strawberry cheesecake for Taemin, his favorite.

The room was tidy when they arrived, Taemin picked up their clothes and fixed the bed, he already showered and wore clean clothes, though he looked a little tired he welcomed them with a smile.

“Appa, we brought chocolate cake…” Yoobi called.

“Really?”

Minho, who carried the cups in his hands, smiled “I thought you might be a little hungry” he said suggestively.

Taemin muffled a chuckle, he helped his ex-husband to place the cups on the table “go take a shower” he whispered “you smell like .

Minho nodded amused and stole a kiss from his lips before he headed to the bathroom, luckily, Yoobi hadn’t seen it, she was too busy with her cocoa and her cake.

While Minho showered, Taemin and Yoobi enjoyed their beverages, she told him all that happened at the princess's party and proudly showed him the feather in her hair, Minho came out moments later and joined them, it was a picture perfect of the family they weren't anymore.

“Can we go back to the park?” Yoobi asked as she took the last bite of her cake into .

Taemin looked at his ex-husband who shrugged “I don’t mind, if you’re not tired”

“We could go for a dinner, and maybe after we could see the parade”

Yoobi gasped and nodded “yes, appa, please…!”

Minho smiled “on one condition, you’re taking a shower when we’re coming back, if you’ll fall asleep like yesterday, I’ll wake you”

Yoobi nodded and jumped off of her seat, ready to go. Chuckling, her fathers got up as well and they had left the room.

 

~

 

As promised, after dinner and the parade, Yoobi got into the shower while her fathers packed their suitcases, it was their last night at DisneyLand.

“We bought her too many presents” Minho said casually as he squeezed dolls and plastic jewelries into his suitcase.

“We spoil her too much, aren’t we?”

“A little” Minho admitted.

Taemin laughed “we’re horrible”

Minho smiled at his ex-husband, he let go of his suitcase and got closer to him, wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him to his body, eyed his beautiful face, he saw small blue marks from his kisses on his neck and reached his hand to touch it.

Taemin shivered to the small touch, he took in a shaky breath before he angled his head and pressed their lips together with a desperate kiss, he wrapped his arms around Minho’s neck pulled him even closer to his body. None of them heard the bathroom’s door opens.

Surprised to see her fathers kissing, Yoobi sneaked back into the bathroom, her heart pounded wildly in her chest as realization slowly set in her mind, her fathers are back together. She waited until she heard them talking and made her way back into the room loudly enough for them to hear, they hadn’t said a word and she thought maybe they just wanted to surprise her with the good news, so she stared at them suggestively, hoping they’ll understand she already knows, but they just sent her to bed.

Minho dimmed the lights so Yoobi could fall asleep while they kept packing, eventually, both Taemin and he got tired, they got into bed, the same one, and fell asleep in each other’s arms.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


 

Taemin opened his eyes to the sound of the alarm, he turned it off and tossed in bed until he faced Minho, who was still asleep. Reaching his hand, he his ex-husband’s face to awakeness.

“Good morning” Minho mumbled as he opened his eyes.

“Good morning”

“What time is it?”

“6 o'clock, we need to get up so you won’t miss your flight”

Minho nodded, he tapped a kiss on Taemin’s lips before he stumbled out of bed and headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Taemin got up as well, he dressed before he waked Yoobi, his daughter grumped for the early hour but eventually got out of bed, she interrupted Minho in the bathroom by gushing in and brushing her teeth along with him, when they finished, they switched places with Taemin. 30 minutes later, they were ready to leave.

When they arrived the train station, Yoobi felt concerned, she looked at her fathers who were busy searching for the train platform and felt a lump in , the family vacation was over and yet, they hadn’t told her they’re back together.

“Appa?” she said quietly with a shaking voice, she was on the verge of tears “appa?”

“You need to take platform number 3 to the airport” Temin said “the train leaves in 15 minutes so you better hurry up”

“Minnie… thank you, for coming with us, I...had a lot of fun”

Sad smile crossed Taemin’s lips “me too” he mumbled, realizing they had to say goodbye. Kneeling down to Yoobi’s height, he pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly, at that moment, she snapped and burst in tears, confused, Taemin glanced at Minho who kneeled by his side and patted her back worriedly.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong?”

“I don’t want our vacation to over” she cried.

“Oh, sweetie…” Taemin said, he hugged her even tighter before he let go and looked into her eyes, wiping her tears, he forced a smile on his face “don’t cry” he said, though he felt like crying as well “there will be other vacations, but now, I need to go back to my internship, Minho appa need to go back to work and you need to go back to school"

Yoobi nodded and tried to calm her tears.

“I love you, sweetie, so much”

“I love you too, appa”

“Call me when you’ll get home, ok?”

She nodded and hugged him one last time.

“Now, you and appa need to go so you won’t miss the train” he said and looked at his ex-husband, they shared a gloomy expression as they got back on their feet.

Minho reached his hand for Yoobi to hold as he turned to Taemin “so...ah…”

Taemin got closer and hugged him tightly “goodbye, Minho” he whispered in his ear.

“Goodbye, Taemin”