chapter 3

Family Vacation

Hi guys, 
I'm sorry for not updating for long, I'm a little uneasy since Jonghyun's death. 
Hope you'll like this chapter.
 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yoobi woke up to see her fathers sleeping in the same bed, it made her heart wishful, she longed to see them together ever since they divorced. Getting out of bed, she curled into their bed, where there was enough space for her in between them.

Minho was the first one to open his eyes, he smiled tiredly at his daughter and wrapped an arm around her body “good morning, sweetie”

“Good morning, appa” she whispered loudly enough to awake Taemin who wrapped his arm around her as well, he kissed her temple and greeted her for a good morning before he smiled at his ex-husband.

Yoobi hadn’t missed that smile, she shared her gaze between her fathers before she curiously asked “why are you two sleeping in the same bed?”

Minho frowned at Taemin as he looked for a proper answer “ahh, we were, ahh appa and I, we...”

“You took my bed, remember?” Taemin said, helping his stuttering ex-husband “I had to sleep in Minho appa’s bed”

“Oh…” Yoobi sighed disappointedly.

Consulting each other with their eyes only, Minho said “we should get up and get dressed, there is a big day waiting for us after breakfast”

“Hmmm…what do you say?” Taemin asked.

Yoobi nodded, still disappointed, she got out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth while her fathers stumbled out of bed, they both knew that she had wished them to get back together.

Yoobi was 5 when they separated, too young to understand why but old enough to understand her family was no longer the same, though she never expressed her feelings with words, her behaviour said much and her frustration was noticeable, when Taemin left home it became even worse, both he and Minho realized they had to make a change, so Taemin found a nearby apartment and they had tried to meet at least once a week for a family activities just to make Yoobi feel secure again, Taemin who ran away from his responsibilities found it comfortable to be a part time dad.

When yoobi got out of the bathroom she chose herself a yellow dress to wear, since she was still a little disappointed, she ignored her fathers’ suggestions for help, Minho and Taemin gave her the space she needed to calm her emotions, they brushed their teeth and got dressed quietly, luckily, by the time they got out of the room Yoobi was better, when she saw Mickey Mouse in the hotel lobby, the smile got back on her face.

 

~

 

At breakfast, Minho and Taemin had tried to keep a little distance between them, so Yoobi won’t have any false hopes, unfortunately, it was harder than they thought, parenting naturally brought them together and it confused not only their daughter.

On their way out of the hotel, Minho held Yoobi’s hand ready to step outside when he saw a young child running carelessly toward them, Taemin who followed, was too busy with his phone, eyes down he hadn’t seen the child, he gasped when Minho grabbed his arm and pulled him close to his body before the child bumped into him. Surprised, he looked at the child and then at his ex-husband before he placed his phone into his pocket, he shivered when Minho lowered his hand down his arm and entwined their fingers.

“Maybe I should hold your hand as well” Minho said amused, referring the way he held their daughter’s hand.

Yoobi hadn’t missed their hands, she hadn’t missed the way they looked at each other.

By the time they entered the park, Yoobi already listed the places she wanted to visit today, she pulled her fathers from one place to another, gleefully.

At lunchtime, they sat at one of the restaurants, though Yoobi wanted to have a hotdog like she ate the day before, her fathers preferred something much more edible, for a dessert, they agreed to go to the candy shop instead of a cup of coffee and a piece of pie.

“I should set her an appointment at the dentist when we’ll come back home” Minho said amused as they went out of the candy shop, Yoobi filled herself 3 bags of colorful candies.

“We should have agreed to only one bag” Taemin said.

Chuckling, Minho held his hand naturally and leaned closer to his ear “don’t worry, I won’t let her eat it all at once”

Minho’s warm breath on his ear made Taemin shiver, he looked at his ex-husband, focused on his beautiful smile, for a moment, everything around them became quiet and-

“Appa!!!”

Yoobi’s call interrupted the moment. She pointed her finger at Tinkerbell, the magical fairy scattered glitters all over as she took photos with enthusiastic children, she listened to their wished and waved her hands as a wand to fulfill their dreams.

“It’s Tinkerbell, can we take a photo with her?” she asked and pulled her fathers toward the fairy without waiting for an answer.

Taemin had to admit, Tinkerbell managed well though she couldn’t understand Korean, she gave Yoobi the needed attention when she asked for a photo and smiled at the camera when Minho took the picture.

“Do you have a special wish to ask?” Tinkerbell asked.  

Yoobi looked at Taemin, waited for him to translate her words to Korean.

“Tinkerbell ask if you have a wish to ask”

Big smile crossed her lips as she turned her gaze back to the fairy “I want my fathers to get back together”

Luckily, Tinkerbell couldn’t understand a word she was saying, otherwise, she would have been embarrassed as much as Minho and Taemin were.

“Yoo-” Taemin opened his mouth, but Minho held his hand tightly, like begging him not to break her innocent heart.

Tinkerbell, who must have noticed the weird atmosphere between the two, smiled at Yoobi and scattered glitters over her head, made her laugh excitedly.

Minho’s heart clenched in his chest for his selfishness, he knew her wish won’t come true, but he wanted to see a smile on her face. Taemin must have felt the same since he had a gloomy expression on his face.  

Yoobi hugged Tinkerbell and thanked her for the wish before she reached her hands to hold her fathers’, she looked at them happily as she pulled them to the next ride.

 

~

 

Minho held Yoobi in his arms as they slowly made their way back to the hotel, though she had tried to stay awake through the ‘Disney parade’, she fell asleep in her father’s arms, Minho and Taemin had tried to wake her so she could see the colorful show but she was too tired to keep her eyes open.

Taemin, who walked by Minho’s side, reached his hand and tugged Yoobi’s hair behind her ear before he slid it down her back lovingly, soft smile crossed his lips when she sighed in her sleep and moved her head to the other side, buried it in the crook of Minho’s neck.

Smiling, Minho placed his free hand on her back as well, his fingers brushed over Taemin’s, made a sheepish smile on his face. Awkwardness lingered between the two since their meeting with Tinkerbell.

“She’s getting heavy…”

“Do you want me to take her?” Taemin asked.

Minho looked amused, though his ex-husband looked a bit more muscled than he used to be, his figure was still small compared to his “it’s ok” he said, knowing Yoobi would be too heavy for him to carry all the way back to the hotel.

When they reached the room, Minho placed Yoobi in her bed, she protested when he had tried to awake so she could take a shower and gave up, let her sleep in her dress.

“She could take a shower tomorrow” Taemin said as he covered their daughter with a blanket.

“She’s stinks…”

“And tired, let her sleep” he said with a smile and patted his ex-husband’s chest before he headed to the bathroom.

Minho watched him closing the door behind him, the gentle touch sat his heart on fire.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

The next morning, Yoobi woke up to see her fathers sleeping separately, she couldn’t understand why, yesterday, Tinkerbell made her wish come true, her fathers held hands, looked at each other constantly, smiled and laughed from each other’s jokes, and now, they were sleeping separately, maybe Tinkerbell’s magic was only a one day magic? Should she ask her to spread more fairy dust over her fathers’ heads? But what would happen when they’ll leave DisneyLand, where she could get fairy dust?

“Yoobi...”

Taemin’s sleepy voice cut her trail of thoughts, she looked at her father, soft smile on his face as he moved his blanket aside so she could join him, she pushed herself out of her bed and curled into Taemin’s, let him wrap protective arms around her.

“Good morning, sweetie”

“Good morning, appa”

“Did you sleep well?”

“Hmmm…”

“You missed the parade yesterday, want to try and stay awake tonight so you could see it?”

Yoobi nodded. Taemin kissed her forehead.

“Appa…?”

“Hmmm?”

“Why you and Minho appa weren’t sleeping in the same bed tonight?”

Taemin glanced at his sleeping ex-husband before he turned his gaze back to Yoobi.

“Appa fell asleep before I got out of the shower, he spread all over the bed and there was not enough room” he said, hoping she’ll believe him, it wasn’t all a lie, Minho did fell asleep before he got out of the shower, but he had left plenty of room for him to join, he was the one who got into the other bed, knowing he won’t be able to control himself from kissing him again “besides, you slept in your own bed tonight, so, I could have mine back”

Yoobi nodded understandingly, at least Tinkerbell’s magic was still working.

“Let’s wake Minho appa and get ready for today, hmmm?”

“Ok”

“And you, go take a shower, last night you fell asleep without having one”  

Yoobi nodded and got out of the bed, she stopped by Minho’s bed before she headed to the bathroom, kissed his cheek and whispered ‘good morning’, Minho smiled, but his eyes remained closed as he promised to get up.

When Yoobi closed the bathroom door behind her, Taemin looked at his ex-husband, he was lying on his stomach, shirtless, his tight jeans looked uncomfortable to sleep in but it made his look so good. He missed old days when this body stuck to his.

“Minho…”

“Hmmm?”

“We need to get up”

Minho stretched in bed before he opened his eyes and raised his head from the pillow.

“Where is Yoobi?”

“Taking a shower” Taemin said as he slowly sat in bed.

“I should take one too, I fell asleep last night”

Taemin hummed and got out of bed, he headed the closet but has stopped when Minho reached his hand.

“Minnie…” he mumbled as he pulled him to sit on the bed close to him, his arm wrapped around his waist, held him close as he pressed his cheek to his lower back.

“Minho, Yoobi might...” Taemin whispered, his heart clenched with frustration, though he wanted to be held by him so bad, he knew they have to stay away from each other for so many reasons.

“I know” Minho sighed and let go of his waist, he tossed and sat in bed, looked at his ex-husband as he suddenly leaned toward him and pressed their lips together with a kiss.

His warm tongue swirled around his, his soft lips him gently, made his body shiver and crave for more, but unfortunately, the bathroom’s door opened, made Taemin rip his lips away from him and jump from the bed.

Yoobi hadn't noticed how tensed her father was when he suggested to help her to choose her clothes, she hadn’t even noticed the small kiss Minho tapped on his cheek on his way to the bathroom.