Kyungsoo

City of Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

002: Kyungsoo

 

I knew most of the people in my classroom and vice versa. However, that doesn’t mean we really knew each other or were friends. Solely, I only had one best friend and that was Bomi. We go way back that I can write a whole timeline of our lives together. I’ll leave that for another chapter in my book.

 

You know how classes are basically randomized based on what teacher you have, class size, and period slot. Well, our schedule collided. We only had one class together for the whole semester. As Bomi exclaimed, “This is blasphemy, we are legit taking the same classes, yet how are we not in the same class!”

 

Thus, I didn’t really have anyone to truly interact.

 

As for how the other three came into the my life, let’s just say they were an interesting turn of events. Let’s start off with the first boy who slipped into my life junior year.

 

Chemistry. The classroom setting was the only different one in this school. We have high rise black tables and stools unlike the usual tiny desk that leaves barely any room for a textbook. There are sinks connected to the tables for experiments and in case of dire actions for an explosion to occur.

 

“That’s what I’m saying! Why would they build a shower head and drain with no pipes to collect and transport the water. It makes no sense.” Jongdae conversed on the other side of the room with his friends.

 

He continued with more details. “The computer room is located below us. If one of us were dying and had to pull the water, you are basically destroying 30 computers. In reality, who would be the one to pay?”

 

“Ohhhhh, that would for whoever mixes the wrong chemicals and causes an accident.” Baekhyun naively commented and shuddered over his own words as the others added their ideas.

 

Half of the room decided to talk about how stupid it was for the person to construct the school if the student’s safety is a priority for the school district. I actually agreed with what Jongdae mentioned, but the words never left my mouth and lingered in my brain.

 

Miss Lee had an emergency phone call and family matters that had her rushing out the classroom door after calling to get a substitute. Baekhyun wished her a safe journey as she thanked him and scrambled out. Once the noise of her heels clacking on the tiles faded away, the majority of the classroom was ecstatic and up on their feets.

 

Miss Lee was one of the youngest teachers here, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t intelligent. You know how it is said that experiences sometimes triumphs academic achievements. People learn from their mistakes and others, and that is a building foundation in life. She was an exception. She was too brilliant for this international school, accomplishing more than the average person.

 

Even a brilliant person doesn’t have the ability to relay all of their knowledge to the next person. In teaching, you have to find some methods to teach and relay the material effectively. As well as love what they are doing to dedicate themselves wholeheartedly.

 

Simply put, there are teachers who could teach and couldn’t teach. Miss Lee was the latter.

 

She could accomplish much more if she was a researcher or an occupation that would continue to test her brain and skills. It was questionable as to why she accepted a job position here when her face was plastered on the headlines of the local newspaper. She could've been somewhere else, but decisions people make always have leave something for th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter