The Beginning

City of Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

001 The Beginning

 

 

How must it feel to be a freshman in college? Is it the same feeling as graduating middle school and starting anew in high school? Unless you’re like me who attended a small, local high school than pay to be student in a private school, there isn’t much to it. Where everyone around you is one or two feet taller than you as you try to slither your way down the busy hallway. The place where dating starts to bud and people start caring more about their appearance and academics.

 

But college. Could I do it? Everyone had their worries and maybe some were just excited to move out of their house and into a dorm where their parents aren't hounding them to do their homework. A sense of freedom. It wouldn’t be much of a change, but the majority of people always had a cloud bubbling over asking them. Will I be able to endure four years here? High school was already hell.

 

People say college is the place where you make friends that last a lifetime. And I believe in that. However, that doesn’t mean I want to lose my current friends. In high school, it’s only people from that area that you saw everyday since toddler ages. However, in this group were dreams. Dreams that couldn’t be accomplished if they all went into the same field, same school, and same place. Dreams were meant to be fulfilled by an individual’s desire and everyone was different. We are unique. We were all meant to walk different paths, destined by a string of fate. College was the perfect example for adventure. But also, it was a place to meet new people.

 

Kyungsoo ended up being in my class as the others had different classes or free time. The one thing that the two of us didn’t seem to possess unlike Jongin and Baekhyun was popularity. The boys were handsome and more sociable. Nothing against Kyungsoo, but we were two peas in a pod when it came to being more talkative and outgoing.

 

I wanted to change myself. I wanted get rid of my old characteristic that people would give me whenever the teacher asked students to characterize one another. Quiet, Timid, Humble, Smart. They were all positive simple words, but after hearing the same thing, it just proved how everyone thinks wrong of me.

 

Yes, their words are true, but I am much more. Ask the other trio if people don’t believe me. Yet then again, the boys had tried to explain, but it never stuck in their heads. They moved on and wanted to befriend my friends and not really me. I don’t need fake friends, all I need are people who would stay by my side. I guess that’s where I stayed silent in my own world, but still the sweet person I am.

 

Kyungsoo would always brush them off like flies if they seemed unwelcoming to me and I adore him for that. We were the bookworms and partners in crime. And that was all I needed.

 

Baekhyun and Jongin on the other hand were too nice for their own good.

 

Baekhyun can talk on and on with so much positivity that I never understood how much energy was instilled in that boy. He used to talk with our school’s most hated chemistry professor with a smile. Behind the scenes we all knew he was terrified to his bones. The whole school knew the professor adored him through their random talks about chemicals used in cleaning products for clothes. He was a teacher’s pet alright.

 

Jongin on the other hand was different. He had the looks for sure and that itself attracted a lot of hormonal teenage girls to our group. His speech could be improved though. He was blunt and honest most of the time that it put him on a ‘bad boy’ list I overheard one day in calculus. They even blurted out his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter