02. Under The Snow

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen To This Song While Reading <3

 

The following day, Kwangmin went out early after finishing making Kimchi for his father and Youngmin. He hurried and hailed for a taxi then went to the Hospital to meet his doctor again.

He never told anyone about this; but he's been keeping secrets with the Doctor.

Doctor Kim Donghyun gave him the medicines he needed and after that, he hid it in his pocket.

He was already in his uniform, so after talking to the doctor he just went straight to School when he accidentally bumped into Minwoo. He didn't notice that he dropped the medicine Doctor Kim.

"Oh, Kwangmin-ah..." Minwoo said. He was glad to see Kwangmin. "Why in a hurry?" he asked.

"I thought... I was late." Kwangmin reasoned.

"You're on time, let's go." Minwoo extended his hand but Kwangmin didn't grab it. He just nodded and walked first. Minwoo watched Kwangmin walking away, he felt rejected again but he understood why Kwangmin was being like that. All because of Youngmin again, huh?

He was about to follow Kwangmin behind, but he found the medicine on the ground. He took it and glanced at its name.

"What's this?" he asked himself and remembered when he bumped with Kwangmin. "Hyung dropped this," he thought and was about to call Kwangmin but he changed his mind. He wanted to know what it was for first. "This isn't for stress..."

He watched Kwangmin going inside the School and when he was finally in, Minwoo ran out of the school. Well, he was too curious. He felt as if Kwangmin is hiding something, and it's something really terrible.

This is really familiar, he thought to himself as he looked at the medicine he was holding. But Kwangmin dropped this, it just can't be.

Afterwards, Minwoo arrived in the Hospital and went to see Kwangmin's Personal Doctor, Kim Donghyun.

"What's this for?" Minwoo put the medicine on Dr. Kim's table.

"Oh, that. Where did you get that?" Dr. Kim asked.

"You know me, Dr. Kim. I am Kwangmin's best friend, and he dropped this. Why does he have this kind of medicine?"

"Well---A--about that..." Dr. Kim stuttered. "I---it's not... It's not his."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. I'm not lying... If --- if , I--I am lying... I should be-- stu--stuttering---" Dr. Kim himself gasped and met Minwoo's dark eyes.

"You are stuttering... Does that mean..." Minwoo blinked his eyes to hold back his tears.

After class, Kwangmin searched for Minwoo but he couldn't find him. He went to his house where his mother is living, and took the book "Crossroads". He read the book again, and after an hour he went out with his winter coat on.

He hasn’t eaten dinner yet, but he wanted to make sure Youngmin didn't skip his dinner.

He went to their DVD store and there he found Youngmin and his father eating together; chatting and laughing. Kwangmin's heart felt at ease when he saw them happy, especially his brother.

He went back home again, he ate dinner with his mother and just like what Youngmin did to their father, he made his mother happy.

"So, have you heard about your brother?" His mother suddenly asked.

"Ahm, not really..." Kwangmin sighed.

"Really? But his father called early in the morning. He said he wanted you to accompany Youngmin."

"Huh? Where?"

"Your great Grandparent's old house. Youngmin said he wanted to stay there for a week but your father won't let him go alone. You should go with him."

"Does Youngmin even know that father wanted me to come?"

"Hmm... Yeah," she sounded unsure.

"And what did he say about it?" 

"I don't know. But he looked really glad." Kwangmin doesn't even know if it was a lie so he would go.

 

Youngmin's Point of View

It was Saturday morning when I packed all my things and went to get a Taxi to live alone in my great grandparent's old house. It would be snowing there, but I have always loved that place. It was always a warm place where there's a fireplace, and only one room. Thinking about it, I missed my grandparents. I wanted to just stay there, think of nothing else and just relax.

Shortly, I arrived and paid the driver my fare. I carried my bag with me and stepped out of the taxi. 

When the taxi disapp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter