05. I Would Do Anything

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISTEN TO THIS SONG WHILE READING <3

 

"Kwangmin-ah...Don't give up...I'm sure you'll survive the chemotherapy."

"What are you talking about?" Their mom asked; stunned of what she had heard.

Youngmin spun his head and looked at his mother with shock expression.

"Mother..."

 

There was silence for a moment. No one said a word. Their mother just cried, covering to keep from whimpering. Kwangmin was just quiet, not crying or saying a word. He was just clutching his chest, as if it would stop the pain.

He was afraid to come out anymore. Afraid to see his mother. Humiliated of himself.

When Youngmin finally opened the door with the key, he helped Kwangmin get to his feet. Kwangmin glanced down at his mother who was now sitting on the floor, still crying.

He wanted to hug her so much, but he couldn't. Instead, he pushed Youngmin lightly and went up the stairs alone.

During the night, Youngmin and his mother had a private conversation. The next day, Youngmin brought Kwangmin to their great grandparents’ home. Their mother had said that it would be better to stay there for a while...

 

Youngmin's Point of View

We've been missing school lately. Mother said she'd take care of it, but as of now, she said I need to take care of Kwangmin. She's afraid our father might know, she's going to tell him soon because it cannot be kept a secret.

Kwangmin was still confused because I never told him anything. But it was for his own good.

Later Kwangmin asked me to watch the sunrise with him.

We were heading to the beach but then Kwangmin got tired.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Hyung, let's take a break. I'm tired." He said breathlessly.

"The sunrise might disappear..." I whispered and then looked at him showing him my bright smile. "I'll piggyback you."

"Eh?"

"Come on," and so I carried him on my back. He wrapped his arm around my neck. We continued walking before the sunrise.

"Thank you, Hyung." He whispered, tickling my ear.

I just smiled.

"For everything... And for hiding my book..." he continued sadly, closing his eyes as he talked. My eyes widened when he mentioned about the book, but I continued walking.

"But Hyung... I want to see it before I die..." He added. I felt my tears wetting my cheeks. "And I also want you to keep it. Hyung, can you do it for me? Please don't refuse me. You're going to hurt my heart."

Silence.

"Hyung... Answer me."

Silence...

"Please, hyung..."

"Okay..." I replied in a brittle voice.

"You're the best, hyung..."

"Anything for you, Kwangmin-ah..."

Afterwards, we arrived in the beach. My legs were getting tired already, but I didn't want to put him down. A golden ray appeared in the sky, slowly moving across the sky. I called Kwangmin to see it too. 

"Kwangmin-ah, look!" I exclaimed.

He wasn't responding.

"Kwangmin-ah..."

He was just aslee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter