dreams come true

Sorry For Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I am apologizing very dearly to all my readers here. First of all, I supposed that my working life has knocked me out and second I totally forgot that I had two accounts and had an unfinished story.

So, here I am trying to make amend : )

 

 

The world doesn’t stop turning. There are a bright screen on her laptop, the laughs and banters around her table. Like nobody’s watching.

 

The world might not stop turning, but Taeyeon’s does. 

 

“This is the see you soon that I get?” 

 

Taeyeon freezes. She can’t do anything but stare widely and forgets the bright screen on her laptop because of the girl in front of her is brighter than anything around her.  The girl that she has been called out when she sleeps, the girl that has made her chest hurt the most, the girl that always makes an appearance in her dreams. She asks herself whether it’s only her dream and why her dream is so cruel to her until Sooyoung nudges her.

 

Jessica Jung stands with arms folded together in front of her table. In a snapshot from two years ago, a girl that used to have brown hair, a girl that used bare-faced, a girl that used to wear a uniform now transforms into an elegant young lady with blonde hair, a little makeup on her face and fashionable clothes. 

 

Jessica really looks good, Goddamnit, she’s painfully beautiful. And somehow got hotter. For the first time in a long time, maybe too long. Taeyeon’s heart hammers wildly in her ribcage.

 

“So, this is the see you soon that I get?” her voice snaps Taeyeon’s thought to reality.

 

“Jessica?” she calls, testing the familiar name that she tries to bury in .

 

“Yes, that’s my name, or have you forgotten already?” she says again, her tone coming off sassier through her honeyed voice that Taeyeon has been craving for years.

 

She wants to say How could I forget about you, but she only remains like a statue, saying nothing but staring. 

 

“You must be Taeyeon, right? Jessica’s told me an awful lot about you,” The girl behind Jessica pops out her head and starts to talk. Jessica on the other hand fights the urge not to shove her friends. She forgets to bring the tape around to shove Tiffany’s mouth. But somehow it is the truth that she says awful things about Taeyeon a lot.


Sooyoung steps into the place in the bad time as she says, “But, Taeng always told me a wonderful lot about you.” 


“Of course, Jessie is wonderful,” Jessica’s friend answers again, “But, just sometimes.”


As in cue, Jessica sends a death stare at her. However, for all the things that are holy Sooyoung finally being  a good friend to Taeyeon and she grabs Jessica’s friend's hand and points to somewhere, “I know a very good burger place around here.”


Sooyoung sends a very playful wink to Taeyeon. Meanwhile, Jessica’s friend sends, oh no, she screams, “Don’t misbehave, Jessie.” Through their shoulders.


Jessica brings back her attention to Taeyeon after a deep sigh. 

 

“Her name is Tiffany. Sorry, she could be more embarrassing than this,” Jessica says, unapologetic.


Jessica doesn’t get her replies, Taeyeon somehow only bites her lips like she wants to say something but she holds it. Jessica doesn’t know this Taeyeon anymore.


She changes her tone more apologetic, “I’m sorry, I really meant it.”


“I didn’t mind,” Taeyeon answers, quickly.

 

Silence falls over again.

 

Taeyeon thinks of all of the most comforting words to say, like How are you have been or You look good. But, damn , Jessica is staring too hard. She almost forgets how to breathe.

 

She ends up playing with her own fingers. Like a little child ready to get nagged by their own parents after playing too much outside.

 

She can hear Jessica’s sigh out loud, it is not a sign of annoyance, only a little disappointment.

 

“I’m sorry,” she says instead and all Jessica sees is a flash of guilt on Taeyeon’s face.

 

Jessica blows out a sigh again, more than a sigh of relief, “I’m glad you are talking,” but Taeyeon is more than glad that she’s facing Jessica because she’s way too real.

 

“How are you?” Jessica asks with her dry tone like she isn’t interested in Taeyeon’s answer at all but Taeyeon knows the sparks in her eyes always betray Jessica. 

 

Taeyeon bites her lower lips, unsure how much of the past three years she’s willing to spill. “I’m doing fine,” she says, unable to add How about you? Did your crush go well?


“So, when will you go back to California?” she asked instead. 


Jessica expects this. So, she rolls her eyes and mutters almost to everyone.


“This is not so Taeyeon.”


Taeyeon is smiling for the first time they have met, at least the genuinely one. Like she supposes to be.


“Okay,” she says between her smile, “Are you free tomorrow?”


“What’s wrong with today?”


A-lines on her lips grow wider, “So, tonight?”


Jessica nods. She wants to reach Taeyeon’s phone on her side, but something caught her attention.


“What is this?”


“Oh,” her voice falters, “That was my drawing.”


Judging by the way Taeyeon see her own drawing and there’s a disappointed look on her face.

 

Jessica wants to ask but, "Jessie!" she hears her friend scream from the outside. Tiffany could be useful sometimes. 


“Wow, what’s wrong with this atmosphere?” Yeah just sometimes, but she all the time is annoying as ever.


“Oh, Taeyeon,” here comes Sooyoung’s voice, pops her head to the right side, “I thought you have dumped those draws.”


Taeyeon starches her head, “Yeah, I forgot.” She has that awkward smile again.


“Jessie,” Tiffany's voice distracts her when she wants to ask about those stupid drawings, now Tiffany is whining, “C’mon, we're almost late for the theatre.”


And Taeyeon has that stupid awkward smile again. Like she wants to tell, “It’s okay you can go.”


Tiffany already shoves Jessica’s body halfway, but she can feel a hand touch her with the smile that she knows, that for a long time she doesn’t see.


“See you tonight?”


But her words are too ache for Jessica. 


“You’d better keep your promise.”


Taeyeon laughs, wholeheartedly. Like their old time. 


“I will do.” She says between those dimples.


From far away Tiffany screams that she will arrange their meeting tonight through Sooyoung, so she doesn’t have to worry about their meetings later.


“Wow, you look between happy and torn at the same time.” Sooyoung chirps casually when the shades of Jessica are out of sight. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon can feel a hand slap her arms, she responded with a weak scowl, “What?”

 

“You are zoning out again,” Sunny says, completely ignoring the way Taeyeon scowls, “I mean you usually did this zoning out department, but it has gotten worst these days.”

 

“What distracts your thoughts lately?” Sunny adds.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter