"I almost don't recognise you"

My Comfort 내 위안 | Na Jaemin

FRIDAY

After school ended, you quickly went home as your mum said she needs your help. "Hyeji! Do you come to practice tonight?" Chenle asks you before you exit the school. "I.. Let's see. I don't know about that " Chenle just nodded and you sprint your way home.

"Mum.. I'm here" You panted. "Oh, good honey. I need your help to send this food to your sister, she haven't had her lunch. It's already 3 p.m. I make some for you so that you can eat with her later." As soon as you heard that, you hesistate. You going to the hospital? You thought of Jaemin. It has been a while since you chat with him.

"Go quick change your outfit." Your mum said as she transfered the cooked food into tupperwears. You just grab what you see and just wear it as you decided that after you eat lunch with your sister, you will straight away go to NCT Base. It's weekend and your mum will be going to work in a while, so she'll probably won't be angry if you stay at the base. You pack your bag too with extra clothing and snacks.

 [ This is your outfit, imagine the girl's outfit with shoulder length hair and wearing a pink cap. Make it more complete, with blue converse]

After completing your look, you went out and see that your mum is also getting ready to go work. "Here" Your mum pass the packed lunch and wear her shoes. "I'm running late!" Your mum gets the car keys and quickly enter the car. "MUM! AFTER I SEND THESE LUNCH I'LL BE GOING TO THE BASE OKAY?" You could hear your mum shouted an okay so you went straight to the hospital with a bus.

Arriving at the hospital, you ask for your sister at the receiptionist. "I'll call your sister, while that you can wait at the chairs." The female worker kindly said and you went to sit there. It has been a while since you come to the hospital. This is your playground since the hospital provides best kids corner for the kids here, when your sister first work here, you always follows her to work as your mum will be busy at her work. Your sister gives you money to buy at the cafe and you would spend your day at the kids corner or small library with loads of books or the rooftop where the garden is.

"Yoo Hyeji" You heard your name being called and you look, its your sister. You walk to her with a smile. " Here you go, your lunch!" You said which made your sister chuckles. "I have some little work to do. I'll be back before 4.30. Here, stay in my room or maybe you can grab us some drinks." Your sister handed you her keys to her room and walks away. You take a look at your watch. It's just 3.50 p.m. You place the lunchbox on her table and walks out to grab drinks.

Arriving at the cafe, you thankfully sigh, It's a luck that I bring my purse today. You ordered a chocolate and strawberry milkshake for both of you. The orders arrives in minute and you look at your watch again. There's still a lot of time. You decided to take a visit at the rooftop.

You look at its surrounding, there's no people here but the view is still breathtaking. The green plants are very healthy. There are more benches now. They even place exercising equipments. You take a sit on one of the benches and slurp your chocolate milkshake. You take out your phone and texted your mum that you have safely arrive at the hospital which your mum replied with a smile emoji.

Suddenly, a figure sits next to you, but you didn't notice as you are busy reading NCT chatroom. They are arguing about to have chicken or pizza. You replied " just buy both" to the group.

"You look different, that I almost don't recognise you, Hyeji" You are shocked to hear a voice coming from your right. You look at the person. It's the person that you have been longing to see. You couldn't utter any words. He looks different too. He's more handsome and manly. 

"It takes you a long time to come here, right?" Jaemin asks with a smile. He soon notices that you still haven't speak. "Did I shock you that much?" He looks at you in the eyes, which made you feel embarrased. What Jaemin did after that makes you shocked. He hugs you. "Don't be so silent. I'm not used to see you like this. Well, now that you look like a girl, my heart beats faster. Those days, I always had to remind myself that you are a girl that I need to be careful with what I said and did." He your hair. You reply his hug by hugging his back. "I miss you" You utter. This comfort, that you have been missing, is now here again. The warmth that you like and the scent that he always had. It's still there. "I miss you too" Jaemin said. He push you a bit to take a look at your face. "You are very pretty now." He holds your cheek which make you shy. This shy behaviour that you have, only Jaemin can pulls it out for you. Jaemin chuckles. He holds both of your hand. "So, how have you been doing?" He asks.

"I'm well, like this. Healthy maybe?" You reply his question. You chit chat for some time, trying to catch up with each other.

"I will go through a surgery tomorrow." Jaemin said carefully. " What surgery? Will it be safe? Are you gonna be okay after that?" You curiusly ask him which made him chuckle, then he nods. "Yes, Then I'll be able to join the competition with everyone." He smiles. This news makes you very happy that you hug him again, making him shock. " I'm glad you'll be back." You said , Jaemin continuously your hair.

After you drop Jaemin at his room, you walk towards your sister room, smiling happily that you finally got to see Jaemin. You open the door and saw your sister inhaling the food. "Hyeji ah where were you? I was too starving that I could not wait for you. " Yooji said, wiping . Your mum had made spaghetti for Yooji while egg rolled for you. You sit beside your sister and hand the strawberry milkshake to your sister. "Buying this" You said, opening up the tuuperware off egg rolled.

Your sister just nod.  "Hey, I heard that Jaemin finally will have his surgery. Do you know about it?" Yooji asks. You decided to pretend that you didn't know. "Oh really? When is it?" You ask her. "Tomorrow afternoon. I hope he'll recover fast so that you would stop missing him so much." Your sister teases you which made you choke on your food. Your sister laughs while handing you a mineral water bottle. "When did I even" You said under your breath but your sister heard it. " Your Mcbook and phone's screen says it all" Yooji said then she quickly stands up to clean the tupperware. "Y-You saw it?" You are startled. Both your Mcbook and phone's screen is the photo of you and Jaemin before the competition. It was taken by Mark and was sent to NCT chatroom. In the photo, you and Jaemin were playing games on each other's phone. Mark captioned it  'When people are busy getting the choreograph right, but these two are busy playing games' in the chatroom.

After the late lunch, you bid your sister goodbye and take the bus to the cafe. You grab another milkshake and walk to NCT base. It was near 7 o'clock when you arrive. You could see your members are practicing. You smiled looking at their effort. "Hyeji!" Seul Min waves at you as you walk to the sofa and drop your bag. 

"Hey guys. All right! Now let's practice till our legs weak!" You shouted and make the other members quickly got in their position. That night, you texted both your mum and Yooji that you'll be staying at the base with the others as it was already 1.30 a.m. and you guys wants to hold a morning practice. 

After you change into another clothes, you lie on the blankets that Taeyong and Johnny had spread it out on the floor. On your right is SeulMin while on the left is Chenle. WIthout exchanigng goodnights, you went to sleep.