First fight

My Comfort 내 위안 | Na Jaemin

MONDAY

You packed your bag after classes ended. "HyeJi-ah" Chenle nudges you and pointed at the door. Seul Min is standing there, waiting for you. You slung your bag on your shoulder and walk to her. "Why?" You ask. "Nothing, just eyeing that new boy." Seul Min said , smiling while looking at Dareum. You sigh and put your hand on her cheek making Seul Min look at you. " Better not. " You said. She raises an eyebrow asking for a reason but you decided to drop the topic. "Let's go. The meeting is in 5 minutes ." You said. Not forgetting Chenle, you said to him that he should be going home first, since you will be going to school magazine's meeting.

"Dareum's handsome! Can't wait to interview him later!" excitedly Seul Min said, you just shook your head, sighing.

During meeting, Chan, the director of the magazine told all the members that the students photography session will be held next week and he assign you to take individual picture of school role models, including all the captains. While Seul Min get to interview the role models. "Hyeji ah, you are in the list too! My friend is doing great with her grades aye" Seul Min teases.

After the meeting, Seul Min wants some smoothie so you had to accompany her. 

"HyeJi-ah." Seul Min started. You answered her in hum.

"I'm so relieve that you actually decided to grow your hair when you take break from NCT. But, will you come back and join us for this competition?"

All this year when you are in NCT, you always had your hair short like boycut because you want to fit in with them. Because that time, Seul Min wasn't in the team yet. But after Seul Min joined, she always ask you to grow your hair because she felt like she's the only girl in the team but you insist giving reasons that you don't like your hair when its smelly. But after Jaemin accident, you told the team that you wanted a break and you grow your hair which is now shoulder-length. Before you got to answer her question, you saw a boy is bullying someone. You take a closer look and saw both of them are your classmate.

"Woojin-ah!" You called out making both of them stop. Woojin is badly hurt, while the other isn;t, it's Nam Dareum. You push Dareum away and check on Woojin. "You okay?" Woojin just nod, hiding his face. You turn to look at Dareum but just to see that he already had his bag on, ready to go. "Hey you transferee! You should apologise now!" You state. But Dareum just scoff before giving you dead glares. "Didn't I make it clear that I don't want people to get involve in my life?" And he walk away just like that. "AT LEAST APOLOGISE ! HE'S HIS PARENTS SON! YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO BULLY HIM" You shouted so that he could listen but he just walk , exiting the school.

You take a look at Woojin again, you sigh. You rummage your bag and found an ointemet and plaster. "I'm sorry about him. Here, apply it quickly so that it will heal and not leave any scars on you." You handed the ointment to Woojin. He quietly thank you and you help him to get up. Woojin said that he could walk home so you let him go.

You look at Seul Min. "Let's go get your smoothie." 

"Woah. I can't believe that's Dareum. I'm unstanning him" Seul Min said and you just chuckle.

-----

It's almost dinner time when you arrive at  home. you are greeted with very good smell of your mother's cooking. "Omma, I'm home!" You said. "Oh, Hyeji. Get change and come here. " Your mum said from the kitchen. Entering your room, you saw YooJi is in her nurse attire. "Going work again?" You said, while you put your bag on your study table.

"Yeah, we're out of staff now. It's tiring. I don't recommend you to work as a nurse in the future." YooJi said making you chuckle. "Don't worry. I'm not interested." You went to shower and clean yourself.

Dinner is always happening when there's Yooji since on usual day only you and your mum is available. Your mum always ask about your life which made you happy. Eventhough your mum is busy with work too, she manage to give love to her kids. After dinner, you bid your sister goodbye, and went to do your homework. Like always, you updated your blog first before you go to bed.

-----

WEDNESDAY

Early in the morning, you bid your mom goodbye and walk to school. But you met with Chenle at the bus stop. "Lele!" You called him out making him turn. "Oh hi Hyeji! Are you going to walk to school today?" Chenle ask. "I wanted to, but I think I better take the bus as I have many unfinish homework." You stand beside him. "Aigoo, how are you the best student in our grade? Not finishing to homework " He laughs. " Grades have no relationship with homework okay. All you need is focus!" Hye Ji stated which only made ChenLe nods, lazy to make a comeback against you.

The bus arrives and both of you take a sit. 

"Hyeji, we're going to gather to plan about the competition. If, if you want to compete too, will you come?" Chenle ask you, looking at you in the eye.

"I'll think about it,okay? I can't promise anything." Hyeji just said, hearing about the competition does make her jumpy, excited to join but she just had many things to think over.

"Don't think too long okay?" Chenle pats your head. "Then, your brain will burst." He started his teasing which made you automatically pinch his thigh. Chenle groans in pain as he receives the pinch. 

Arriving in your class, you quickly take out your math homework and did it quickly while Chenle is just, sleeping again. That's what he do nowadays, sleeping before class start. While you are doing the math work, you could hear noises from outside the class, but you ignore, thinking that it's boys just excited to learn today. It turns out that it's Dareum and his on-level friends. Dareum make an eye contact with you, but you quickly broke it. Annoyed as you remember what happened on Monday.

As he walks pass you, he purposely pulls your table a bit, making you wrote a long number 1. You groan, more annoyed as he didn't apologise. It took Chenle by surprise as he could feel your table moving. He looks at Dareum. "You are acting rude. You should apologise if you ran into someone." Chenle said. 

"I. ran into the table. Should I apologise to it?" Dareum said, which made his friends laugh. Chenle is obviously annoyed by it, but you calm him down by smiling to him, "I'm okay." You mouthed. Chenle fix your table position and went to sleep again. You erase your long 1 , and solve the question again. 

For the first subject, you've got sports so, you take your sports attireand went to change it in the restroom. Chenle has waited for you in front of the restroom and walk with you to the sports center. 

"Okay students. Today we'll be playing basketball. So I want boys to divide into two. We'll see the boys play first." You wish Chenle goodbye and went to sit with your girls classmates. "Hi Hyeji!" One student name, Hye Eun greets you happily and ask you to sit next to her. You are very friendly with your classmate, and that's why they gain trust in you and pick you as the class president, which normally the position is for boy.

Chenle is good at basketball. So you have no worries about him. You look at Dareum, he's in the same team with Chenle. You just shrug. Game is just a game you said to yourself. The teacher blew the whistle and the match begin.

Now, the match is okay for Chenle's team as he scored 2 goals in the basket. You are proud whenever Chenle holds the ball.  You remembered when he first transfer here, you found him playing the basketball alone. Just like that, both of you become friends. Suddenly, Dareum took the ball when Chenle is holding it. Everyone was surprised as Dareum tries to shoot, but didn't get in. Chenle's team was shocked.

One more time, Chenle is ready to shoot the ball in the hoop but Dareum took it as he push Chenle to the ground and tried to shoot for it. But once again, it didn't enter the hoop. This time, Chenle's team is annoyed.

"What are you doing?! Chenle's is in your team! You should let him shoot as his shoot always scors it!" One of your classmate shouted. Dareum kept his face still and not reacting to the hate. Chenle look at you but you just smile, doing a little fighting sign. "Here. here. Let's stop the game so nobody will get hurt. Okay girls, you can enter the court now.You pass Chenle his water bottle and he gave you a high five as a goodluck. 

You are not that bad at basketball, as Chenle has taught you during your first meet. So, you get to score 1 while the others score for your team. The girls teams shows very good teamwork which made your teacher smiles . The game ended with the opposite team winning. You said a good job to your team and walk to the benches, grabbing the bottle Chenle hold for you. "Okay students we'll dismiss now. You should change your uniform and that's all for today"

With the cue you said what you has to say. "Attention, bow." And all of you bow, thanking the teacher before going out from the sports center. "You play good, today" Chenle said. "Just good?" You look at him. "Yeah, because I'm better than you" He sticks out a tongue. You push him a bit and made him stumble. "Ya!" Chenle responded and you ran away into the girls restroom. He laughs alone, when he know he can't enter the restroom.