Baby, I've Been Saving This for You

Perfect's for the Urgent (Baby I Want Forever)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

edited/slightly changed (and hopefully improved) as of 8/29/2018

unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes. ♡

also warning: mentions of alcohol! 

 

~

 

“Uhm-” Baekhyun cleared his throat, “You guys are kind of hurting me.”

A fake smile formed on Jongin’s face and he let go of the shorter’s arm. “Sehun, can I talk to you for a sec?” Baekhyun looked at the two of them in confusion as they walked out into the backyard. As soon they were out of Baekhyun’s sight, Jongin lightly shoved Sehun with a frown. “Dude, what are you doing?”

What was he doing? Sehun had no intentions of starting trouble when he arrived at Jongin’s house tonight, yet here he was. “What do you mean?” he feigned innocence. 


“Oh god, don’t play dumb. You know what I mean!” the other hissed. “I thought you said you didn’t have a problem with me going out with him?”

Sehun crossed his arms against his chest. He was not going to back down this time. "Well I changed my mind.”

Jongin scoffed, “What do you mean you changed your mind? You guys were never even dating. He doesn’t like you.”

Rage quickly rose up in Sehun’s chest as his hands balled up into tight fists. He had known Baekhyun since high school, Jongin’s only known him for what, a month? It was unbelievable that Jongin was acting like he knew Baekhyun better than him. “This is like the second time you’ve guys met up, you barely know him. Do you even really like him?”

Jongin scoffed, “Of course I do, he’s cute.”

The other rolled his eyes. “Cut the bull, Jongin. I mean actually like him. I saw the texts from Soojung the other week, I know you guys are hooking up. What do you want with Baekhyun?”

“Don’t you think you’re a hypocrite asking me that? Come on, Sehun. We both know you don’t exactly believe in monogamy.”

How dare Jongin act like he knew everything about Sehun. “Things are different now. Baekhyun’s different, so stay away from him.”

“You don’t own him, Sehun. He can make his own choices and he obviously didn't ing want you.”

Sehun was fuming, to say the least. His eyes quickly filled with resentment as he rolled up his sleeves before impulsively lunging at the other, ready to throw a punch to his smug face. He quickly was stopped when his best friend intercepted and forcibly dragged him away. “Dude, don’t do this. It isn’t worth it, Baek’s gonna be pissed if he finds you started a fight with him,” Chanyeol urged. Sehun took a deep breath and reluctantly turned away, trying to calm his temper. He seriously couldn’t believe Jongin. He was suppose to be his friend, how could he do this to him?

Dragging him away, Chanyeol tried his best to unwind his friend, though Sehun wasn’t the easiest to talk to when he was angry. “Kyungsoo told me everything, are you okay?”

“Do I look okay?” Sehun scoffed, feeling a bit guilty at his harsh tone. He knew Chanyeol was just trying to make him feel better. Just what had his life come to. It was New Year’s Eve, he was in a house full of people he barely knew, forced to watch the guy he likes and his “friend” flirt. This wasn’t how things were supposed to be. Chanyeol had never seen the other caught up on someone like this before. Sehun rarely ever had deep feelings for anyone, really.

“You...really like Baekhyun huh?” Chanyeol timidly asked.

The other male sighed, buried his face in hands before looking up at his best friend and nodding.

“You should tell him then.”

 

 

Baekhyun had no idea what had happened between the two after they stormed off together. Jongin refused to tell him, only brushing him off with a forced smile when he asked if everything was okay. He could tell things were definitely not okay , but he promised himself he would try to keep Sehun out of his mind tonight.

That was definitely easier said than done, especially when he could feel the other’s gaze burning holes in the back his head the entire night. Baekhyun spent most of the night with Jongin, who was rather excited to introduce him to his other friends. The party was relatively peaceful compared to other ones he had been to, besides the noticeable tension between Jongin and Sehun. Jongdae was great at keeping the mood up and making dumb jokes to keep Baekhyun somewhat distracted. He was very glad that he dragged Jongdae along with him.

After having a beer Baekhyun was already feeling tipsy, settling down on the couch to keep from accidentally bumping into anyone or anything. Jongin joined him, plopping down right beside him after his sixth drink or so. Baekhyun felt a bit embarrassed he was such a lightweight. It was about ten o’clock, just about a couple more hours ‘til the countdown, so Hyejeong suggested they pop in a movie while they were waiting since everyone was starting to settle down in the living room anyway.

They all voted on a movie, Dumb and Dumber won and Baekhyun was more than happy with their choice since comedies were his favorite. Hyejeong put the DVD in before taking a seat next to Jongdae on the floor and immediately leaned into his chest. A small smile tugged at Baekhyun’s lips at the sight. They’ve had always been such a cute couple. About ten minutes into the movie and Baekhyun could feel the alcohol working it’s magic as his head slowly fell onto Jongin’s shoulder. His eyelids felt heavier and heavier with every minute passing.

Jongin was fast asleep next to him, his head propped up by his arm and his breathing already slow and steady. Cute , Baekhyun thought. He was just about to close to his eyes when he felt the cushion of the couch beneath him dip. His tired eyes shifted, absentmindedly checking to see who had just sat down next to him. Sehun glanced at him, making eye contact with the other before reverting his attention back to the screen, acting as if nothing happened. Baekhyun swallowed hard as he slowly lifted his head up from Jongin’s shoulder.

His body felt tense as he sat upright to put some space between himself and Sehun. Their thighs touched when the taller shifted, spreading his legs a bit as he leaned back onto the couch to get comfortable. They were barely touching, yet the slight movement had Baekhyun warming up. He hated Sehun for having this effect on him.

He willed himself to keep his eyes straight and his attention on the movie, which was working for while. That is until Sehun happened, again. Baekhyun in a breath, his body freezing when he felt Sehun’s larger hand grab onto his own and pulling it down in the space between their legs so no one else could see. He felt the taller’s warm, slender fingers sliding up and down the palm of his hand, sending a shudder up his arm.

The shorter quickly glanced around the room to see if anyone noticed before giving the other male a look of disbelief when Sehun was still maintaining his usual, stoic face, still looking at the screen in front of them. The taller’s fingers slowly drawing circles in his palm had Baekhyun’s mind blanking and heart racing. Half of him hoped Jongdae would cause a distraction with that loud voice of his and the other half of him didn’t want Sehun to stop.

He was finally snapped out of his stupor when everyone erupted into laughter at a funny scene from the movie, nearly causing him to piss himself as he retracted his hand away from the taller as fast as possible. Sehun gave him a look of both hurt and confusion as he watched him suddenly stand up. The shorter mumbled a quick “bathroom” before scurrying off while everyone was still trying to calm down from hysterical laughter.

As soon as he reached the safety of the bathroom and the door closed behind him, a long sigh slipped past his lips. Baekhyun looked at himself the mirror, noticed how his cheeks were slightly flushed. He sighed once again. He looked at the hand that Sehun had touched just moments ago. The t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter