As the Pressure Builds, So Does the Tension

Perfect's for the Urgent (Baby I Want Forever)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

edited/slightly changed (and hopefully improved) as of 8/29/2018

unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes. ♡

 

 

Sehun paled at the other’s words, felt his mouth go dry as Baekhyun struggled to maintain eye contact. "W-What do you mean you wanna end this? End what?"

The shorter swallowed hard before explaining further. "End our fake relationship, you know like officially 'break up.' There's no need to keep it going since Kyungsoo and Chanyeol are already dating..." The look of sadness on the other's face made Baekhyun's chest tighten in a way he didn't want to admit. He really didn’t mean to hurt him like this. He didn't think this would himself so much either. 

"Oh, right," Sehun said softly as he nodded. Neither of them looked at each other as they kept their gazes on the table. Silence greeted them soon after. Baekhyun felt like crying again. And why was that? There was never anything going on between them in the first place. They barely spoke to each other before the whole ordeal. It should've been easy for Baekhyun to end this. Whatever this was. It should've been been easy for Sehun, who never even wanted to do this in the first place. Why was Sehun making this harder for him? This shouldn't be difficult for either of them. Yet here Sehun was, quieter than ever with a look of disappointment that made Baekhyun want to take back everything he said. But he knew he couldn't do that.

"I-I guess I should go now. Thanks for agreeing to the plan and helping me. I-I'm glad we got our friends together, they would've been too dumb to do anything about it other wise," he awkwardly laughed.

Sehun quickly reached out to held onto the other’s hand, stopping him before he could walk away. "We can still hang out right? Like as friends?"

Baekhyun swallowed hard. He wanted to say yes. As he looked into the taller's hopeful eyes, he wanted to open his mouth to say yes, but something inside him stopped him from doing so. "We were never friends, Sehun. Just admit it. We were never friends before this. You only saw me as one of your potential hookups."

"Wait Baek-" Sehun swore he felt his heart break as he watched the other pull out of his grip and walked away.

 

 

 

What he was expecting to come out of this whole situation, Sehun didn’t know. He did not expect, however, for this to happen. Baekhyun sure had come out of nowhere and knocked down on his without even realizing it. He had to admit, he had only seen the other as a potential hook-up at first. Even though it was true, it stung to hear the words come from the other’s mouth.

Things were different now. He was different now. Sehun completely whipped by Byun Baekhyun and the other didn’t even know. Sehun groaned, letting his head fall from his hands and onto the wooden table. He should’ve stopped Baekhyun from leaving; he should’ve said the truth about how he felt. Now he just felt like a pathetic, lovesick puppy that just got abandoned by its owner.

“Hey Sehun.” His eyes perked up at the voice, disappointment immediately washed over him when he realized it wasn’t who he wanted it to be even though he knew that wasn’t Baekhyun’s.

“Oh, hey Kyungsoo.”

“Thanks again for getting Baek last night, he’s such a ing idiot I can’t believe he went to a party and got drunk like that even though he was alone,” the shorter male sighed, “Speaking of him, do you know what you’re getting him for Christmas yet? I thought you might need help on what to get him so I came up with a list of things he’s been wanting if you needed ideas?”

Sehun's chest tightened, feeling even more heartbroken if that was even possible. “Oh uh, I probably won’t need it- you know considering we just broke up. Or I guess it’d be better to say I got dumped,” he chuckled tiredly.

Kyungsoo slowly relaxed his shoulders, giving the other boy a sympathetic look as he thought of what to say. As much as he hated to admit it, he was starting to warm up to Sehun. He thought he and Baekhyun made a rather cute couple. Sure they weren’t the most perfect pair; he often caught them bickering over dumb things, but Sehun seemed to really care about Baekhyun. And that was exactly what his best friend needed.

“What happened?” he asked hesitantly.

The taller sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “I don’t know. If you find out, let me know yeah?”

 

 

2 missed calls from Kyunggie ♡

Kyunggie ♡ : hey sehun told me about the breakup 5:00 PM

Kyunggie ♡ : are you ok? 5:00 PM

Kyunggie ♡ : baek please answer me  5:05 PM

To Kyunggie ♡ : I'm fine! 5:06 PM

Baekhyun had been lying on his bed in silence, staring up at the ceiling ever since he got back to his dorm. He would be lying if he said he didn’t cry at a least a little bit when he reached the comfort of his bed. Why he cried, he didn’t even really know. Kyungsoo had been trying to get ahold of him for half an hour now. He hadn’t intended on telling him that he and Sehun broke up, at least not until a few days later when he was ready to talk about. He felt guilty for ignoring his calls and pretending like he was okay, but he couldn’t help it. He was dreading the conversation to come.

About fifteen minutes passed without another word from his friend. Baekhyun was somewhat grateful until the other barged into their shared room with a concerned look on his face. “There you are! I’ve been looking for you at your classes, but I’m guessing you ditched all of them today,” Kyungsoo frowned.

Baekhyun forced a smile as he sat up. "Yeah I’m still feeling a little messed up from last night. I thought you had class right now?" Kyungsoo sat down next to him, pulling him for a hug and Baekhyun could feel the tears pricking at his eyes again. "I ditched cause I wanted to make sure you were okay idiot, why didn't you tell me?"

"Of course I'm okay," he let out a tired chuckle, "I'm the one that broke up with him remember? And I didn't wanna ruin your morning with news about my horrible love life."

"Yeah but still. Have just been lying here all day? You know you can tell me if you're not okay, Baek."

"I'm fine! Really. I'm just still a little hungover from last night," he said  with a forced smile. Of course he wasn't okay. But the last thing he wanted to do was talk about it. He didn't even know what there was to talk about.

Kyungsoo pressed on when he realized Baekhyun wasn't going to open up. "What happened? Sehun didn't tell me why you guys broke up. Did you guys have a fight last night? I don't understand, I thought everything was going fine."

The other shook his head and fell back onto the bed, face first into his pillow. "I-It wasn't really a fight or anything. I don't know I just- I just got bored you know?" His words came out muffled. 

"You guys were really cute together. Are you sure you can't think over things? I mean I think there's something you're not telling me. You'd never just dump someone for such a dumb reason. Are you just scared that things are moving to fast? I'm sure Sehun would be fine to slow things down if you'd just talk to-"

It was all too much. He had been holding in everything for so long that he couldn't control the word vomit forcing its way out his mouth. "It was all fake, Kyungsoo!"

Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed together in confusion. "What-"

"Our relationship, it was fake,” Baekhyun snapped, “Everything was about it was fake. I never liked him and I never will. We were only pretending to date so we could get you and chanyeol together okay? There's nothing going on between us." He took a deep breath, exhaling slowly after he finally exploded. The other male sat there quietly, his eyes shifting from Baekhyun then down to the floor. A part of Kyungsoo had known something was fishy, but he never thought he’d be right. "I see..." he breathed out.

The other tensed at his tone. He had known Kyungsoo for years, he knew the other was disappointed in him. Even if he didn’t want to admit it. "A-Are you mad,Soo?  I'm sorry I lied to you but you were suspicious at first and it was all I could think of to throw you off."

Kyungsoo sighed, rubbing his face with his hands. "No I'm not mad. I kind of had a feeling you guys were pretending anyway."

"Then why are you asking me all this? Why are you trying to get us to make up?"

"Because I can tell you guys actually like each other and whether the relationship was fake or not!"

Baekhyun didn’t want to hear that. He wanted Kyungsoo to say that he and Sehun didn’t belong together. He wanted to hear something that would make his mind clearer. Why was everyone making this harder for him? “I really don’t wanna talk about this anymore, Soo. I’m gonna go out, I need some air. D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter