Phase One: Initiation

Perfect's for the Urgent (Baby I Want Forever)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

edited/slightly changed (and hopefully improved) as of 8/29/2018

unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes. ♡

 

Baekhyun took pride in being the world’s best matchmaker, though his friends would call it meddling in people’s business.

And he didn’t know why because some of his classmates wouldn’t have relationships right now if it weren’t him. He was just a natural born cupid, he thought. Junmyeon and Kris had been crushing on each other since high school, both too afraid to say anything and now they were in a happy relationship and they owed it all to Baekhyun- he made sure they never forgot it.

Hyejeong didn’t even know Jongdae existed before Baekhyun arranged for them to ‘accidentally run into each other’ and now they were close to celebrating their two year anniversary. If that wasn't good, he didn't know what was. Not everyone was open to his services though, one of them being Kyungsoo.

The thing about Kyungsoo was that he was not one to fall for people often. So when he did, he fell hard. Kyungsoo had only been in one serious relationship in the eleven years Baekhyun knew him and it didn’t end so well to say the least. Kyungsoo has refused to crush (or admit to having one) on anyone ever since.

He and Baekhyun had been best friends since elementary school. Baekhyun knew him like the back of his hand and vice versa. That being said, he could tell when Kyungsoo was lying about 90 percent of the time.

Kyungsoo's full lips were pulled into a frown as Baekhyun examined his face. “I do not like Chanyeol," Kyungsoo stated. Baekhyun didn’t know his best friend even bothered trying to lie to him. He could obviously tell the other was very much so in denial about his feelings. He had seen the way they looked each other in class and around campus whenever they would run into each other.

He sighed, “Are you sure, Soo?” 

The other didn’t take his eyes off the page of his book as he listened to his friend. “You’ve been asking me this for past week and my answer hasn’t changed,” he deadpanned, “so yes, Baekhyun, I’m sure.”

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes as he leaned back against the wall. “You know I can tell when you’re lying right?”

“No idea what you’re talking about,” Kyungsoo muttered under his breath.

The other sighed once again, “You know it’ll all be easier if you’d just stop denying it and let me help you.” Why was everyone so against his help? 

Kyungsoo immediately shut his book close, shooting his best friend a glare. “If you even try to pull that crap you did to Junmyeon and Jongdae, I’ll stab you in you sleep.”

Baekhyun groaned and fell back onto his bed after Kyungsoo left their dorm, probably to go vent to Jongdae about him.

 

 

Baekhyun hated his english class. Three hours of reading and writing with his boring professor? No thanks. All that was horrible and all, but the absolute worst part of that class definitely had to be Oh Sehun. The two of them had known each other since high school. Meaning Baekhyun had hated Sehun since high school. He didn’t exactly have a specific reason or anything; Sehun wasn’t an ex that cheated on him or broke his heart. He was just an .

Sehun was one of the best players on the basketball team and he sure as hell was not afraid to let anyone know. Typical cocky and obnoxious jock, he was disgustingly flirty and full of himself. Baekhyun had never met someone so arrogant and rude before in his life. Their first encounter was during practice one day when Baekhyun was stopping by to give Kris his phone after he left it behind in class.

“Hey uh- do you know where Kris is?” Baekhyun asks one of the team members when Kris was nowhere to be found. 

Sehun looked up at the cute boy in front of him before smirking and shifting his attention back to putting on his sneakers.

“Maybe.”

Baekhyun waited for the taller to continue, impatiently tapping his foot against the wooden floors when he didn’t. “So can you tell me where he is?”

“That depends.”

The shorter scoffed, “On what?”

The other abruptly stood up, a little too close to comfort and caused Baekhyun to take a step back as Sehun’s height surprised him a bit. "On whether or not you’ll give me your number.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, fighting back the urge to kick the other. “Wow...I can’t believe you actually go around saying things like that,” he sneered, “And aren’t you that guy Joohyun’s dating?”

Sehun shrugged, “We aren’t exclusive.”

Just before Baekhyun was about to tell Sehun he’d rather get punched in the face than date someone like him, he heard someone call out his name.

“Hey Baek, Kyungsoo said you have my phone?"

“Yeah, here,” the shorter angrily mumbled.

“Thanks," Kris smiles. "And oh this is Sehun, coach says he got a lot of talent. Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter