Home Sweet Home

Unattainable Dream

Later that day 

I just entered home and took off my shoes. The first thing I did was to sit on my couch and turn on the TV, who tought that the first day of school would be so boring - maybe it was because I was alone. 

"Eun-Mi darling what did you do today ?" asked my mom tidying my clothes  

"Nothing much mom, the teacher explained some rules that we should follow in class : not to talk without her permission, do our homework whenever she gives us, participate in class when she asks a question, to be respectful toward everyone etc. and we sang a song" I answered still staring at the TV

"Well that's great ! And did you opened up to someone and make some friends ?" she asked eagerly waiting for a response 

Friends - that word hit me. I'm not used to this, not used to talk to everyone because I'm afraid of the impression I give so how could they like me ? In class, nobody wanted to sit with me and even at the recess nobody wanted to talk with me. But I was at fault too, I should have interacted with someone. Moreover, what the girls did to me earlier was horrible. I'm not saying that they should have helped me (although it would have been better) but putting the blame on me when they were wrong was inhuman. How could people be so mean to others ? Anyway, I should have defended myself or complained to someone. Why am I so dumb ? Yeah Eun-Mi you are just DUMB and PITIFUL. Admist all these thoughts chained together, the helping hand of Jongin was my only comfort. Just then, his smiling face came to my mind. Actually it's not THAT bad, atleast I have someone who I can speak to. Can I consider him as a classmate? Or as a friend ?

"I don't know if he's a friend mom but he is the only person I talk to at school, his name is Jongin" I replied with a pinch of doubt in my voice

"Jongin ? That's a nice name -  Is he kind ?" 

"Yes mom, actually he is the epitome of help and benevolence. By the way he is the one who helped me when I f- " 

OMG why did you bring this incident Eun-Mi, you're so dead ! 

"Helped you when what ?" frowned my mom, I could tell by the tone of her high pitched voice that if I don't say the truth, she will assume that a bad thing happened. Knowing her, she will report it to my father and it will lead to the worst scenario that could exist.

I started panicking, I couldn't possibly say that he helped me when I fell down while playing and that I hurt my knee pretty bad to the point of wrapping a bandage around it. What could I tell her ? 

"H- H- He helped me when I  f- f.. f- farted in class !" 

I just realised the stupidity I said and wanted to slap myself ! Of all the weird things you could have said, why did you tell her that you farted in class Eun-Mi. Mom looked at me with an unreadable expression, her eyes looked like two big moons and she suddently started laughing like a maniac. 

"Ha ha ha ha hah ahaha !!!!  You what ? - You farted in class Eun-Mi ? My goodness !  What was wrong - maybe the bear-shaped cereal I gave you this morning didn't totally get digested ? " She was shocked but more like surprised as she couldn't control her laugh. "In what way did the boy helped you ? I'm curious" she asked preventing herself from laughing.

" My fart was heavily heared and everyone started laughing then the teacher asked who it was and Jongin was the only one who knew that I did that thing. He saw that I was embarassed to death and he lifted his hand to indicate that he was the one who farted". I quickly answered before running to my room. 

I threw myself on bed and tought about what happened just now - I cooked up a story about a certain "fart" to not make my parents worry about me. Yes, Eun-Mi you lied and your parents taught you that it's a bad thing, you should always be honest but it's just a little wound on my knee not like I lost a leg or something. I lifted my skirt to have a clearer view of my wound, as it was covered with bandage I could only see little stains of bloods popping up on my bandage. Maybe, if he wasn't there at the moment I would have still been crying and the staff would have called my parents. Thank God that Jongin was there. I heard the door opening and hid the wound with a blanket. My mom appeared with a smile on her face.

"Eun-Mi, him taking up the "blame" for you was a heroic thing which deserves to get an award. I didn't know that someone could do this, that boy is indeed kind and helful. Next time, try to control yourself a bit dear. Luckily he was there for you, if not I don't know what would have happened - You might even tell me that you want to drop out of school" she sarcastically exclaimed before closing the door. 

As mom said fortunately he was there to help me, just then a thought popped into my mind why not writing this on my diary? I made my ways to my desk and opened the draw to find a navy blue colored book. I took a pen and started writing about the incident and about him. Little did I know that this was the beginning of me writing about my feelings for him.