Friends ?

Unattainable Dream

I looked up and got a glimpse of a little boy whose face was painted with worryness. He was tan-skinned and had plump lips. He looks like the boy who sat in front of me during the class but I couldn't remember his name.

"It hurts" I answered preventing myself from crying in front of him

He bent down and looked at my bleeding knee before saying

"Let's go to the infirmary, here let me help you" 

And he wrapped his hand around my shoulder to help me stand. It was very painful and I couldn't walk properly but he was by my side so I just leaned on him. Luckily the infirmary was located near my classroom and in no time we were there. The boy knocked on the door and a middle-aged women who was wearing a long white coat appeared. She was wearing thick glasses like mine and had a stethoscope hanging around her neck. When she saw us, I could tell that she was shocked to see two students in the infirmary the very first day of school. 

"Doctor, Eun-mi is hurt, please help her" the boy pleaded to the women

She looked at me covering the wound with my hand and told me to enter in the room. She made me sit in a bed which was covered with brand new white sheets and took off my hand to have a clearer view of the wound. 

"You hurt yourself pretty badly my dear, how did you injure yourself ?" she asked while applying some white-liquid to remove the blood which was coming out

"I was playing skipping rope and fell down" I replied hanging my head down - I feel so ashamed.

When the liquid touched my wound I let out a little scream which scared the boy. He scrutinized her every movement and let out a sigh when she wrapped my knee with a bandage. 

"Here it's perfectly fine now ! Don't worry my dear, you can remove this bandage in two days" she smiled 

"Thank you doctor !" I said fixing my glasses which were about to fall down

She then went to her desk and opened a draw which contained different varieties of candy. She picked two lollipops and gave one to the boy and one to me. We both thanked her and left the room. We were walking in the corridors silently but I knew I had to break the ice between us. 

"Hmmm... Thank you for helping me" I shyly said 

He just looked at me and smiled 

"You're welcome, is it still hurting ?" he carefully asked 

"Yes but it's better now, see I can walk" I replied while moving my leg

We both laughed and made our ways to the classroom and just then I remembered that the doctor gave us a lollipop. I took it from my pocked to see that it was a mango flavoured one. I was really disappointed because I hate mangoes. 

"Hey, what flavour did you get" the boy asked

"I've got a mango favoured lollipop and you ?" I replied 

"Green apple - I hate this flavour" he admitted - "Do you mind if we exchange our lollipops ?" he cutely asked

I was smiling like an idiot because green apple is my favourite flavour. Looks like the luck is by my side today !

"Here, take it" I offered my lollipop to him and he did the same

We were happily eating our lollipops when I suddently asked him : 

"I forgot to ask you, what's your name ?"

I don't know why but I wanted to know his name and befriend him. Maybe I'll finally have a good friend in this school. He gave me a big smile before saying 

"I'm Jongin"