Regret

Unattainable Dream

[Eun Mi POV]

A beautiful evening could be seen that day : a shining sun slowly radiating warmth, trees moving their green-colored leaves welcoming the fresh breeze of spring. Sounds of bird chirping could be heard and there was me. 

Sitting alone in a park crowded with people. Kids were playing hide and seek, couples were holding hands and older people were simply sitting together probably reminiscing the good old days. I often came here with my two friends when I was young and we used to play like these kids. Never worrying about the future nor thinking about the past, we just wanted to be genuinely happy. But now, everything has changed because of that person. 

That someone who believed in me, who taught me how to stand up for myself. That someone who cheered me up and helped me during my bad days. That someone who always made me his priority but most importantly that someone who taught me how to love. My thoughts were suddently disrupted when I heard someone screaming my name. 

"Eun mi !" 

There she is, a pale-faced tall girl with wavy long locks running up to me. 

"What are you doing here ? Do you know what time it is ? I have searched you for the past 30 minutes and you are chilling here. We should go back home, everyone is waiting for us"  she said heavily panting 

I don't want to come I mean why should I ? Is there any point of me being there ? I would only get hurt once more and I don't have to ability to bear this pain. I'm really tired of this can't you understand ? 

These words couldn't escape my mouth only a sigh could be heard. The truth is I don't  want to go back because if I do so, I know ....  I know I won't be able to put a smile on my face while my heart is bleeding I will regret this forever blaming myself for the rest of my life. But if I refused she would forcefully drag me and in the end I would be home. Without having a choice I just nodded my head.

Few minutes later, we were walking together passing by the restaurants and cafes. I didn't say anything because she would know that something is bugging me so I just kept quiet and looked in front of me following her footsteps. She suddently stopped in her tracks and turned around to face me. 

"Eun Mi, did something happen ? Why are you so quiet ?"  she said with a pinch of worryness in her tone 

I was taken aback by her question but I managed to tell her that I was just tired and worried. 

"What are you worried about ? You are the kind of person who worries for everything - even the little things that seem meaningless. Tell me what is troubling you ?" she asked relaxing a bit 

"What else Krystal ? I'm only worried about your wedding. I mean everything is fixed, your appointements with the hairdresser, the makeup artist, your wedding gown, the chruch, the wedding ring ... Everything is ok but I don't know why I'm stressed". I responded

She put a smile on her beautiful face and told me that she feels exactly the same 

"You know Eun Mi, I'm really lucky to have a friend like you in my life- more like I feel blessed. Sometimes I ask myself what would I do if you weren't here during all these years. What if I didn't meet you ? I would have wasted my life and be the old brat I was back then. Thank you so much for being with  someone who is hard to be with " she said sincerely "And at the same time, tomorrow will be the new beginning of my life. I'm gonna share my life with my loved one in front of you ! Oh Gosh, I'm both excited and stressed what should I do ?" 

Her face was filled with happiness and excitment and it made me happy ...

I wished I could say that but I'm just lying to myself once more.

I'm only good at that I only know how to hide my feelings and let the sadness consume me. In fact, I really didn't know how to feel toward the situation should I be happy because my bestfriend is going to marry or should I be crying because she is marrying the man I love ?