Maps

Better that We Break

His name is Sean. 

He is tall, handsome, kind, but also weird. He has a very deep voice, which is good because it calms me down every time I hear it. He acts randomly. That's his weirdness. Sometimes, he will shut everyone down when he's upset, but sometimes, he will call me at midnight to just talk about his problems. Sometimes, he dissepears, and when that happens, I can't do anything, but cry.

Our first meeting is actually embarrassing for me. So that time, I was a junior at high school and he was a sophomore. My ex-friend and a poor girl came to confront me. It was because I said to her that my ex-friend was a playboy and he was not serious with her. I said it because she was kind of stalking by boyfriend to get closer to my ex-friend. That time, my relationship with my boyfriend was not very good. We just got back to each other after I forgave him for cheating on me. So I was having a trust issue that time. I wanted her to stop bothering my boyfriend by telling the truth that the man she fell in love with was not worth it for her. However, it seemed like my ex-friend made it looked like I didn't like him, so he said that I made a false rumors. Finally, they confronted me in front of every body at school. She yelled at me by saying, "I can handle 10 girls like you, now in front of me there's only one girl. So, what do you think I can do?"

"I'm telling you the truth. You should stop trying to be his girlfriend. He's a liar. He has a girlfriend right now."

My ex-friend said, "That's a lie. I don't have a girlfriend." And my heart crushed. He was my friend. He lied in front of me for other girl. That time, he was no longer a friend for me. I cried in front of many people. I cried because that poor girl wouldn't listen to me, and I cried because I saw a cruelness from my own friend."

Then, he came to rescue me. He stepped out from the crowd and said, "I see a girl is crying and that doesn't make me happy."

"Who are you? Get out! This is not your problem!" said that poor girl angrily.

"It's my problem since I saw that there's a coward between you girls."

"What did you just say?" asked my ex-friend.

Sean stepped up to him. He was definitely higher than my ex-friend. He then said, "You are a coward! The next time I see you around this girl, I'll make sure you regret it!" He turned around, reached my hand and took me away from them.

From that time, I fell in love with him. His deep voice, his tall body, his short black wavy hair, all of them, are perfect. He's like an oasis in the middle of dessert. Very calming.

I looked at his back while he took me away from them. There's no way turning away. There's no map for that. Little I realized that I would always looking at him from behind.