Sugar

Better that We Break

"You're just too sweet to taste. Like sugar."

I opened up my eyes and realized that I had a nightmare. It's so creepy until I cried. I picked up my phone and called him. It took a while until he picked up.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He said.

"Yes. Sorry. Did I wake you up?"

"Oh..." He yawned "You should go back to sleep. It's 2 am. You can tell me about it tommorow. Don't worry, it's just a dream."

"Okay. Good night." I finally got calm.

It would be much nicer if I could hug him. However, that would not be possible. In fact, I should be grateful to have him able to pick my call at two in the morning. Yeah, you know, man would naver be satisfied. 

I went to the kitchen to get some water. As soon as I got back to my room, I played a song, a very sad song, and cried. Again.

I woke up in the morning to know that there were 5 missed call from him. I must be very exhausted. I didn't call him back because it's already 11. 

I rushed to the bathroom and took a shower. The hot water calmed my body. It felt like a very tight hug. Warm and nice. That made me think about him. Again.

"Oh... I must be very stupid. I have to stop!" I said angrily to myself.

Do you know that sweets could kill you? 

Yes. I felt like it could kill me. Not the real sweets as candies, desserts, or chocolates, but hope. Yeah, it could kill you slowly. 

Hope is a super dangerous thing. A nation could rise from a suppression because of hope. Did you remember what President Snow in The Hunger Games was afraid of? He was afraid that Katniss would give hope to his ciziten. 

It happened to me. The hope. In the Hunger Games, it lead them to the new era. The good one. However, mine, it felt like a disaster.

I needed to stay away from the sweets. I needed stop hoping that something would change. I needed to stop.