CHAPTER 4

THE ONE [ON HIATUS]

Baekhyun was standing infront of the mirror as his shirt was lifted up. His bump was starting to show as he was entering his third month of pregnancy, but because of Chanyeol large shirt, he was manage to hide it very well.

“Hi baby, how are you doing in there? You’re healthy right? You know what, omma will work hard so we will live better ok? So, you need to grow healthily arasso?..” said Baekhyun lovingly as he rub his belly softly.

“Baekhyun, are you in there?..”

Baekhyun was startled as he heard the deep voice of Chanyeol calling for him.

“Yeah.. sorry, I’m almost done.. wait a minute..” said Baekhyun as he ready himself to go out.

“No need to be rush, just want to ask you for dinner.. are you free tonight?..” ask Chanyeol.

“Wait, I’ll go out..” said Baekhyun.

“Oh.. ok..”

Baekhyun open the door and meet with the taller who standing not far from the bathroom.

“So, you free tonight?..” ask Chanyeol impatient.

“Yeah.. what time will we go out?..” ask Baekhyun.

“Around 8, is it ok?..”

“Yeah..”

“Ok then..”

_________________________________________________________________________

“Can you finish that?..” ask Chanyeol as he look at the variety of dishes infront of him.

“Wae?..” ask Baekhyun as he look at the taller.

“It’s just so many, I don’t think we can finish that..” said Chanyeol.

“You said that I can order anything I want.. I’m sorry, is it too many?..” ask Baekhyun guilty.

“No, no.. just, I’m just wondering if you can finish all of that..” said Chanyeol.

“It’s ok, I can eat all of this as I now was eating for.. no, I mean I’m very hungry right now, really hungry..” smile Baekhyun. He almost said that he is eating for two, damn his mouth.

“Really?..”

“Yeah.. eat a lot..” said Baekhyun.

_________________________________________________________________________

When Baekhyun was busy stuffing his face with all the dishes, Chanyeol notice something hanging on the smaller neck, it looks like a pendant with a unique locket.

“Your locket.. it’s beautiful..” comment Chanyeol.

“Hurmm?..” Baekhyun stop eating as he look at his locket and smile.

“It’s from my late mother, Kris was the one who gave it to me.. it’s beautiful isn’t it?..” ask Baekhyun as he hold the locket closely.

“Indeed.. but Baekhyun, can I ask you something?..” ask Chanyeol.

“What is it?..”

“What is the relationship between your parents and Kris family? It seems that you both have some connections right?..” ask Chanyeol curiously.

“Urmm.. Kris didn’t told you? I thought that both of you are bestfriends..”

“We are, but we are indeed a rival actually..”

“Ohh..”

“So?..”

“So what?..” ask Baekhyun confuse.

“You didn’t answer my questions..” said Chanyeol.

“Ah.. about that, my mom and Kris’s dad is cousin.. that’s what I know, and my parents always helping Kris family business, so that’s why.. and after my parents dead and because I don’t have any other family members left, Kris family ask me to stay with them.. so, it happens..” said Baekhyun.

“Oh.. I thought that you’re stay with your adopted parents, you told me when I met you for the first time during high schools..” said Chanyeol surprised.

“It’s true.. Mr and Mrs Wu is my adopted parents, I’m surprised that Kris didn’t told you..” said Baekhyun as he always thought that Kris and Chanyeol is truly bestfriends.

“He’s a sunbae, I don’t get too close with him during high school..” said Chanyeol.

“I see..”

“So.. how’s your life now?..” ask Chanyeol suddenly.

“What?..” ask Baekhyun back a bit confuse.

“I mean.. after all of this, about what happened.. you’re doing good?..” ask Chanyeol again.

“I was..” said Baekhyun nonchalantly.

“But..”

“No but.. it just, urmm.. well, nothing can be done now, it’s not like time can be undo back even that was what I really want right now, so.. yeah, I’m doing fine..” answer Baekhyun as he shoot a small smile to assure the giant.

“Really? It’s good then, do.. do you.. do you still love him? I mean.. Kris? Do you hate him, after what he was done to you?..” ask Chanyeol as he really curious of what Baekhyun feeling right now after what Kris had done to him.

“I.. urmm.. honestly, I don’t know what to feel right now, it was so sudden.. and no, I don’t hate him, and for the word love, I don’t know what to say.. it feels false to say that I don’t love him, but if I say that I love him, it feels wrong too.. I.. I don’t know..” said Baekhyun as he shaking his head and feels like the urge to cry.

“I see.. and I’m sorry for bringing it up.. Baekhyun? Baekhyun.. are you crying? Oh no, no.. I didn’t mean to, I’m sorry..” said Chanyeol panic as he look at the now crying Baekhyun, and now they were being center of attention there as everyone was watching them.

“I’m sorry.. I’m just a bit emotional tonight..” sobbed Baekhyun as he wipe his tears. Damn his hormone.

“You really ok? I’m sorry Baekhyun..” said Chanyeol apologetic.

“No, it’s fine.. my fault actually, and.. people was looking at us..” notice Baekhyun as he look surround him, almost everyone was looking at them.

“Indeed.. you make me like a bad person..” chuckle Chanyeol.

“I’m sorry..” said Baekhyun.

“It’s fine, lt’s go.. we go somewhere quiet..” said Chanyeol as he stand up.

“Urmm.. where?..”

“You’ll see..” said Chanyeol without answering Baekhyun’s questions.

_________________________________________________________________________

 “Chanyeol stop!..” shout Baekhyun suddenly when they were in the car.

Chanyeol immediately stop as he thinks something must gone wrong.

“Wae? Wae? What is it?..” ask Chanyeol panic.

“Spicy ramyun.. let’s eat that..” said Baekhyun as he spot the ramyun restaurant.

“You.. you want to eat ramyun? But we just have our dinner 5 minutes ago.. are you still hungry?..” ask Chanyeol surprised, his voice was a bit higher as he was in a surprise state.

“I.. I.. urmm, nevermind.. I’m sorry, continue driving..” said Baekhyun shaking his head as he look down.

“Wanna eat?..” ask Chanyeol as he look at the smaller beside him.

“No, no.. no need, let’s go home..” said Baekhyun as he shaking his head. Actually, he had a long craving of spicy ramyun, and when he spot the ramyun restaurant, he was so happy.

“You sure? We can eat it if you want..” said Chanyeol again.

“No, no need.. let’s just go home right now..” said Baekhyun although he really want to get out and eat that ramyun.

“Ok if you said so..” said Chanyeol as he continue driving.

_________________________________________________________________________

“Urk! Urk!.. urh..” Baekhyun slump again to the toilet bowl as the nausea keep hitting him.

It was his routine every morning, and thankfully the morning sickness occur in the early morning when Chanyeol isnt awake yet. But today, it seems that the morning sickness really hit him hard that he spent over an hour in the toilet.

“Baekhyun? Are you in there? I heard you throwing out, are you ok?..”ask Chanyeol knocking the door.

He was awake about 15 minutes ago, but when he want to go to the toilet it was locked and it seems that Baekhyun was in there. But when the smaller didn’t come out, and he heard the retching sound comes from the toilet, it make him worried.

“I’m fine.. I’ll be out in a minute.. wait..” said Baekhyun weakly as he slowly hold himself up to be standing.

_________________________________________________________________________

After a while, the door open, revealing a deadly pale Baekhyun.

“Hey.. you’re ok?..” ask Chanyeol approaching the smaller. He was holding Baekhyun’s arm securely because it seems that Baekhyun gonna fall down soon.

“I’m fine..” smile Baekhyun as he tap Chanyeol’s chest to assure him.

“You look really pale, wanna come to the clinic? I can accompany you..” said Chanyeol again, worried can be seen over his face.

Baekhyun just shoot a small smile and he slowly shaking his head. He can’t risk Chanyeol going to the clinic with him, and then Chanyeol will know about his pregnancy and then he will chase him out of the house.

Honestly, Baekhyun thinks that his pregnancy will make someone feel a burden, just like when he got a job at the Hunhan Café, every of the staff was very kind to him just because he is pregnant, and then badmouthing him when he wasn’t there. But he just ignore them and work hard to prove to them that this pregnancy wasn’t going to stop him from doing his job properly.

“You sure? Then today, just.. don’t go to work.. stay at home, get a rest ok?..” said Chanyeol as he help the smaller to his bedroom again.

“I can’t.. I promise Kai to replace him today, he’s taking a leave today..” inform Baekhyun.

“No excuses, I’ll tell Luhan later.. you’re sick right now, you can’t work in this state..” said Chanyeol firmly.

“I can.. I can work, I’m not capable, I’m just pr.. just.. urmm..” stuttered Baekhyun.

“You just what?..” ask Chanyeol as the smaller didn’t finish his word.

“I can work..” said Baekhyun again.

“I know you can work, but.. right now, you’re not feeling well.. and you need to rest ok? I’ll make you some porridge, just stay here..” said Chanyeol as he tuck Baekhyun down with his blanket.

_________________________________________________________________________

“I’m sorry..” blurt Baekhun. His porridge remain untouch beside the bed.

“For what?..” ask Chanyeol as he eyeing the porridge that he made a while ago. It seems that Baekhyun didn’t even taste the dishes at all.

“For troubling you..” said Baekhyun almost whispered.

“Who said that you troubling me? You’re not.. for almost a month you stay here, I never think that you troubling me Baekhyun, who said that?..” ask Chanyeol staring at the smaller.

“I.. I’m the one who said that, it just.. I’m the one that always troubling you, I just feel that, and I feel sorry to you..” said Baekhyun.

“You’re not, ok? You know what.. I’m happy that you here, at least I have a friend to talk to, to eat to.. but I think you’re not appreciate that, you’re not happy staying in my house right?..” ask Chanyeol as he pouting.

“No, I really like it, you’re helping me and I’m very glad at it.. why you said like that?..” exclaim Baekhyun quickly.

“Because it seem like my cooking didn’t please you.. is my porridge look weird? You didn’t even taste it..” said Chanyeol as he playfully crossing his hand over as he pouting towards the untouch porridge on the side table.

“Oh.. I’m sorry, I’ll eat now.. but, do you have cucumber?..” ask Baekhyun as he take the porridge towards him.

“Cucumber? You want to eat that? Didn’t you hate cucumber?..” ask Chanyeol weirdly. It’s really weird, Baekhyun had always hate that cucumber. Even the smell of it, he just hate it.

“I just want to eat the porridge with it.. do you have it or..”

“I have, I have it.. wait a minutes, I’ll bring it to you..” said Chanyeol as he rush downstairs back.

_________________________________________________________________________

“Here.. anything else?..” ask Chanyeol as he hand the cucmber slice to the smaller.

“Thank you Chanyeol.. and urmm.. about Luhan, I’ll tell him about my absent later..” said Baekhyun.

“It’s done already..” inform Chanyeol.

“What?..”

“I already call him, and surprisingly he said ok.. he understand, he also said that things like this happen longer for the first timer.. I can’t understand that, what did he mean by that? When I ask about it, he just laughing at me and hang up.. that guy sometimes was weird isnt it?..” said Chanyeol as he turn to look at the smaller who seems to be spacing out.

“Baekhyun?..”

“Ah.. de?..”

“I’m asking you..” said Chanyeol.

“Urmm? What?..” said Baekhyun.

“Do you know what Luhan mean about that? About the first timer?..” ask Chanyeol again.

“No.. no.. I didn’t know..” shrug Baekhyun.

“Indeed.. Luhan was a weird guy, nevermind that.. just finish that ok? I’ll be in my room if you need me..” said Chanyeol.

“You’re not going to work?..” ask Baekhyun as soon as Chanyeol said that he will be in his room.

“No, I’m taking a leave today.. besides you’re sick, I need to take care of you of course..” answer Chanyeol smiling.

“Oh no, it’s ok.. I just need a couple of rest, don’t need to be worry about me, you can go to work Chanyeol..”’ said Baekhyun apologetic.

“It’s fine, beside I do really want to rest too.. so, it’s a good timing then, just rest ok..” said Chanyeol as he ruffle Baekhyun’s hair gently and went out from the room. Baekhyun face starts to blush looking at Chanyeol.

 

 

“He’s really good to me, and why is my heart start to beat faster whenever he touch me? Am I fall in love with him? But.. what about Kris?..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED…