CHAPTER 3

THE ONE [ON HIATUS]

 

“Anyeonghaseyo..”

“Anyeonghaseyo..” said the man at the counter.

“Urmm, I was wondering is there a vacancy here?..” ask Baekhyun.

“Oh, there is.. wait a minute, I call the owner..” said the man smiling at him.

“Ok..”

_________________________________________________________________________

“Ok, how old are you Baekhyun?..” ask Luhan, the owner of the café.

“I’m 23 this year..” answer Baekhyun.

“Ok, so may I ask are you married?..” ask Luhan as he glance at the wedding ring at Baekhyun’s finger.

“Urmm, yeah..”

“Pregnant?..”ask Luhan again as he can feel that this young man is in that current state.

“De, but.. it’s ok I can work.. I promise it wont get in my way to disturbing my works, I promise sir.. really..” said Baekhyun to convince him.

“You sure? I don’t want to tired you cause youre pregnant, and do you live near here?..”

“De, that house over there..” said Baekhyun.

“Are you Chanyeol’s spouse?..” ask Luhan in shock. Chanyeol didn’t tell him that he already married.

“No, no.. no, it’s not like that, I just live there.. cause.. urmm, he’s just helping me.. Chanyeol is helping me..” stuttered Baekhyun.

“Then, where is your spouse? You’re not living with him?..” ask Luhan again weirdly.

“I.. urmm.. we, we kind of.. getting divorce, urmm.. I’m sorry..” said Baekhyun as he wipe his tears that suddenly fall down.

“Oh, I’m sorry dear.. I really am, I didn’t know.. I’m sorry..” said Luhan apologetic as he hand out the tissue to the smaller.

“It’s okay.. it just, well things turn out like this.. it’s fine..” said Baekhyun smiling.

“And you’re pregnant with his child? What a bastard he is!.. leaving you like that..” exclaim Luhan angry. He really didn’t like a discrimination or repression to other carriers like him, it was really not fair to him.

“It’s ok sir..” said Baekhyun smiling.

“Just call me Luhan hyung, and of course you can work here Baekkie.. do you mind if I call you that..”

“No, it’s fine.. and thank you hyung..” said Baekhyun honestly.

“So, you can start working at 11 am until 5 pm, we have two shift and I assign you to morning shift, is it ok?..”ask Luhan as he type something on his laptop.

“Urmm.. can I switch to night shift?..” ask Baekhyun sheepishly.

“Oh, why?..”

“Cause..urm.. I still have morning sickness, so.. if.. urmm, but.. it’s ok, it’s ok.. nevermind that, I’m sorry..” said Baekhyun apologetic.

“No, it’s ok.. I can switch yours to night shift, it doesn’t matter..” said Luhan.

“Really? Thank you hyung..”

“Your night shift begin at 5 pm until 11 pm, is it ok?...” ask Luhan.

“Yeah, it’s ok..”nodded Baekhyun.

_________________________________________________________________________

“Is your wife pregnant?..”

“No he’s not..” said Kris quickly as he shaking his head.

“Then, what is this?.. don’t you dare to lie to me, you know what will happen if you lie right?..”

Kris look at the sonogram that Baekhyun’s left for him. He doesn’t want anything happen to his unborn child, his lovely child.

“Don’t do anything to my baby.. please..” beg Kris as he look at the man cross him. It matters for a second and his sight turn black after.

_________________________________________________________________________

“You’re working? Where?..” ask Chanyeol as Baekhyun inform to him that he will be working during their dinner together.

“It’s near your house, that Hunhan Café..” said Baekhyun.

“Ohh.. that café, I know the owner, what time will you go to work? I can drop you off tomorrow before I went to my office..” said Chanyeol.

“It’s ok, I got night shift.. it starts at 5 pm..”

“Night shift? 5 pm until?..” ask Chanyeol in surprised.

“11.. it’s ok, I can walk, it’s not far from here..” said Baekhyun.

“But.. Baekhyun, why you want to work?..” ask Chanyeol curiously.

“Well, I cant just stay here for free right? Besides I need money for my ba.. urmm, I mean for my living expense, yeah.. for my savings..” said Baekhyun as he look away from Chanyeol’s sharp gaze.

“Baekhyun, I really didn’t mind if you stay here, and also.. I can support you, you don’t need to work actually..” said Chanyeol as he look at the smaller. Sometimes, he feel that Baekhyun is hiding something from him.

“I cant stay without doing anything, it just.. urmm, not right.. you know, and I’m not your spouse, so I don’t want people to misunderstanding.. me staying at your house and with my conditions like this is enough for people looking at you weirdly and I don’t want to drop your reputations.. so, that’s why I want to work..” explain Baekhyun clearly.

“What do you mean by your conditions like this? Are you sick?..” ask Chanyeol as he eyeing the smaller’s body.

“Urmm.. no, no.. I’m not sick, just.. urmm, with my status.. you know I’ll become divorcee later right? So, I think it’s not nice for you to be seen with me.. you’re a businessman.. a famous person.. so, yeah..” said Baekhyun as he start to think that he was blabbering, and he know that Chanyeol was doubting him.

“Baekhyun, are you hiding something from me? Something that I really need to know?..” ask Chanyeol still looking at now nervous Baekhyun.

“Me? Urmm.. no.. nothing, I.. I’m.. I’m just tired, I’ll go into my room now..” said Baekhyun quickly as he stand up.

“Wait.. Baekhyun-ah..” call Chanyeol before the smaller went away.

“De..” answer Baekhyun as he turn to look at the taller.

“You know, you can come to me if you need someone to express your problems or concerns just, I’ll be gladly if you think of me like that.. I mean, we.. we’re friends right? I just don’t want you to feel like you’re being a burden ok? We help each others, right? so.. urmm.. yeah..”

“Ok..”

“Ok then, urmm..”

“I’ll go into my room first..” said Baekhyun.

“Yeah.. ok..”

“Ok, urmm.. good night Chanyeol..”

“Good night Baekhyun..”

“Jeez.. Park Chanyeol, what are you talking about?..”

_________________________________________________________________________

“I’m asking you for the last time, where is the documents?..”

“And I ing told you, it’s not with me.. I don’t know where it is, it’s been years since I saw that ing documents!..” shout Kris frustrated looking at the man who keep spacing front and back infront him.

“You’re hiding it right? You keep it and lie to us so we wont take it right? or.. are you hiding it with your wife? Oops, or.. should I say ex-wife?..” ask Kevin as he smirk looking at Kris.

“Don’t involve him in our business, he’s innocent!..” shout Kris back to him.

“Really? Looking at your behavior, it seems that the document is with him, right?.. where is he? Where is your wife? Where did you hide him?!?” shout Kevin as he starts to punch the man hardly.

“I wont tell you, and believe me.. he didn’t know about all of this you’re doing..” spat Kris smiling as he hardly breathe.

“Do we need to find him Kevin?..” ask Alex. Kevin just remain silent as he make a sign for them to not do anything. He then approach Kris again, whispering in his ears.

“You know what happen if I caught your wife right? I heard that he is beautiful, should I bring him here?..” whispered Kevin as he smile evilly.

“Lets go find that beautiful man!..” shout Kevin as he call his links out from the room.

“Don’t you dare touch him! Kevin!.. Kevin!..” shout Kris loudly in fear.

“My God! Baekhyun.. I hope you’ll be safe, God.. please save my wife.. please..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED…