Chapter 4

The Gold Coin

"Seulgi, you are literally the worst cook I have ever met. Like, the worst. Of the worst. I swear I saw the cake mix literally mutate into death mix when your hands touched it."

 

"Hey, I'm not that bad..." Seulgi whined again.

 

"Sorry, forgot to add that we spent the next 20 minutes fighting off the monster mix before going down to the store to get another one. You're so bad, I bet Irene could do it better than you."

 

"Do what?" Irene squeaked from behind.

 

"Irene! Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" Seulgi smiled while trying to awkwardly move over to cover the red velvet cake they had painstakingly made. (Okay, the cake Wendy had made. Seulgi provided the all important eye support - she swore Wendy would have taken hours more without her.) 

 

"You don't have to hide the cake Seulgi, Wendy told me all about it." Irene smiled.

 

"She what?" Seulgi glared at Wendy accusingly. 

 

Wendy smirked again. God, Seulgi was starting to hate that smirk. 

 

Just as Seulgi was pondering the 101 ways she could wipe that smirk off Wendy's face, she felt something small and vanilla-ish land on shoulder.

 

"Thank you." Irene whispered, voice soft and layered with a hundred layers of honey, carrying with it an unknown meaning and the promise of much more.

 

Seulgi blushed.

 

"Whipped." Wendy mumbled.

 


 

"I want more." Irene said, pouting.

 

Pouts by Irene were generally unhealthy for Seulgi’s heart. It was much too cute, with the combination of Irene’s squishy cheeks and pouty lips. Seulgi wanted to kiss the pout away so bad, but seeing as how Irene was as big as a coin, she would end up kissing Irene’s entire face while she was at it.

 

Instead, she resigned herself and said,  “That’s your third slice already, Irene. And it’s not a pixie-sized cake, it’s a human-sized cake, meant for a human-sized stomach. In fact, how you even managed to eat one slice is enough is amazing, let alone 3 slices!”

 

“Huh? But… I still want more?” Irene pouted again.

 

Seulgi swore Irene would be the death of her one day. But still… “No no no Irene, to put that in context, it’s like me eating a cake the size of myself, three times! You don’t do that - that’s too much food!”

 

Irene frowned. 

 

Seulgi smiled inwardly, thinking she had won the argument. Wendy then leaned forward and whispered something in Irene's ear. Seulgi could see Irene's eyes widening, and looking at Wendy in curiosity and... admiration?

 

The little green monster within sprung to life. Oh, so this is what I get for introducing you to the pretty pixie? You flirt in front of my face? 

 

As she was enveloped in her jealousy, she failed to notice Irene fluttering towards her ear. 

 

"If you give me more cake, I'll give you a good time later." Irene whispered, voice low and husky. 

 

Holy fgahjaowpqjdhuqnsnz 

 

And she heard Wendy bursting out into laughter, yelling "Whipped! Seulbear's so whipped!" While Irene smiled triumphantly and fluttered back into the cake, continuing to eat once more.

 


 

"Seulgi, you literally froze and your face turned the darkest shade of red I have ever seen in my life, multiplied by like 10. Admit it, you're whipped for her." Wendy smirked. 

 

"No I'm not! I just... Felt like freezing then. It's called the frozen face challenge, have you never heard of it? Old granny." Seulgi retorted. 

 

"I think it's called the whipped for Bae Joohyun challenge. And you won first prize." 

 

"Shhhhh! She might hear you, don't speak too loud." Seulgi whispered urgently. 

 

"Hear what?" Irene squeaked.

 

Seulgi stared at her in horror. 

 

"Hear that Seulgi-" and that was as far as Wendy got for Seulgi tackled her and attempted to shove the last slice of cake up .

 

Wendy, unfortunately, was much to fast for our poor old Sluggie, and she dodged and forced the cake into Seulgi's mouth instead.

 

"MMMMPHHHH" Seulgi glared at Wendy, because what the heck bro?

 

Wendy shrugged indifferently.

 

"Ooo, there's still cake? I want some too!" Irene squealed and flew to the cake sticking out of Seulgi's mouth, before procuring a spoon out from thin air and beginning to eat.

 

Seulgi stared. Blatantly. Obviously. With heart shaped eyes. Up close, Irene was prettier than she had ever imagined, with porcelain white skin, flawless features, and a mouth she wanted to explore with her own (even though said tongue was currently covered in cream and cake). 

 

Wendy coughed. Seulgi blushed, flustered at being caught staring at Irene so obviously. "So, Irene, why did you want to eat the cake? Because you're still hungry, or you craved more cake, or because it's sticking out of Seulgi's mouth?" She said suggestively, winking aggressively at Seulgi. 

 

"All! But... Mainly because it's sticking out of Seulgi's mouth, hehe!" Irene giggled.

 

This time, Seulgi felt the blush all the way from the top of her head to her tippy toes. She was so whipped.

 

 

A/N: Sorry the updates are slower. Had writer's block recently, feel like my writing isn't up to standard also :(