Chapter 3

The Gold Coin

"Are we there yet?" Irene's whiny voice rang out.

 

"No, and this is like, the 200th time you've said that in the past 30 minutes. We aren't there, we aren't close, and we'll get there when we get there." Seulgi replied tiredly.

 

Irene frowned. "No, it's the 231st. You're lousy, Seulgi, go back to pre-school, you can't even count."

 

Seulgi groaned and pulled a face. "Gosh, Irene, are you serious?"

 

Irene giggled. "You look funny when you do that. Do it again! Do it again!"

 

Seulgi almost wanted to roll her eyes, but Irene looked so happy, so excited, so cute, she gave a small sigh and gave in, pulling the same face again.

 

Irene smiled. She flew to Seulgi's shoulder and nestled herself there. "Wake me up when we arrive?" Irene mumbled, eyes drooping. 

 

"Sure." Seulgi replied. Anything for you, she wanted to add, but now was neither the time nor place. 

 

—————————————————————

 

"So... To sum it up, you love a pixie. That loves a gold coin, and just let me emphasize this: a gold coin, more than you."

 

"Woah hold up there, whoever said I love her? And yes, so the gold coin part is like, 10..." Seulgi withered off under Wendy's stare.

 

"I was gonna say 10 times 10 % true. Like honest. But yeah, that about sums up the pixie. You know how pixies are with their treasure."

 

"Your eyes freaking glaze over when you mention her name, Seulgi. I'm not sure who you think you're fooling when you say you don't love her."

 

"She's a pixie, Wendy! You know humans can't, like, you know..." Seulgi hinted suggestively.

 

"No. I don't. Enlighten me with your flowery vocabulary about your deepest fantasies in as vivid a detail as you can muster." Wendy smirked.

 

"Argh, just help me bake the cake for her? She's been craving for red velvet cake since like, forever. And every town we went to didn't have red velvet cake." Seulgi pleaded.

 

"Only if you admit you love her." Wendy smiled, deciding to tease Seulgi. 

 

"But I don't!" Seulgi whined.

 

"Oh please, Seulgi, you were literally nodding your head like a whipped puppy while lying that you don't. Just stop your denial already." 

 

"Fine, I'll just bake the damn thing myself. How hard can it be?" Seulgi stood up, walking towards the kitchen.

 

"..." 

 

"Hold your Seulgi, you ain't burning my kitchen again, I just replaced it after your monstrous cooking skills exploded the oven!" Wendy yelled, rushing after Seulgi towards the kitchen.

 

Irene stirred on her coin.