- The Smiles Weren't A Challenge

Because You're YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm glad that coach had let us leave early.. I pity those who came late to the cafeteria.. The food are all out.."

"Yeah.. I wonder why though..?"

"Didn't you hear..? They said one of the workers had a backache or something.."

 

Seungri was not at all focusing on the topic that was discussed among those who were sitting on his table. He was tired, because they had a practice just now during the two last periods in the morning session and will have another one later during the three last periods until school finishes.

 

The basketball season is coming in a few months, so the coach had intended to make sure that they'll maintain in shape so that victory will remain theirs. Although there's still many time left before they start having tournaments, early preparations and practises have always been Shindong High's motto. 

 

Because of their great performances just now, Coach Yoo had let them out earlier to get food, and it turned out it was their lucky day because food weren't fully prepared for some issues were going on with the workers, hence the ongoing delay. Thus, the basketball players were able to snatch some food earlier than other students who haven't arrived yet, saving them from having to queue with those Averagers and geeks who were standing in a long line, waiting for their food.

 

"Hey, Seungri.. What's with you lately, Hyung..?"

It was Jimin, the youngest player in the team. The boy's skills were great that the coach had made an exception and accepted him into the team. Not only that he's a funny lad, he's also easy going and had easily fitted in the group. He truly looked up to Seungri for the older's amazing talent and skills and had been trying to get closer to his idol Hyung.

 

Unfortunately, Seungri actually found his friendly attitude and charisma annoying.. "Don't you 'Hyung' me, it's none of your business even if I'm dying from tuberculosis.."

 

Jimin bit his lips as he turned quiet and took a bite from his sandwich. Seokjin who was sitting beside the boy sympathetically nudged his side and engaged with him in a chat until the boy finally loosened up again. Poor kid, he's still not used to the Ice Prince's harsh words. But still, his adoration never dies.. Which was why Seungri hates the people around him--he had made it crystal clear that he despises them, yet they still won't accept that..

 

Observing the situation unfold in front of him, Daesung stopped his gossiping session with Hyunseung as he sighed, and Seungri heard him. The latter only raised a brow at his friend's judging look, "What..?" 

 

Daesung stared him down as he tried to read what was exactly going on inside Seungri's head that caused him to be moodier than usual today. Oh wait.. Daesung knew the reason.. *smirks*

"Just because you haven't seen him all day, that doesn't mean you can unleash your temper towards everyone who was concerned about you,"

 

Seungri scoffed, his eyes still somehow directed towards the entrance, "I don't need anyone asking about my well-being. And, can you please stop with that nonsense..?"

 

Daesung just shrugged, slowly muttering "I'm just stating the fact," and timidly took a sip from his canned drink when Seungri shot holes through him with the younger's cold piercing gaze.

 

Seungri huffed and continued to let his eyes roam everywhere, from the entrance to the tables, and finally they stopped at the long queue. He couldn't explain why, but he felt more agitated as the clock ticked for he still couldn't find a rare colour of hair among the students who were lining.

 

He blinked when his eyes caught sight of Youngbae, the supposed friend of--  'There he is..'

 

Seungri supported his head with his palm as he relaxed and sat back against the seat. It was the time again, the time to wilt Jiyong down with his gaze.

 

It had driven him irritatingly mad that he was not at all succeeding these past two weeks. It was always HIM who would somehow feel some sort of an 'electric shock' when that creature replied Seungri's menacing eyes with a cute smile.

 

It was entirely confusing for Lee Seungri, he had never--I repeat, NEVER--felt that kind of effect before with anyone else. It was usually either an irritating feeling or disgust, besides hatred.. Frustratingly, he couldn't pinpoint why was it different with Jiyong.

 

Jiyong.

Kwon Jiyong from Class 3. 

An Averager.

 

Judging by his outfit and behaviour, he's far from being an heir to some throne or something, and he's definitely not a son of somebody important. Because, Seungri may or may have not ordered his butler to search for Jiyong's background, and there's nothing special about him.

Exactly NOTHING.

 

So why, exactly, that the so-ordinary boy could affect Seungri like this..? What was it that Seungri didn't realise and should've noticed on Jiyong..? What exactly did Jiyong do to him..?

 

So Seungri had decided that he'd never back down in this competition between them, Seungri's sure that in the end he'll turn out as the winner and he'll prove that there's actually nothing special in that guy, and soon Jiyong will realise his status and stop messing with Seungri.

 

But you're the one who looked his way first.. -_-

 

Seungri was silenced by his conscience, okay that was unarguably true..

But..

Even if Seungri was the one who looked at him first, Jiyong should've realised his place and responded like anyone else. Didn't he know what Seungri could do to his family..?

 

What was even disturbing was, if it was other students, Seungri would've acted sooner by making their life miserable or something before things get bigger. Usually, those who had initiated and tried to approach him would regret their decision in at least two days for they couldn't stand Seungri's cold, rude demeanor and his harsh treatment towards them.

Someone once gifted Seungri with an expensive bouquet of flowers, he threw it on the floor and stepped on it mercilessly.

Some girl confessed her 'undying love' towards him, Seungri spared her a cold glance and emotionlessly left her standing there alone, among the students who were whispering about her stupidity for even daring to think that she deserved the Ice Prince's time.

 

Long story short, Lee Seungri never give anyone a damn chance.

 

The fact that he had let Jiyong off the hook for two weeks already was really driving Seungri speechless. What's wrong with him..? Why didn't his intimidation power work on Jiyong..? 


'Not for long..' Seungri whispered to himself as he continued to watch Jiyong who was slowly swaying on his feet. 

 

Jiyong was still not looking his way, and it's not like Seungri cared or whatever, but usually Jiyong too will roam his eyes around his surrounding until he met Seungri's eyes. It's a normal occurrence these past two weeks that would always drive Seungri mad at his unexplainable response towards Jiyong's smile.

 

After a while, finally Jiyong started to look around, and he finally looked Seungri's way. However, as soon as their eyes met, Jiyong continued to watch around, looking other directions, as if he didn't notice that he just had an eye contact with Seungri. 

 

Seungri clicked his jaw. 'So that's how you want to play..?'

 

So, all this time Jiyong was playing around with him..?? Now that he finally got bored, he decided to stop catching Seungri off-guard..?

 

 Seungri scoffed disbelievingly, who did he think he was, messing with Lee Seungri like this..??

 

'Just when I thought--' Seungri stopped.

Well.. What did he had thought actually..?

That finally he had found someone.. Different..?

 

"Nonsense.." Seungri mocked his silly heart, didn't think that his heart was still alive all this while.. And it came to life for a false person. Huh. Pathetic.

 

Seungri was totally fed up. He decided that he had let Jiyong with his mocking game for too long, it was time to show the new ignorant kid what Seungri can really do to him. How dare Jiyong started this game with the cruelest boy in Shindong High and then left him hanging just like that..??!

 

 

 

Seungri abruptly got up from his seat and left his table despite Daesung calling for him. He went straight to the long line and was approaching where Jiyong was standing.

 

"What's wrong with you..?"

He was about to push Jiyong to the floor or something to startle him, and once Jiyong was on his back on the floor, wincing in pain, Seungri will tell and show to him who was the one he's been messing with this whole time..

 

However, he was the one who got shocked as Jiyong suddenly lost his consciousness and started falling to the floor. Due to Seungri's fast reflex, and because he was practically already behind Jiyong, he was able to hug that slim body before Jiyong's head meets the ground.

 

Having Jiyong's body in his arms felt weird, Seungri concluded as he slowly removed the black strands of hair that were blocking Jiyong's eyes. It was only now, when Seungri's face was dangerously close to Jiyong's, that he could finally see how pale Jiyong's face was.

 

"H-hey.. Are you sick or something..?"

Wait.

Did he just try to check whether Jiyong's okay or not..?

And why was he still securing Jiyong's body in his arms, when he was initially going to make Jiyong realise his status compared to him--Lee Seungri..?

 

Maybe.. Jiyong wasn't messing with him.. Maybe it's because he's not feeling well.. That's why he didn't get to realise their short eye contact just now.. Yeah, that can be accepted..

But..

Why did that make Seungri feel better????

 

Seungri's self-talk was interrupted when he realised that everyone's eyes were on them. Well, of course they would be extremely shocked and curious.. It's impossible to see the Ice Prince in that situation with anyone.. Seungri regarded them with his cold gaze, challenging them to keep watching him, and they wisely returned to doing their own businesses. Seungri returned his focus back to the boy in his arms.

Again, WHY WAS JIYONG STILL IN HIS HOLD????!

 

Finally after apparently realising that his usual self won't be in this type of situation, he yelled in Jiyong's ears, slightly shaking Jiyong's body.

"Yah!! You dare fainting on me?!!" Yup. That's more like him.

 

Jiyong stirred in his hold, his eyelids started to flutter open a little as he weakly stared at Seungri. "I must be delusional.." Right after he said that sentence, Jiyong fainted again as his head found its solace on Seungri's chest.

 

Seungri didn't know why he was feeling panicked--it was a new feeling to him, he didn't know why but he couldn't think of the best think to do--but the only thing in his mind was, "I need to make sure he's okay..!"  He got on his feet, as he lifted Jiyong's weak body bridal style.

 

Seungri turned around to find Daesung's concerned face greeting him.

 

"Is he sick..? He's sickeningly pale, Seungri.."

The latter attempted to use his hand to feel Jiyong's forehead to check his temperature. However, Seungri moved his body away, removing Jiyong's head from Daesung's hand at the same time. "Don't touch him, Dae!"

 

Daesung blinked, as he unsurely retreated his hand back, "He looks bad. Let me help you take him to the infirmary--"

"No..!"

 

Again, Daesung could only blink cluelessly as Seungri widened his eyes, perhaps shocked too by his sudden weird behavior. "I.. I mean.. I can take him myself, I don't need your help."

 

As Daesung watched his bestfriend leave with Jiyong in his arms, he didn't know what to feel...

Happy, because it was clear that Seungri does feel something towards Jiyong that is clearly not hate..

Or scared, because Seungri was being so protective and.. Possessive..

 

He had never seen his friend looking THAT worried, not even when they were 9, during one of their playdates when Daesung had twisted his ankle. There was only a twitch of the younger's eyebrows and then Seungri was calling Daesung's mom, telling her to quickly bring Daesung home because "I don't want to deal with his cries of pain anymore.."

Yes, Daesung had a cruel person as his bestfriend since he was a kid, don't judge him..

 

But Seungri's face just now--the apparent fear and panic in his eyes.. Was epic.. If only he had taken a picture of the younger's face just now, Daesung could have blackmailed him with it.. But he did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter