- No More Hiding

Because You're YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And that was how we get the milk from the cows.. The next process is.."

 

Jiyong was trying really hard to make it seem like he was actually paying some attention towards the farmer with barrel-like stomach and a golden front tooth as he speaks about the origins of the milk everyone usually buys at the supermarket without actually caring to realise that the product was actually the proofs of the hard work of some people. Sadly, at this moment Jiyong was actually more interested in knowing the true reason behind the man's still-not-married-yet status, but he decided to keep a low profile while he's in this district of Hongdong.. So he better turn that curiosity button off..

 

Plus, keeping a low profile had always been the first thing he wrote in his to-do-list before travelling to anywhere, for example, it was his mission when he first came to Seoul but had miserably failed due to him stumbling upon his now not-yet-boyfriend. Now, it would be a miracle if he could walk along the corridors without having curious eyes watching him like hawks because Seungri had been treating him differently than others.. Different, as in 1000000x better than how he treats everyone.

 

Jiyong was a bit startled when his right shoulder was tapped all of a sudden. Turning his face slightly fo his right, he found his bestfriend who was visibly trying to keep his small eyes open, yawning. The older looked at him with slight fatigue blurring his limited eyesight, "Please don't tell me you actually give a about all these milking stuffs.." The older had stayed up last night, grinning, and giggling (in a manly way, of course.. this is Youngbae we're talking about) at his phone. Not that Jiyong knows who had been keeping his bestfriend awake last night, but he at least knows that Youngbae won't be too stupid to get involved in anything stupid. After all, Jiyong had a pretty good guess on the identity of the supposed suspect, and her name most definitely starts with a H..

 

Jiyong chuckled and gestured for Youngbae to follow him out of the barn and the older wordlessly did so. Stretching his limbs, the shorter guy inhaled the fresh air, muttering "I shall never participate in any farm trip ever again," as he watched Jiyong who was smiling amusedly at him. "What..?"

 

Shrugging, Jiyong embraced himself, the breeze sent some chills to his bones, "Nothing, it's just that.. It's been awhile since we last hangout.. Just the two of us, you know.."

 

Hearing the younger's words, Youngbae also came to realise the truth of that statement. Jiyong was right, both of them had been busy with each other's own lives that the time they spend together gets lesser day by day. "Geez.. I'm sorry for abandoning you for awhile, Ji.."

 

"Why are you apologizing..? Having my fake mother away from me for awhile was my birthday wish since I was five," 

 

Youngbae hit his side lightly, both of them now sitting on the green grass, not too far away from the barn. "No, seriously.. It's actually hard to keep up with our squad, especially you, with all this temporary boyfriend thing.."

 

At this, Jiyong perked up, "So are you and Hyorin actually gonna be a real item someday..?" Youngbae shrugged, his eyes filled with uncertainty as he pulled the grass off the ground with his fingers. Poor grass, being victimized by Youngbae's act of vandalism towards nature.

 

"I don't know.. I've acknowledged my feelings for her, but I'm not so sure if she feels the same way about me too.. Though, I could feel that she likes my personality.."  Youngbae tilted his head,  "Perhaps that's enough for the meantime.."

 

Jiyong patted Youngbae on the back, saying that he's proud that his timid bestfriend had been able to finally man up in front of the girl he likes, and that Hyorin must like him too if she's not crazy, because any sane people wouldn't be able to resist Youngbae's charm.  "Don't be silly..! Now, what about the Ice Prince..? Any progress..?"

 

 Jiyong abruptly turned pink at the mentioning of the only man who stole his heart. He remembered how Seungri almost went to the principal's office to tell (order) her to cancel Class 3's farm trip, but after Jiyong had convinced him a video call every 5 hour, Seungri reluctantly cancelled his plan. It wasn't that hard to persuade the Ice Prince, what Jiyong needed was his aegyo and lips. Yes, lots of kisses. And-- Oh, wait a minute..

Now, it wouldn't be appropriate if Jiyong gives you all the details, right..?

 

"I miss him so much, Bae.. I'm really glad that we're returning home tomorrow.. The first thing I'll do when I meet him, I'll--"

 

Wait.

Seungri had told him -- and he too had promised the Ice Prince -- not to tell anyone about their not-yet-official relationship. And it includes Youngbae too... Oh God, he had accidentally slipped about him missing Seungri just now!! Ommo he needs to cover up his mistake..!! But what should he do--??

 

"Yah, why is your face like that..? Do you really think I haven't known about you and the Ice Prince being an item for awhile now..?"

 

Youngbae was exuding some kind of a know-it-all aura and Jiyong was mentally asking himself if he'd been that obvious recently, if any other people could see the hidden love passing between their eyes and hearts.  Meanwhile, Youngbae wasn't sure if there is exactly a need to tell Jiyong about him, Daesung and Seunghyun working out plans together to unite their love only to know that the two idiots had came to realise their own feelings by themselves. 

 

"Well.. You haven't told anyone yet, right..?"  Jiyong looked worried, and Youngbae couldn't help not to furrow his perfect brows. 

"No......" except Daesung and Seunghyun who also knew about it, "....umm.. Why, Ji..?"

 

Jiyong let out the breath he hadn't realised he had been keeping, "Thank God.. Please promise me, you'll shut your cheap mouth even though they torture you to get you to speak--!!"

 

"Woah.. woah.. woah.. Chill, man.. Why are you so insisting on keeping your relationship a secret..? I thought you'd be screaming to the whole world once you have Seungri's heart--?"

 

Jiyong cut him off with a calm but sad look on his face, "I'm respecting Seungri's wishes, being an understanding boyfriend and all that.. He's not ready yet for commitments, and official relationships aren't really his thing.."

 

What he received was Mommy Bae's long-time-no-see judging eyes, "Ji, this has nothing to do with his reputation and all, right..? You remember what I told you about him before..? I hope you realise what you're doing--"

 

"Bae.." Hearing Jiyong's tone, Youngbae could sense a bit of tiredness in his voice, but wasn't sure what the actual cause was. "I'm a big boy, now.. And I know he feels the same way as what I feel for him.. He never failed to make me realize that.. So, that is enough for me.."

 

Jiyong then struggled to stand up from their relaxed position on the ground and removed the dust and soil from his bums. "Let's return back inside before they notice that we're missing," And so again Youngbae wordlessly followed the younger, all the while wishing that Seungri knows what he's doing. Or he'll have to deal with Youngbae later, because no one, I repeat, NO ONE breaks Jiyong's heart..


He won't let his bestfriend face the cruel reality of life once again when he's still in the process of recovering. He was distracted from his thoughts when he heard his bestfriend's familiar chuckles, Youngbae smiled silently and crossed his arms in front of his chest as he watched Jiyong starting a chat with Jinwoo.

 

Seriously, why was Youngbae here..?  Oh-- because of course his motherly instinct won't let Jiyong join this trip alone.. He sighed, perhaps even when they're both old with wrinkles all over their used-to-be toned body, Youngbae will still be looking out for Jiyong..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah, Seungri.. Are you listening..?"

 

Seungri blinked. Well, he clearly wasn't. Can't they actually see that he was obviously not interested in whatever plan they're plotting to be carried out during the Spring Ball...? Of course, judging by the indifferent look planted on his face, any sane man could see that he was uninterested to be part of these idiots on their mission to make sure the spot for the Spring Prince And Princess will both be taken by the ones from the cool kids.

 

Not like there was the need to worry, because of course those who belong with the cool kids will get more votes than nominees from the geeks or Averagers. Or else, why would they belong to that category, right..? Strangely, they are still gushing about the nominations and all. What Seungri's brain couldn't process was that the guys seemed more excited than the girls about the votes, talking about campaigns and blackmailing..

 

Yes, undeniably to make it fair, every category gets to send at least one nominee each. They were even highly encouraged to do so. Even the school high-ups know that the students separate themselves according to their social status, and thus they've been trying to make each category take part in the nomination and voting. However, usually only the cool kids care to take part.

Why..? Because any normal person with a healthy brain knows that you won't stand a chance if you're competing with these rich pampered flawless kids. So Seungri couldn't understand why are they having a serious discussion about the dance right now..?

 

Plus, how would he be able to concentrate on anything with this unfamiliar giddy feeling fluttering in his heart. Jiyong is coming home tomorrow, and Seungri couldn't wait to have the fluffy sunshine back in his arms. Unfortunately, tomorrow is also the date when the dreadful meeting to know the truth will happen. Hopefully Jiyong arrives on time tomorrow..

 

"And as expected, Seungri.."

Huh..? Confusion was clear in the Ice Prince's eyes as he looked up from the spot on the table he's been fixing his eyes on for a few minutes now to meet the eyes of his so-called teammates who sometimes act like teenage girls.  "Did I hear that correctly..? Did you just say my name..?"

 

Daesung nodded, the older was sitting beside him, and clearly he had been paying attention to the whole discussion, because.. Because he's Daesung..  "Yes, you've been nominated again.. Third times in a row.. As long as I remember, you were first nominated when we were in freshman years, right..?"

 

Daesung's eyes were metaphorically sparkling as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter