- The Alien Hyung

Because You're YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow.. Your hair is finally black again.. Isn't it too normal for you, loser..?"

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes annoyedly as he spread some peanut butter on his fourth slice of bread. The Kwon siblings sorta have established a pet name for each other, as for Jiyong, Dami calls him 'Loser' everytime..  While the older was called a 'Witch' by her beloved brother. It's kinda their sibling 'thing', which no one ever understood before..


"Did anyone talk down your hair or something..?"

 

Dami had been trying really hard to replace the role of their parents since they were gone. For Jiyong, Dami would pass as their father, although the amount she earns as a worker at the mall wasn't exactly enough for their expenses, she still had responsibly worked her fingers to the bones, so Jiyong really looked up to her in that aspect.

 

However, Jiyong actually didn't need her to be his mother as well, being concern with his school life and all.. Ain't Youngbae taking care of his well-being enough already..?--Even Youngbae was too much for him to handle..! Jiyong didn't need two moms in his life, thank you very much.

 

Jiyong slowly chewed his bit of bread as he mumbled his reply with his full-stuffed mouth, "No.. Like usual they all got their eyes on my hair, all the while giving me the wow-is-that-a-skunk-on-his-hair look.. They didn't say anything, though they must've thought my fashion taste as weird or something.."

 

He swallowed the lump of food in his throat and continued, "Plus, I changed the colour because I've been wishing for a peaceful year right..? Better start with being normal.."

"Amen.. Finally God has shown you the way.." Dami clasped her hands and acting as if she's praying.

 

Jiyong sarcastically laughed and glanced at the clock in the dining room. It's only 6.30, but there's nothing else to do at home anyway. So he proceeded out to the living room to wear his shoes and twisted the front door open while Dami was taking care of the dishes.

 

"Hey, witch!! I'm going now, okay..?" He slammed the door shut and went to the porch.

"Yah!! You barely slept last night! Don't you wanna sit down and rest for awhile..??!"

 

He ignored his sister and got on his bicycle. A heavy yawn escaped him, so Jiyong slapped his cheeks repeatedly in order to keep himself fresh and awake. Because there are possibilities of him falling asleep while cycling on the road and getting hit by a car. It seriously almost happened before.

 

Jiyong cautiously started his journey with a huff. Truth be told, because of Dami's not-so-much salary, Jiyong had found a part-time job to cover his school and self expenses.

 

It wasn't legal per say to work as a bartender in one of the popular club in Gangnam, the capital of Seoul, because he's still an underage, but his job was only to serve and draw drinks. Mixing expensive drinks was way above his league, and Jiyong wasn't actually interested in the job that much anyway, he just wanted the money..

 

And his job was the reason he barely got enough rest these past two weeks.. As soon as he returned home from school usually at 8.30, he'll have only two hours or less to do whatever school work he's got and then hurried to The Lexuz. His shift starts exactly at 11.45, and usually ends at 3 am in the morning.

 

On how he managed to get the job and the ridiculously comfortable-for-students working shift, was because of his power in convincing the club owner. Sometimes, his mouth could be so useful to him, despite always putting him in trouble and shame. Sigh.

 

 

Aside from some little and big yawns escaping his tired mouth, he managed to safely reach his destination and soon, he was already walking inside the school compound, leisurely guiding his bike to the bicycle parking.

 

Unsurprisingly, you could literally describe the facility as 'new', because it did look as if not even a living human had ever lay a finger on the parking.. Well, perhaps because it truly has never been used by anyone--the students here are mostly rich, so expectedly, they either came by car or motorcycle. While the less rich ones usually came by public bus or trains.

 

So why, did Jiyong chose to ride a bike to school..? Because he hated public transport. Please don't ask anything more, Jiyong really appreciated your cooperation. Although his bones and ligaments were begging for him to give them a rest, he'd rather die in exhaustion than using those public transports, he had a childhood trauma which may be told in the upcoming chapters..

 

After finished locking his bike, Jiyong checked his phone to see the day's date and hummed to himself. It's the starting of the third week. Which means, he had successfully went through two peaceful weeks in this elite school.

 

The past two weeks had been well for him, he had managed to get along with some more Averagers although Youngbae had made sure that the older will always be his number one bestfriend.. The students are friendly, well most of them, maybe.. Besides their judgement towards his hair,  he concluded that most of the students are nice.. Though, Jiyong really can't say much about the other 'categories' of students..

 

'This whole Reputation System is totally absurd..' Jiyong concluded in his mind as he walked to the teachers' parking area. This was the shortest route from the bicycle parking to the main building. There were only at least three cars here, because it was still early.. Even the janitor hadn't arrived yet, and Jiyong could finally breathe relaxedly, without anyone else around him.

 

It's not that he didn't like the attention and care from his new friends, Jiyong was truly grateful for his amazing social skills and sense of humour that had easily earned him friends. Although he'd feel quite uneasy whenever they would be asking about his background. Jiyong's life wasn't one of the things he was proud of, not because of he's poor or anything, but because of his mother's brother..

 

But luckily, Youngbae, having known the younger since little could somehow sense Jiyong's reluctancy in sharing stuffs about himself, had helpfully channeled the current topic into something else. This was one of the reasons Jiyong had practically described the older as a friend that he wanted to be beside him when he dies.

 

Youngbae had been the best help for him, telling him this and that, informing him about the annual and monthly events, encouraging and warning him at the same time.. Jiyong felt as if his mother was the one accompanying him to school. Huh.. He really missed her sometimes.. Sigh again..

 

Although he had went through these past weeks peacefully, there was still one name, undoubtedly, one person, that always came into his mind uninvited..

Lee Seungri..

 

Jiyong didn't know why, but despite the things that Youngbae had warned him about the guy, Jiyong still found himself replying Seungri's cold gaze with a smile. Although, he'd quickly turn his face to other direction after smiling at the guy, because he was actually nervous and afraid to see his actual reaction.

 

If Lee Seungri was anything Youngbae had described him of, Jiyong bet his life that Seungri'd surely make a disgusted expression whenever Jiyong smiled at him. Although Jiyong was undeniably a positive thinker and he's always ready for whatever outcome, he found himself not being able to accept if the Ice Prince truly despises him.

 

It's too early for his crush on the guy to be crumbled, he's only here for two weeks! So Jiyong decided to be a fool and avoided himself from seeing Seungri's reaction every single time. Although it's hard to tell, why did it seemed as if Seungri was always looking his way..?

 

'Oh no! Jiyong, stop being delusional!! There's no way that he'd even think of doing things like that!!' 

Jiyong slapped both his cheeks repeatedly to stop those crazy unacceptable ideas from invading his mind and the author was utterly thankful that no one was there to see his crazy look...

 

'If only I didn't bump into him, perhaps I won't fall into him like now.. How is it possible to like someone so much when I barely talk two sentences with him..??'

Jiyong frustratedly wiped his face with his hands and dejectedly sighed. All the while blaming his heart's weak ability to shield himself from getting attracted to those who are off limits and screams 'Trouble!'..

 

What even worse was, Lee Seungri, being the only guy he was attracted to, the guy who was the captain for the basketball team, who in the same time was off limits because of his mean and cold aura, only made the guy hotter than he already is!! Jiyong realised that all his life, trouble had always come to him. And being the kind person he was, he'd voluntarily accept it with welcoming hands.. Sigh again.. Sigh..

 

"! Why the is it too slow..?"

 

His silent monologue was suddenly interrupted when he heard someone cursing not far from him. Curious, he slowly approached the source of the voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter