Part One: Kim Junmyeon

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part One

Kim Junmyeon

 

It was an ordinary night, I guessed.

The moon was a sliver. The air was cold, chilling as the soft breeze went in my room through the open windows. I didn’t mind the cold for the majestic view outside were simply calming. My room was dark, only the light from the television and the moon outside illuminating it. It was pretty late as well, barely 12 in the clock.

Maybe that’s why I noticed it, the weird happenings from the room across mine. The little space made by the door in the doorframe illuminates with a strong light once in every twenty seconds and dies. I should’ve ignored it. I would’ve.

But curiosity kills the cat and I almost was.

“What is she doing in the other side…?” I muttered, gathering up to my feet and walked out of my small apartment big enough for one person. The hallway was dark as well, and the neighbors were probably asleep except for the person next door.

In fact, I never really met my neighbor from room #041. It’s like he/she’s a nocturnal. Only asleep for the day and awake in the evening when everyone was sleeping. I noticed it every time I pull an all-nighter to finish my deadlines at work. Around 12, she would walk inside her room and noises would almost disturb me in my sleep. Of course, I am thankful whenever he/she’s making noise when I’m doing my work. It was one of the few things that’ll keep my awake. Somehow, it also reassures me that he/she’s okay. A man on top of my room was found dead three weeks ago. Everyone was terrified and the last thing I want to know was another incident right across my room.

“Meow~”

I looked down and noticed a white cat with its eyes glowing in the dark. It was looking at me. I always figured that animals held little expressions. However, the cat’s eyes have the most expressions I’ve ever seen from well uh—a cat.

It was like telling me to stay away.

I would’ve backed out if it weren’t for a scream coming from my neighbor’s room. A woman’s scream, that is.

“Miss?!” I half-shouted at the door. The door was locked when I tried turning it. “Are you okay???”

“N-no! C-can you help me? I’m stuck!” A muffled voice answered.

“Okay, wait! I’ll help you! B-but I can’t open the door!” I screamed, and tried jiggling the doorknob again. Suddenly, the cat jumped on my shoulders. I almost screamed, but held myself as I noticed it lifting its paw and touched the keyhole. Suddenly, the door was unlocked.

I was beyond baffled, confused, but I set it aside to help my neighbor.

Her room was a mess and even the light won’t turn on. The chairs were broken, as if someone stomped on it until it crumbled to bits. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter