Adrenaline Rush

Code Blue

"Let's save some lives,boys."

 

Smirks plaster on their faces as they dropped their backpacks in a bunch by the nurse desk before spreading out around the ER,helping based on their specialty. Deng Lun rushed towards a bed where a child laid; left leg twisted in a painful angle.He gently pet and consoled the young boy who was biting his lips as he withheld the pain.

"Hey mate. Wow,you're doing so good!I'll just need you to hold it in more okay?A bit more and I'll make the pain go away. Do you trust me?" Deng Lun muttered softly to the child who hestitated a while before nodding slowly.Deng Lun broke into a wide grin before fist-bumping the boy.He turned to call for nurse when he heard bickering. His eyes caught sight of a nurse and Cheng Jie just parallel opposite from his position.The nurse seemed heated while Cheng Jie remained stoic but his fingers were already twitching. Deng Lun could only sigh and turn back to his patient while calling out for an intern.

"Sir,you CANNOT do anything here.You have no authorization."The nurse repeated for the umpteenth time. Cheng Jie rolled his ryes and bit back a curse.He had more demanding things to deal with but the 'head nurse' wasn't giving in. He had calmly explained that they were doctors from China who were sent to help this hospital.But the woman did not budge and continued to block his way to a bloated trauma patient.His fingers twitched as the woman stood in front of him - arms crossed and all. Psstt.So annoying.

"Authorization?I'm a globally certified doctor.This hospital requested my team and I to assist the medical team here.You're telling me I dont have any authorization?!"His fingers curled against his palm as the nurse continued to block him.Cheng Jie closed his eyes and took in a deep breath as he heard her annoying voice again.

"Still,this is hospital rule.No further actions without medical consultant's orders."

"I think you just dont understand humanity."

"H-Huh..?Sir-"

"I think you should listen to the medical consultant in front of you,nurse.He is,after all,much more in position to make any decisions regarding the medical field.I think it is better to respect him." Yun Ru stepped beside Cheng Jie, the gloves strapped on her hands bloodied slightly.

"But I have not vertify your identities with the hospital-"

"Verify?Do you have time for that? Will you be able to bear the consequences if that patient dies?Severe internal bleeding and possible haemorrhage at the minor artery. Will you take responsibility if the patient goes into arrest?" The female doctor snapped at the nurse who shrinked back in fear at the authorative tone.

"Since none of your doctors are around, you don't really have a choice.It's either run and help or clean corpse later. Which one would you like to do?" By then,they could already hear faint sounds of the ambulance sirens.Yun Ru stared hard at the nurse before her - awaiting an answer.The nurse bit her bottom lip as she hestitated for a moment before looking up at the two in front of her and nodded.

"We'll do all we can to assist you,doctor." Cheng Jie and Yun Ru broke into smiles at the answer.But their glee was short-lived as the sirens became louder and louder.Yun Ru - expression dark and serious, called her team mates into grouping. The nine rounded into a circle by a corner.

"Alright team.You heard the nurse from earlier.More than ten patients are arriving.I dont care what happens, do not leave your positions unless called upon,okay? We break into three divisions as usual. Meng Long and Zhao Lin will join me. Gong Jun will bring Rui Chang and Chen Yi. Yang Yang will bring Cheng Jie and Deng Lun. Remember, stay cool and stay humane. First-aided patients will go to the floors. I'll ask the nurses to lay sheets on the floor so it'll be less cold for the patients. Go by instincts if you think surgery is required then change members if necessary. Zhao Lin is always available for exchange. Bring an intern each. Extra intern can be posted to Gong Jun.Got it?"The team replied with a chorused 'yes' before Yun Ru stuck her hand out accompanied by a layering of the other members' hands.

"We can do this - as a team."