Day 1

Code Blue

The sunlight crept in through the curtains. Yun Ru groaned as she turned away from the beams of ray, silently cursing someone in her head for putting translucent curtains instead. Yawning softly, she picked herself up and got out of bed. She could hear clutters of cookware from a distance and groaned. Noises like that only mean one thing.

The idiots are cooking.

And if they're cooking, they're in a good mood. But the diners are in for a disaster. Yun Ru winced at the thought of her breakfast before heading into her bathroom.

Downstairs, Deng Lun and Chen Yi scrambled to get breakfast ready. Well, it's not that easy to prepare breakfast for 9 people - especially if they might still be jetlagged. Chen Yi rushed to place the food on the dining table while Deng Lun cleaned up the kitchen island. The two sighed in relief as the members of their team stepped down, fully clothed in their usual attire. Zhao Lin walked over with a gentle smile and patted the two males in the back.

"Thanks, guys. Go and get yourselves cleaned. We'll wait for you two before starting." The two smiled appreciatively before stumbling upstairs, almost running into Yang Yang. Meng Long stood beside Zhao Lin as he scanned through the kitchen - just in case something broke. The two looked at each other with knowing smiles before heading to the dining table.

Slowly, the seats were filled. Being the only female, Yun Ru took the seat at the head of the table. To her left were Cheng Jie, Yang Yang, Gong Jun, and Chen Yi. To her right was Meng Long, Zhao Lin, Rui Chang, and Deng Lun. They had no special seating but they would usually sit like this - according to lot drawing.

"Not bad. The food looks good. I hope it tastes just as good." Rui Chang mused as he took his seat. Yun Ru chuckled as she poured herself some tea while Meng Long added a cube of sugar into her cup - earning himself a soft 'thank you' in Mandarin from the female.

"Of course it will! Chen Yi and I spent hours flipping through recipes just to find easy and quick treats. We burnt nothing this time!" Deng Lun chirped as he and Chen Yi walked towards the table. When everyone was seated, Yun Ru exhaled and placed her cup down. Everyone turned to look at her with gentle smiles.

"Alright guys, eat up. We'll head to Seoul National University Hospital after this for a welcoming conference before we officially start working there. Let's hope SNUH can cope with us."Everyone chuckled and nodded before digging in.

"By the way, thank your father for us, Yang. The house is lovely." 

 

2 sleek Range Rover Velar pulled up in Seoul National University Hospital's outdoor parking lot. The team of 9 stepped out of the vehicles - clad in professional attire. The group made their way towards the hospital but their attention shifted to The Pit. It was looking a bit hectic.

"The Pit seems busy."Gong Jun commented. Being the ER specialist, he gets sensitive when the ER isn't in order.

"Why don't we peak into the crucial part of a hospital first? Then we can devise a plan on how to help them."Cheng Jie suggested. Beside him, Yun Ru nodded in agreement. The ER is indeed the heart of the hospital. If the ER isn't in order, then they'll have more up their plate than they thought. The group strode over to the entrance of the ER. They stepped into the area and was immediately greeted by a sight that made their fingers twitch.

"."Chen Yi hissed in English. Right in front of their eyes was a chaotic rush. All the ER beds were full, nurses were running around to attend groaning patients. Interns were being screamed at for not doing their jobs properly and only a few physicians were around.

"What the hell? Where are the ER doctors? Rounding physicians?"Gong Jun muttered as his hands went sweaty. He didn't like what he was seeing. Yun Ru rested a hand on his arm, trying to soothe her teammate. She too could barely take in the condition before her. The rest of the guys swallowed hard. But Gong Jun had a point. Where were the doctors? The ER doctors to be exact. And the residents too!

"Code blue! VIP Room.Code blue!"

They watched as the rest of the attending physicians in the ER ran towards the elevator.Yun Ru couldn't help but scoff at the sight. They left the emergency patients for the VIP. Quite typical. The ER turned even more hectic when only ER interns were left there - too little manpower.

"We see this in China all the time.But,really? Korea too?" Rui Chang mumbled, displeased.

"Why are you surprised? As long as there's money, this will continue on."

"A bus crashed into a three-car accident scene and flipped over! More than ten casualties are coming in. Arriving in five minutes!" A nurse shouted but doubt anyone heard her. Yun Ru smirked as she turned to look at her teammates behind her.

 

"Let's save some lives, boys."