Chapter 3

Sweet Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of glasses splintering still echoed through the silence of the whole house as Dara made her shot directly close to where Jiyong had been standing earlier to get his attention. His mouth was open, his eyes wide as they settled on her.

 

“Do you think this is a Mr. And Mrs. Smith game?!” Dara yelled waving her gun at him in agitation and referencing one of her favorite movies. “You made me run in dirt! Just look at my slippers! I just bought them!” She lifted her feet up so Jiyong could see the cause of her rage. She let out another unlady-like grumble before breathing deeply to calm herself. It’s no good losing her temper tonight. But she fixed Jiyong a deadly glare before continuiing. “I was trying to make this less unpleasant for you since your father is the one I want but you are really trying my patience. You made me run, you made me sweat like a pig, you attacked me, you broke my window…. Is that anyway to repay me for treating you well?”

 

“Treating me well?” Jiyong repeated incredulously. “Are you serious? Really?”

 

Dara put a hand on her hip as she lifted one of her eyebrows at him as if challenging him to contradict what she said.

 

“You almost shot me!” Jiyong said jabbing at the window. “And you broke your window.” Does this girl really wanted a rundown of how she abused him since the moment he opened his eyes? Oh wait. Since the moment someone hit him at the back of his head.

 

Dara lifted a palm up as if to shut him up. “I’m tired. I need a good night’s sleep before I could argue with you. I’m gonna go to my room and I expect my window to be fixed tomorrow when I wake up.”

 

What the hell is wrong with this girl? Is she for real? “Oh yeah,” Jiyong said sarcastically. “Expect someone to fix up your window. Have you already called someone to do it?”

 

“I meant you! How stupid are you?”

 

“It’s sarcasm!” Jiyong fired back. “Do you even know what the hell you’re saying?!”

 

Dara could feel herself getting really worked up again for talking to him. She rolled her eyes before it landed on the mirror mounted on the wall at her left and she did a double take. Her brows furrowed as she took a step for a closer look. Her eyes widened in horror as her reflection stared back at her.

 

There on the right side of her cheek was a small red cut. It wasn’t big enough to bleed but it was a gash regardless. She lifted her shaking hand to touch her face, just to see if it was real. Oh no. Hoooh no!! Her face!

 

“My face,” she whispered in anguish. “My beautiful face.”

 

Jiyong watched with brows creased as Dara was mumbling something in front of the mirror while touching her face. What insanity is it this time? He waited until Dara slowly turned her head in his direction with a homicidal look on her face. “You. Ruined. My. Face,” she said in a low, ominous voice.

 

“What?” He dreaded that look in her face.

 

“My FACE!!!” She shrieked before she charged at him like a mad dog and it took a second before Jiyong realized he needs to escape this mentally disturbed woman. He dodged when he saw her throw something at him and he realized it was the gun. She threw the gun at him.

 

That gun is probably the only thing that would save his life right now but he didn’t stop to look for it because this woman looks like a deranged person ready to scratch his eyes out the minute she touched him.

 

“I have taken care of my face since I was a kid! How dare you!! You cut me!! This is my life!! My face is my money!! My life!!!”

 

Jiyong continued running around the house feigning left then going right which probably made her more furious. “Just calm down, for god’s sakes!”

 

“I’m gonna kill you!!” Dara said feeling more furious at the moment and she was so focused on wrapping her hands around his neck and choking him to death that she didn’t see the bat she had used for the kidnapping, and one she had dropped earlier that day, and she stumbled and tripped on it. Her head hit the edge of the chair and sshe fell to floor with a thud.

 

And she’s out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara felt the pain at her head before she was fully awake. She groaned in pain as she opened her eyes, blinking rapidly to clear the blur off her vision. The first thing she saw was her ceiling and the chandelier that was custom made for her.

 

She lifted her hand to massage her head but both of her hands went up. She was confused for a moment before her eyes landed on a rope bounding her wrist.

 

It all came back in a rush and she sat up with a start. She was lying on the sofa.

 

And sitting on the table in front of her was Jiyong.

 

“Had a good night’s sleep?” He asked smirking repeating what she had asked him earlier.

 

Dara tried to get her hands off the rope even if she knew it’s useless. The rope was tight, damn Kwon Jiyong.

 

Jiyong sighed loudly lifting his hand to show her he have her gun. “You only had one bullet. And you used it to break your window. You wasted your shot at me.”

 

“I wasn’t planning to shoot you, you dumb jerk,” Dara said. “I am an excellent shot. If I wanted you dead, you wouldn’t have the chance to breathe right now.”

 

“So this gun is only to scare me?” He ignored her self-praise of being a good shot which he doesn’t believe anyway.

 

“Obviously.”

 

“Is this even licensed?”

 

“Of course,” Dara answered indignantly. “I don’t do anything that is against the law.”

 

Jiyong raised her eyebrows at her. “Kidnapping and illegal detention is against the law.”

 

“It’s not if it’s for justice.”

 

Jiyong rolled his tongue inside his cheek as he knew he’s going to need a lot of patience talking some sense into this girl and possibly find a way for both of them to go back to civilization. Or if not, for him to go back to civilization. “Look.” He placed the gun on the table and crossed his arms. “Let us talk about this like adults. With sense.”

 

“Sure,” Dara said with a sweet smile then immediately faded. “Or not.” And just as fast, she swung her foot and aimed it right at his face. Thank god for his reflexes, he narrowly missed getting her feet stamped on his cheek.

 

“What the—“ He stood up.

 

But Dara didn’t stop there. She continued her assault alternately using both her legs in a high kick as he tried to dodge and deflect. Damn, her kicks are strong, his arms stings from trying to evade it. She’s cornering him now. And from the way it looks, she wasn’t kicking out of frustration. She was kicking to truly make a serious hit and with her stances, it looks like this isn’t the first time she had done it.

 

What the hell is she? He had her pegged as witless. Or psychotic, a more preferable term, but she moves like some kind of a damn ninja.

 

“Fighting is not the way to resolve this!” Jiyong yelled wincing when her feet successfully landed a blow on his shoulder.

 

“It does to me!” Dara said with a triumphant smirk not even sounding the least bit winded. Jiyong gritted his teeth before he ducked grabbing Dara’s leg and throwing her on the floor, wrestling style.

 

“OW!!” Dara said when she fell and before she retaliate, Jiyng already had both her feet and he was tying with the rope he had spotted on the floor. Dara tried to kick and kick but Jiyong was stronger this time and he had managed to bound her feet too. She tried to swing both her fisted hands at him but he deflect it, grabbing her hand in time before it hit his face.

 

“Stop it before you really make me mad,” Jiyong warned her with gritted teeth, his grip tight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter