Chapter 1

Sweet Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandara Park increased the volume on the television as she watched with impassive gaze as Senator Kwon was led out of prison with hordes of securities around him, blocking him from infuriated citizens as well as the stampede of media shoving their recorders and microphones to his face shouting questions. The media didn’t let up, not even when the Senator was safely delivered inside his private vehicle.

 

She watched until the news anchor spouted some about the Senator being released due to lack of evidence for improper solicitation and bribery. Because the whistleblower and main witness had disappeared in a smoke.

 

Or was taken.

 

It has already been two months after the scandal blew the news up, mostly with Senator Kwon’s face and his family plastered all over the news along with an insetphoto of the whistleblower, Senator Park.

 

Dara’s father.

 

Kwon was supposed to be tried for corruption but a week before the trial, Park disappeared from a heavily guarded facility and no one knew where he is or who had taken him. The citizens who once loved the Kwons are now crying out for his blood. Screaming his name for Park’s disappearance. Screaming justice with all the money he had taken under power of his name.

 

But with the stupid law this country has, Kwon cannot be held accountable for Park missing without proof even if all the obvious facts point out to Park gone as Kwon’s advantage in dismissing the case in his favor.

 

Senator Park was the only one who can fry up Kwon’s . And he is gone.

 

Dara watched as another clip played on the TV with Kwon being protected by his family. The son, seemingly pissed off at the media, gave the camera a deathly glare before wrapping his arms around his father’s shoulders to the safety of their house teeming with people both from the media and from onlookers while the heavily arms securities shooed the people away asking for some respect for privacy.

 

Dara turned off the TV clenching her jaw and threw the remote control on the bed. She picked her phone up from her pocket and dialled the number.

 

“Yup,” a woman answered.

 

“Are you ready?” Dara asked in a flat tone.

 

“We all are.”

 

“Good. I’ll see you all tonight.”

 

Dara pressed the end button and walked to the terrace of the hotel she is staying in. She already did her research. Already made her plans. She’s ready for the consequences.

 

A tooth for a tooth.

 

She’s going to take Senator Kwon’s son.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Despite the numerous warnings his family gave him for going out, Jiyong found himself driving to a bar to meet TOP, one of his closest friends, just to have one drink that night. He felt so suffocated inside his parent’s house what with her father ranting about being wrongfully accused by Senator Park who’s only agenda is to ruin his political career. And quite successfully so.

 

And now they’re also blaming me for his disappearance! This is his ploy so they would put it all on me. He is destroying the image of our family!

 

He had listened to it one too many times that he felt the words are drilling into his head. Of course, he doesn’t believe what his father is being accused of. His father was an honest man. He would never do that. And he had no reason to as their name still holds the wealth that the Kwons held even before their family got involved with politics. It was all a sham by the opposition to wreck his father’s career. And his, if he ever agreed to follow his father’s political footsteps which he is seriously against more now.

 

Jiyong sighed heavily as he turned right to the address TOP had texted him. It had only been two weeks in this fight but he is seriously drained. Being followed constantly by the media, deflecting their questions, being cursed at by some people in the streets as if all his money are stolen from the country. He earns his living since he was fifteen working on cars and driving them until he got into racing.

 

All he earned, he earned by working hard. Not by protesting in front of someone else’s house shouting justice for something which you were only paid for to do.

 

He had been holed up in his parent’s house for far too long, never answering calls from anyone except his friends. Especially when his father was behind bars. He missed the race track. He missed his car. He missed the cheers of the audience screaming his name.

 

But it would probably be for his death if he appear in the race track again.

 

His brows furrowed when he finally realized where he’s driving to. It was a silent street. Too silent. He checked his phone again making sure he got the address right. Yes, this was the address. He dialled TOP’s number but it went to voicemail. He slowed the car to a stop looking around. There is a bar of some sort at the corner but it didn’t show any signs of life. It looked abandoned as far as Jiyong can see.

 

He heard a beep from his phone and he opened TOP’s message.

 

Sorry man, I got my phone on silent. We can’t be too loud. I know how the press is tailing you. We’re inside the Shack. The guys are here too. Seung Ri, Taeyang and Daesung. Jun.K will be here in a few minutes.

 

Then another text.

 

We can see you now. Park your car and come inside.

 

Jiyong sighed loudly before doing what TOP told him to do. It was a little strange that TOP would actually care about being stealthy. He had never been stealthy all his life even when he was being hounded by the press. Being an actor probably made you immune to cameras snapping photos of you every move you make.

 

After parking his car behind some cars which probably belonged to his friends, he trudged over to The Shack, as what TOP called it. It is an abandoned bar and TOP, like the moron he is, probably bought it out of his weird idea of good investments.

 

“TOP?” he called out when he got to the door. Or what he assumed to be the door. It was already opened and he softly pushed it open. It was dark but he could see some silhouettes moving in the dark. “Taeyang?” He put a foot inside and before he knew it, someone whacked him hard at the back of his head and his consciousness slipped off him even before his face hit the cold marbled floor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He could himself slowly coming to but his muscles are not cooperating. He culdn’t move even if he knew he’s already awake.  Everything is dark and he felt woozy. His head hurts. And his neck hurts too.

 

“He looks heavier than he looks,” he heard a woman say though it sounded distant in his ears.

 

“He weighs about 60 kilograms,” another woman answered.

 

“You even researched his weight?”

 

“I’m nothing but thorough.”

 

“What is that fact gotta do with abduction?”

 

“We need to know how many man power we need to lift and transport him. Am I wrong?”

 

“Pssshw. You had a knack for being a mastermind.”

 

“You guys need to get out of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter