Chapter 4

Game over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Sunday - Two days till the beginning of the competition. 
     Yumin looked at her outfit again , just one last check . She wasn't sure what the dress code is , so she stuck with something   simple , black pants and navy blue buttoned up shirt . One finally nod at her reflection and she went to grab her bag and make her way to university  .
        Before she could even set a foot out of her room ,  Yoona rush into her  her . Panicked written all over her . She pushed Yumin into her room again making sure to close door behind them . 
        " You called Baekhyun ?! " She questioned . 
        " What ?!No , I don't even have his number ! " She shot back at her little sister . Her heart began to beat so hard , and tried to convince her not ask Yoona why she was worked up and just go to university , But Yoona didn't wait and stomped off to the window , shoving the curtins away . 
         " Becuase he is down there "  the girl looked back at her sister " with dad " pointing her finger at what probably at  Baekhyun and her father . 
         " w-what ? " 
          Yumin couldn't believe until she stood there beside her sister , her gaze fell into the two figures talking in their small garden . Flower-less as always no matter what season they were in .
          They were gathered down around the small table they had there . 
          Baekhyun collected as usual , one leg on top of the other , his hands intertwined rested on the top of them . Not angry ,not happy , not nervous . It was nothing that could hide everything .
           Her father though , looked nervous , his forehead shone with sweet . She knew this look , her father wasn't that person to let things unnerve him . Just like that day , when people with black suits filled their old house , taping everything with red tapes . 
    "   He told him ! That stuiped idiot told him ! " 
         Yumin blood boiled inside her veins , cursing and cussing as she run down the stair and into their garden ,  taking the males by surprise . 
          " Y- Yumin " her father began , calmly as possible  . Yumin glared at Baekhyun,  who nod as if to return her greeting before she shifted her gaze and descended
toward her father
   " I …. I can explain , father . It is not… " 
 Her father nodded a few raising his hand at her , as if he already understood . Taking a deep breath , he didn't look in her eyes as he said 
     " I understand , I understand " 
      Brows knitted from confusion,  she looked back at her Baekhyun , How was looking at her father , with something in his eyes she couldn't define . It made her shiver . Before the silence could stretch any further , Baekhyun spoke .
      " As I told , don't worry I am going to make sure Yumin return safely " Baekhyun said with a bow , standing  . She wondered if he just emphasized the word safely or not . She also wondered what this brown envelope was doing here . 
       Her father nodded numbly , his eyes glued somewhere far away . He looked shaken , so shaken and it hurted her . She was the reason for this . She made him feel bad and she wanted to sit there and just explain everything for him , she would have told him the truth if Baekhyun didn't cut off her . 
      " I guess we should go now , You ready ? " He asked . Yumin almost forgot his existence.  She gazed up at him , glared at him . 
      " Yes " she said through her teeth .
      " Yumin , do you need it to enter this competition? " her father called , Baekhyun was already in the car .  
       Yumin felt her tears sting in her eyes , she gluped hoping that her tears would go down with it . "Don't worry " she laughed nervously " It is just a competition " 
     Her father sighed but said no more .
      
        

   " What the hell wrong with you ?! I never told to come and get me ! " Yumin just snapped as she entered the car .                      Baekhyun was putting his seat belt on , as if he muted her . It made her even more angrier and as he shifted his gaze to her, a second later his gaze went farther behind her . She whipped her head to see what at has captured him ,  frustred .
     It was her dad , and she turned her head straigh almost too quickly . It was a sight hard to look at . 
     Damn Yoona , Damn Baekhyun,  Damn the competition . 
    She knew it would hurt her father , if she told him about it . It felt as if he wasn't doing enough for them . 
    She closed her eyes for a second , hoping the darkness would erase scene she just saw . 
     Yumin was always called her parent girl , bewteen her friends in high school . And she didn't hate it or care about it . Not going to parties or drinking illegally because her parents told her not to,  was never wrong . She never liked making her parent worry about her .
    Her anger just slipped into pain suddenly until Baekhyun talked , then she was anger again .  
    She was angry all the time these days . With school near , her part time jobs ( especially the one that fired ber yesterday becuase she asked for a vaction to participate in the game ) and Yoona and all , Yumin wouldn't really be surprised to see white hair among her dark hair anymore . 
   " I am sorry " he said and started the engine . She opened her eyes and sided a glance a him . Becuase his words sounded so true she had to check it . But he was looking straight ahead as he started driving.  
    " I just .. " he let his gaze find hers for a second before he foucsed on the road again , shifting his gaze between the mirrors every now and then  . It took a while for him to complete his sentence as if ….. as if he was looking for an excuse. 
    Yumin thought and chided herself immediately, she needed to trust him , even if he was the last person worth trusting .  They were a team even if she didn't like it . But the problem was that Yumin was a person with trust issues . 
     " I know what happened between us is a bad start , but since we are a team now I wanted to actually be a team  so I thought picking you up is a good idea " He completed genuinely and gave her a small smile . But when she didn't return the smile his smile flattered " I guess it was bad ,huh " he muttered as he turned his gaze to the road ahead of them . 
       The atmosphere was strange and Yumin hated how Baekhyun the one who set it always  . Who decided which way he wanted the conversation to go .  As if she shouldn't be angry at him . As if she was the bad guy . She wasn't even angry anymore . 
   She eyed him , for too long , and his face wasn't stren , there wasn't any wrinkles . He caught her staring and raised an eye brow at her . 
     Her cheeks heated as she looked away . 
   When Yumin finally conviced herself that a ten minutes silence is enough for a person who to not be intrigued - her pride was important for her - she  finally asked a question that has been playing at her mind since yesterday  . 
   " Why are joining the competition? " She let herself glance to see his reaction . He looked at her , surprised for a second and laughed . 
    " Didn't- " 
    " Yoona told me you aren't dating  , so don't play games with me " 
     His face went still for a second and at the perfect timing they stopped at a red light.  
    Baekhyun hands slid down to his knees , still his eyes looked stright ahead at the red light . 
    " thought she would last longer " he said  with a mockry ,barely audible for her to hear . 
     He looked up and held her gaze . It was hard to break it , when he looked at you like that . Like he had your attention.  Yumin would have died from happines if this happened in their freshmen year .
       But now , as they looked at each other.  Yumin so tensed to hear what reason he is going to voice . Like he was going to genuinely tell her . 
      " I want it to try it " he said with a playful grin .
       She waited , because it has not to be true . But he continued to grin .
      " What ? You want to me to believe this bull ?" She asked but he was already looking up front . The light turned green . 
       Genuine  , screw tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter