Chapter 3

Game over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Four days till the beginning of the competition  :

Yumin swore that her head would be the reason of her death . Even though she took two pills of medicine ,which now felt more like a waste . 
    She was already at home , laying on her small bed . Tiredness weighed her down even though the sun was still up there .
   She wished for a sweet nap that could ease the pain in her head before she needed to talk to anyone right now . 
  She tilted her head and eyed her bag that she dropped near the door.  The books that filled her bag were still there . 
      I guess now I really have to return them . 
She rolled away , her back to the door. Closing her eyes hoping after a few moments she slip away into darkness. 
      But her body hunmed with the rage of restrained feelings  . Various emotions , mixed all together . It was hard to decode them , to name the symptoms she is having now . She was sure that anger were one of them though . And it felt like it was going to make her explode now than later . 
   
     The competition and Baekhyun . 
      She scrunched her forhead . 
  The stuiped game,  that she always  always joked about joining it . 
      How ironic .
     But the punishments that Yumin heard , they were rumors of course like anything else about the competition that her school held  , but if they were true , then it wasn't even worth thinking about join . So even when she felt desperate for the money ,late at night and thought about joining it . She would remember the old man that stood in front their school gate after their spring break . She was just a freshmen then  .
   The old man wore glasses , but even beneath it , Yumin noticed the hallowness in them . He didn't look in anyone in particular, his gaze kept glued on the far distant .
    White hair almost spread through his entire head .
   She would remember the weather , the intense waves of wind that shook the tress , The sky felt heavy with loaded rain . 
   But as Yumin walked through the doors of the university,  The man didn't flinch , he just stood there holding a large sign with the words 
   " They took my daughter " 
 The man wasn't there when she was on her way home . He never came back again . 
     She shivered upon repeating the memory again on her mind , It was so livid. She tried though not to recall any of the stories and theorizes that happened to the man . And of course not his daughter  .

    But she joined it now and it felt like she would done so simple , like she just signed for a course or something . It felt surreal. 
    And Baekhyun , she let out a groan . She just hoped he would find his sanity again and withdraw before it was too late . It was hard , no matter how much she thought and searched for one logical reason for him to join , she found none . 
   She come to realize that his relationship might be as well fake . 
   If he was dating , everybody would have known,  because Baekhyun wasn't that just a normal person nor does his group of friends . 
   They were the talk of school . Plus if his relationship was short to the point no one knew of it , It was even more insane to think he would join for someone he just met . 
  But if that was really true , then what is his benefit from this ? 
    Her brows furrowed , with nothing clicking in her mind . 
        But all of this was at one hand and Yoona was on the other . 
     she couldn't help but to remember the argument from a few days ago and how her sister made out a scene. 
  If you truly loved me , you would have done it . 
     A dry chuckle left Yumin lips . 
  Yumin couldn't sleep that night  , blaming herself that she made her little sister , that never once cried , feel so broken in front of her and their parents , she didn't even cry when their life crumbled so suddenly. And she felt like a cause for that . 
     That night she wanted to go to her sister room , to comfort her . To say to her she is willingly to help her rebuild herself . But it was hopless . Yumin knew it and everyone knew it . The only one that can fix her was herself . 
   She needed to get a held of herself . 
But it hurted her .
  In the end she didn't even care ! After all the warning and explaining that I gave her , I might have as well has being talking to a wall ! 
    She was so sick of her acting without thinking . She was so sick of the endless work . She was so sick of study.  
    She felt like she couldn't breath and her heart banging like it would rip out of its cage any seconds.  
   Yumin felt her heart tighten and tighten even more as her the tears stung her eyes and a burning lumb rose in . 
   Her lungs ached to take a huge breath in and then let it out as a scream . 
   She almost did it but  a brust through the door interpreted the silent of the room . 
      " Yumin ! " Through her little sister voice , Yumin could tell how angry she was  , but Yumin was way way more than she was . She was done with her sister childish acts . 
      Yumin knew it was coming though , they would at least have to go through this converstion once or twice before . 
    So she sniffed lowly and prayed her re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter