Qing Ge (Love Song) - ChanSoo

Song Book

“Habit is amber. Tears, one drop by one drop, are locked in

Love letters are immortality, and they are drown and become hourglass”

Chanyeol is in their usual hang out, at the school music practice room. He again, well as always, listening to a familiar song. A song he wrote with someone. He can’t help but wander back to the memories they once shared.

“Upstream of youth, white clouds fly, clouds shaped like dogs and seagulls

Ideas flash through (the mind) and flow away murmuringly”

They were in the freshman year in college. They met for the first time after a small guy mistaken the room as their music class room and ended up practicing with him, thinking they were the only students who came on the first day. They clicked the very moment Chanyeol started strumming on the guitar with a note he made and that small guy hummed with it. A melody was made with no words, only a simple eye contact and a small shy smile.

“Fate is humorous and let the ones who love all become silent

Trade the whole universe with a red bean.”

Chanyeol can’t help but question why? Why does Kyungsoo have to be so far? He remembers how he asked him for a date for the first time. He has confessed long time ago but he never really asked him out. He felt that, he was taking his time and regretted it. He wished he had made use of his time well. Kyungsoo was a precious gem. He was lucky to have found him. A talented, generous, kind and gentle angel. Kyungsoo was everything.

“Memories are like trapped beast

They are lonely for too long and then gradually lost the tenderness”

“Do you think you can find a job right away after college?” Kyungsoo asked him as they munch on their afternoon snack in a nearby street food cart. “I want to continue writing songs, Soo. I know that isn’t considered a job but as you can see, I was accepted as a songwriter to a known recording agency. We can live with it. We’ll have a restaurant, a spaghetti kimchi restaurant” Chanyeol replied giddily. He’s looking forward to a future with him.

“Release the fist, on the contrary feel more freedom

Slow motion, thousand rolls of films replay the silent movie”

Chanyeol did pursuit his song writing as he wishes it to be a career therefore at times leaving Kyungsoo all by himself. The latter will just spend his time reading his favorite novels until his boyfriend finishes whatever he wanted to do and then so they could come home together. It’s their final year in college and Chanyeol is eager to fulfill the promise he had with Kyungsoo being the one he will be sharing his life with. They agreed to live together in Kyungsoo’s parents’ home since they are not living in the country anymore. They’re glad they weren’t judge, nonetheless, they were supported fully by their families.

“Freeze frame in a split second

We are at the farewell concert”

Chanyeol stepped out of the recording room with a wide smile on his face. Finally, the song he wrote and practiced singing with Kyungsoo has been recorded and will be released as a carrier single for a famous female artist. He can’t believe his song was selected by the company as he wasn’t confident enough with the melody because Kyungsoo said it was too nostalgic. Kyungsoo was patiently waiting outside. It was freezing. He had a thermos on his left hand with warm soup and on the other a warm pack for Chanyeol. He was shivering from the cold but he didn’t care, he didn’t use the warm pack, it’s for Chanyeol. On his way out Chanyeol was greeted by the recording company’s CEO. They had a small talk. He congratulated him until some staff came out and asked Chanyeol to join them for a small congratulatory drink. But of course he was still a student, he didn’t drink. He joined them but after remembering Kyungsoo, he immediately apologized that he has to go and that someone was waiting for him. It’s not good for Kyungsoo to be exposed too much from the cold. He has a poor heart. Chanyeol was so worried. It was almost an hour since he joined the staff and maybe Kyungsoo had been waiting longer than that.

“We agree not to see each other

You wrote to me – my first song”

“Kyungsoo, please open your eyes. Come back to me baby, please!” Chanyeol was hysterical. The nurses and doctors stopped him from following inside the room. He saw how lifeless Kyungsoo’s body was as they tried to use electricity to recover him, but he lied there motionless. He suffered from hypothermia. He was having a cold for two days before the incident happened. His heart was already weak and he stayed in the cold for too long.

*

A/N

Yiiiiieee! Please don’t get mad at me.