Xia Yu Tian (Rainy Day) - XiuChen

Song Book

It's a rainy day, what should I do

I miss you so much

Minseok is seated on his rocking chair at the porch of their house with a hot chocolate with marshmallows in his cute dino mug. It’s a rainy day in spring again. He somewhat feel gloomy like the rainy sky. He knows Jongdae loves the rain. Jongdae loves playing in the rain and now he misses him. His Jongdae is out for a series of solo concert tour and here he is waiting for the day he would come home.

I dare not call you

I can't find a reason to

Jongdae is busy. He might be out now for a big lunch after a long time of practice. But he misses his voice. It helps him relax. It makes him feel much better even if it rains until tomorrow. He did call him the other day but he wasn’t available. Later in the evening his baby dino sent him a message apologizing for not receiving his call and that he wanted to talk to him to but the schedule was a bit tight than he expected.

Why has the sound of insomnia

Become so familiar

It has been two consecutive nights that Minseok can’t sleep very well. Not because he misses Jongdae. Yes he does. But its because he was used to his touch, his feel and his scent beside him. He slept with Jongdae’s pajamas on. Wrapped his pillow with Jongdae’s unwashed shirt so he can have his smell all over it but it didn’t help him that much. He still wanted his touch. His gentle massage on his hair before he closes his eyes to sleep. The lullaby he hums while he’s giving him soft temple massage or his simple gestures and feather kisses while they’re watching TV.

The silent scene

Has replaced you

Waiting with me till the rain stops

Minseok can’t seem to appreciate the pitter patter of the rain on the wooden porch or even the soft tapping sound it makes on the roof. For him, everything’s silent. His hot chocolate he uses to warm his hand is now getting cold. He wonders what Jongdae likes the most about the rain. Was it because it was the reason for them to meet? Yes, they met for the first time when Jongdae came rushing to a nearby shed to protect himself from the rain but to no avail, the shed was packed and Minseok offered him to stay under his umbrella.

Anticipation makes people more and more indulgent

Who is the same as me

Still waiting for their someone

When I fell in love with you I learned

The taste of loneliness

Holding an umbrella by myself

Wiping away tears by myself

He’s getting impatient by the time the rain halted into drizzles. He can’t seem to wait until Jongdae comes home. He knows, when he loved and accepted Jongdae, that he has the time as his enemy. He has Jongdae’s job as his rival. He has to go shopping by himself most of the time. Weeks of watching TV alone in the bedroom. Days of having a meal all by himself. And he cries. He cried because he misses Jongdae so much.

I am tired of myself

He wanted to prove his love despite all of these so he would accept them. Try to defeat them.

What kind of rain

What kind of a night

What kind of a me

Will allow you to miss me more

He wanted to know if Jongdae misses him, too. He told him the day before that he did. But he wanted to hear his voice. He longs for him. Will he be able to endure all these?

How big does the rain have to be

How dark does the night have to be

To make you more thoughtful

He will. He will prove it to himself. He finally stood up with his unfinished cold chocolate marshmallow in his hand. He was about to slide the front door open when a pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist and a soft kiss was planted on the crook of his neck. “Minnie, honey. I miss you a lot!” Jongdae’s voice was muffled but Minseok heard him like his voice were those of angels descended from heaven. “DaeDae????!!!!” he exclaimed. Jongdae turned him over to face him with the signature Pikachu smile on his lips. “I wanted to surprise you that’s why I didn’t call. Our tour was over yesterday. Sorry I lied. But! Before you get mad at me, here!” he smiled widely when he took a big dino plushie from behind him. “That’s me!” he chuckled when Minseok hugged the dino plushie like a baby. “This is so adorable DaeDae, thank you! But, you were not wet. It was raining!” Minseok finally realized it. “Eh! I was watching you from the tent, I hid there earlier because I saw you came out here. I thought you were gonna cry, I really wanted to come out” Jongdae said pushing Minseok gently in to the door so they can get in the house.