Third

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 3

Happy reading :)

Its been two years since they moved to Jeju - far away from her hometown, far away from his place. He said he already had a small apartment over there but when they actually reached, she cannot believe her eyes. Come-on now, you call this a small apartment. Within a short span, he was able to get a job in a reputed company and soon he was promoted to a good post. It was always a wonder for her how he managed to grab such an elite position in so little of time. In addition, whenever she queried him all he did was divert the topic.

During the initial days, she felt as if she was being a bother to him. She had tried for various jobs but all being rejected as her marksheets and certificates were at her parents’ house. In this period, she didn’t earn anything, she couldn’t help him in his work; all she did was cook and maintain the house but even in that he helped her. She was getting frustrated day by day, as she was being a useless brat and had to depend on him. Finally, one day all this pent up frustration was blown, and they had their first fight. In her anger, she revealed what her problem was and broke down in front of him. And he could only sympathize with her current condition.

“This is so sickening.. All the jobs I applied for are plainly rejected. I feel so miserable, so useless. I can’t do anything. And moreover I can’t be of any help to you. All I m being is a bother to you...” she slid down on the floor and started crying.

He thought everything was fine between them. But being an ambitious person himself, he could understand her turmoil. And seeing her breaking down he sat in front of her and her face.

“Eunji-yah I never thought of you as a burden. If you ask me, I actually enjoy your company. And don’t worry everything is going to be good. Just don’t lose your hopes.”

She found a new hope by his words. And to show her gratefulness she hugged him tightly. Chanyeol was caught off-guard but soon smiled and ruffled her hair. He made himself comfortable beside her but in the process his hold loosened a bit on her. She thought he is leaving her so she hold him tightly and by this gesture Chanyeol’s smile just widened even more.

Within the next few days, she got a call from a nearby school where she had applied to be music teacher; saying that she was accepted and can start the next week. Her joy knew no bounds. And Chanyeol was equally thrilled. That night they had their little celebration.

Everything was going smoothly then after. Both of them feeling contented with their jobs. To refresh their minds from the hectic work life they would go to discover new places or simply for some karaoke sessions or a dance clubs occasionally. They have gotten comfortable no doubt, but with the increasing comfort the tension was also arising- the .

She had once barged in his room while he was working out and boy it was one hella masterpiece in front of her. And since then she would make silly reasons to check him out while he was exercising. And him, he really wanted to complain to whoever made these ‘shorts’. According to him she was just too careless about her clothes – an oversized tee and short pants. He never thought he would be attracted to her bed/home dressing style. But again they were cowards since they couldn’t just man up and confront the other.

 

 

Presently it was the VACATION TIME and they decided to visit one of their friends. While returning home Eunji spotted someone familiar whose presence made her rooted to her spot. When her senses worked, she panicked and took Chanyeol to one side. A tear rolled down her eyes. Seeing her state, he stepped in front of her blocking her view and wiped her tears.

“What happened Ji-yah, why are you crying?”

She pointed at his back and mumbled “my family”.

And just that instant her father eyed their direction. Eunji looked alert. Her hands wrapped around Chanyeol’s neck making him tilt downwards. She was terrified. She was hiding behind Chanyeol and kept an eye on her father who was advancing towards them. She so wanted to reunite with her family but was too scared to do so.

And our lover boy was in some different tangent altogether. His gaze roamed on her eyes that held too many emotions, then to her small button like nose and finally landed on her lips, which were quivering due to fear, and Chanyeol could not take it anymore, this was the limit. He descended down and claimed her lips. And her immediate reaction was to close her eyes.

They didn’t know what was happening. They didn’t know what took over them. Maybe all this pent up feelings towards the other finally had its toll. They didn’t proceed the kiss further. It was just a lip lock. They didn’t do anything further, just remained in that position for a while, savoring the moment. Absorbing the feeling that finally they had the other in a way they always dreamt of. Holding each other tightly.

Her father muttered to himself “Aish the youngsters these days cant even control their raging hormones!!” and retr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter