The Fairy Godmother

Who Grants the Fairy Godmother's Wish?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Fairy Godmother

After introducing Sehun to Yixing, Aeri took off. She could play off their meeting as coincidence, so she wasn't quite breaking the contract. She returned to her apartment, heart pounding and nerves a complete wreck from seeing Junmyeon again. Part of her wanted to know what happened with Sehun confronting Junmyeon, but at the same time she wanted nothing to do with it. Aeri was still unsettled from his appearance at her apartment two weeks ago.

Sunday was just a normal day, Gill just as busy as always. When her shift ended at just before the dinner rush she decided to take a short stroll along the beach. She needed a moment of peace after everything that had happened lately, and watching the soft waves beat against the shore as the sun set helped calm her hectic mind.

With her heels in her hand Aeri sat down on the soft sand a few yards from the lapping water as the tide came in. She took a deep breath of the salty air as a warm breeze blew her stray hairs from her face.

Twenty-five:

Aeri was fidgeting at the hotel bar spinning the wineglass in front of her around and around. She didn't want to be there, but her father had contacted her the day before telling her it was time. Her and Junmyeon didn't act like a married couple at home, or when they were alone, it was almost like they were strangers instead of close childhood friends. They put on a good show in public and at business events, smiling and holding one another and all Aeri wanted was for it to be real. It almost was once, but something happened, Junmyeon never showed and now it somehow made what Aeri had to do easier – not by much, but enough to know Junmyeon probably would not care.

About ten minutes after she sat down the stool next to her became occupied. She turned to see a well dressed man with a rectangular smile and bleached hair facing her. He ordered a scotch from the bartender before he introduced himself with an extended hand and a small bow of his head. He was clearly a professional in his work.

“Byun Baekhyun,” he grinned. “You must be Min Aeri.”

“Kim,” she corrected out of habit. “Kim Aeri.”

“Right, your married name.” Baekhyun nodded as he received his glass of scotch from the bartender. The man slid a card to the server and tipped his head towards Aeri. “And one more glass for my date, please.”

The bartender nodded as he took the credit card and went off to fulfill the order and make the payment.

Aeri hated the way the words my date came from Baekhyun's mouth and were referring to her. It sent a tremor down her spine that she tried to suppress as she finished the swig of her red wine. Business was business after all and Aeri had set her sights on the outcome since high school. She would make it happen no matter what, because it was his dream and would make him happy. That's what kept her going all these years, why she was meeting Byun Baekhyun now.

“So are you going to make this difficult, or are we just going to get this done?” he inquired tapping the side of his liquor glass with his finger.

“If you're asking if I'm going to chicken out, then the answer is no. I'm just apprehensive, I've never done anything like this,” she informed honestly.

Baekhyun chuckled. “It's easy. We act like a dating couple; giggles, kisses, text messages. Just like high school.”

“Never did that in high school, and I've only ever been kissed twice,” Aeri blushed embarrassed.

Baekhyun was mid-sip when his gaze widened at her. He nearly choked as he sat the glass on the bar at the same time the bartender returned with his card and Aeri's new glass of wine.

“You're joking right?” he gaped.

“No,” she shook her head.

Baekhyun placed his elbow on the counter and held his head in his hand as he stared at her incredulously for a moment. “Both from the same guy?” he inquired suspiciously.

She nodded.

“Your husband?”

She nodded again.

The first was when they were sixteen and Junmyeon walked her home after a party. She didn't really want to leave so soon, but the girl who's turn it was during the truth-or-dare game had to kiss the guy she liked and she had been eyeing Junmyeon. Aeri knew that her friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter